UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I've been MUGGed!

Reideen1313

Admit it you are going over to the vinyl side as much as you say you wont buy you will keep coming back looking at the pretty pictures and you will just have to buy one then two and before you know it you've been mugged. You will have the classic symptoms a rush of adrenalin a feeling of not be able to remember exactly what happened and an empty wallet. ;)

That sooo shoulda been the title of this thread- I have been MUGGed! haha

I can arrange that. B)

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So finally found Cap in a Target over an hour away from my house. Whew.... One weird thing I noticed on the botom of his right foot is a small square, kinda looks like something plugs into it. Anyone know what that's about? Just thought it was weird.

So finally found Cap in a Target over an hour away from my house. Whew.... One weird thing I noticed on the botom of his right foot is a small square, kinda looks like something plugs into it. Anyone know what that's about? Just thought it was weird.

Actually all the Mighty Muggs have it. Dunno what its for either. Come to think of it- dont most action figures have a peg hole in their feet?

No matter how tempting these are I have vowed to stay away from them. I simply can't afford them, nor do I have shelf space for them.

Damn you Movie Iron Man, why do you look so sweet?

I'm staying far away from these guys. They look far too addicting. I'll stick with mates, thank you very much and good day.

Admit it you are going over to the vinyl side as much as you say you wont buy you will keep coming back looking at the pretty pictures and you will just have to buy one then two and before you know it you've been mugged. You will have the classic symptoms a rush of adrenalin a feeling of not be able to remember exactly what happened and an empty wallet. ;)

umm... Nope, no desire for them. The problem is that that's the way I felt about minimates then one fateful day at Toys R Us I picked up a five pack of Spider-Man ones...

umm... Nope, no desire for them. The problem is that that's the way I felt about minimates then one fateful day at Toys R Us I picked up a five pack of Spider-Man ones...

I've found the size of these suckers incredibly helpful in keeping my "collection" down to only a couple of Marvel and a couple of SW -- it's much easier to stand there and talk yourself out of buying another Mugg than another Minimate. With mates, it was like I suddenly turned around one day and noticed every surface in my apartment was covered with them...

That was my reasoning too for a long time. I was able to resist them. Then I decided I needed the IM Mugg. I also really liked the Venom one, so I needed Spidey to go with him. If I was buying IM, Venom and Spidey, I should probably just get Wolverine too, to complete wave 1.

Then wave 2 came out and had Captain America, Hulk and Thing - all of which I needed, so I had to pick up Dr Doom too, once again, to complete the wave.

Wave 3 is going to be another must buy wave for me. Thor, Ghost Rider and Black Spidey - all must haves. I'll get Doc Ock again, just to complete the set.

That was my reasoning too for a long time. I was able to resist them. Then I decided I needed the IM Mugg. I also really liked the Venom one, so I needed Spidey to go with him. If I was buying IM, Venom and Spidey, I should probably just get Wolverine too, to complete wave 1.

Then wave 2 came out and had Captain America, Hulk and Thing - all of which I needed, so I had to pick up Dr Doom too, once again, to complete the wave.

Wave 3 is going to be another must buy wave for me. Thor, Ghost Rider and Black Spidey - all must haves. I'll get Doc Ock again, just to complete the set.

The thought process of a collector. There is a beautiful kind of logic to seeing the world in this slightly OCD fashion, isn't there? It mimics my early experience with Minimates:

"I love the Blue Beetle and Booster, got to get them. And. . .the Hal Jordan, Batman, and Superman are cool, iconic characters. I guess I'll pick them up, too. Well, I've got two of the major three. . .I guess I better get Wonder Woman as well, etc."

Then, "wow, look at the Nick Fury/Cap. and Iceman/Firestar sets. I was only getting DC, but those are pretty cool, too. Now, I need to get Spiderman and Wolverine, etc., etc."

Look who I found today:

0702082237.jpg

Saw the other 2 in the first wave-didn't really interest me. Indy's awesome though!

Also picked up Darth Vader, Chewie, and a Stormtrooper. Bleh the wonders of playing catch-up haha

Edited by ARE-JAY

Also picked up Darth Vader, Chewie, and a Stormtrooper. Bleh the wonders of playing catch-up haha

Wow! I can't believe you found a Stormtrooper. I was thinking about getting a second one, but they were gone forever shortly after they came out around here...

Indy looks pretty damn cool too!

Every time I open this thread, I thank my lucky stars these things aren't minifigures. If they were in the 3" range I'd be sadly addicted...

Agreed. Size does matter. . .

If anyone's still looking for any Marvel Wave 1, Big Bad Toy Store has a new shipment of them up for preorder... I think they were listed at 12.99 a pop.

Maybe a sign that they'll pop up again in stores, if they're doing extra production runs because of the popularity? I don't really know how that stuff works, but Transformers certainly seem to get repeat production runs if it's a popular seller. Hopefully they'll do the same with Star Wars wave 1 since I'm also on the look out for Stormtroopers...

If anyone's still looking for any Marvel Wave 1, Big Bad Toy Store has a new shipment of them up for preorder... I think they were listed at 12.99 a pop.

Maybe a sign that they'll pop up again in stores, if they're doing extra production runs because of the popularity? I don't really know how that stuff works, but Transformers certainly seem to get repeat production runs if it's a popular seller. Hopefully they'll do the same with Star Wars wave 1 since I'm also on the look out for Stormtroopers...

The last few times I went to the Wal-Marts/Target, I saw regular Spidey, Iron Man, and Wolvie, who weren't there before. . .

Wow! I can't believe you found a Stormtrooper. I was thinking about getting a second one, but they were gone forever shortly after they came out around here...

I actually found the stormtrooper at a local comic convention. I paid $15 for it which wasnt bad seeing as how they go for $35-45 on ebay.

Does anybody happen to know how many "variants" there are for the Star Wars line? I've heard of the Darth Vader "Double Pupil", Stormtrooper w/ Dark Grey shadowing, and a "bronze" C3PO.

Looking around on Blogs etc it seems they are the only 3 "variants" that ppl have come across at the moment. I dont actually know if they are officially made to variants or that maybe they just got changed during the production run

I actually found the stormtrooper at a local comic convention. I paid $15 for it which wasnt bad seeing as how they go for $35-45 on ebay.

Does anybody happen to know how many "variants" there are for the Star Wars line? I've heard of the Darth Vader "Double Pupil", Stormtrooper w/ Dark Grey shadowing, and a "bronze" C3PO.

Seeing as I have enough bloody collections check this out before I leap into another. Please help me beat this thing :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Mighty-Muggs...p3286.m14.l1318

Edited by buttheadsmate

Seeing as I have enough bloody collections check this out before I leap into another. Please help me beat this thing :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Mighty-Muggs...p3286.m14.l1318

Its a decent deal right now but with 5+days left, theres no telling what it'll go for. I say you should just give in BHM- better now when you could get em a good prices than later and pay inflated! Besides, they're 100% recycled awesome =) haha

I'm counting the days till GI Joe Muggs which are pretty much a given, maybe next year with the movie release. Not sure how they would do Transformer ones but I'm guessing they'll happen eventually too...

I'm just glad I'm not a major Star Wars fan

as it stands now thats around £150 plus P+P. A quick check shows me that Play.com still has the whole of SW wave one still instock but it seems that wave 2 is getting a bit sparce.

The roumer also is that there will be blank Mighty Muggs aimed at customisers so they can paint their own.

I'm just glad I'm not a major Star Wars fan

as it stands now thats around £150 plus P+P. A quick check shows me that Play.com still has the whole of SW wave one still instock but it seems that wave 2 is getting a bit sparce.

The roumer also is that there will be blank Mighty Muggs aimed at customisers so they can paint their own.

If they still have Star Wars wave 1 in stock- stock up on some stormtroopers- you'll be able to retire early! haha jk

I heard that about the blank muggs too- Supposedly around Christmas time Hasbro is going to offer an all Black and an all White mugg.

On another note, when are we gunna start seeing some more female characters? I suppose they may be stuck on how to do the long hair but at least give us a Mystique and Emma Frost while we wait- they can paint the bobs right on the head =) lol

Aww man I'l be disappointed if he isn't taller but I pretty sure I'll be buying him regardless!! He's not going to be a SDCC exclusive though right, they were talking about unveiling him in the next wave? Are-Jay are you planning on on being there for that panel to get picks?

Edited by Fo Shizzle