UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I've been MUGGed!

Reideen1313

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

I LOVE that Endor bike Scout, all the "trooper" uniforms work so well on the Mugg frame... and the pig dude's fun too

Between all these online exclusive Muggs, the millions of upcoming mates they keep announcing, and various other stuff, my growing list of preorders on BBTS is starting to scare me a little though... it's like standing in front of a tidal wave of credit card debt. :blink:

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I predicted the end, but I had no idea that it would come this soon. I can't believe that it's been 2 weeks since anyone has posted anything in the Mighty Muggs section of the Multiverse!

I haven't seen anything new at retail either. No Transformers, no GI Joe wave 2, no Wicket the ewok, nothing.

What the hell?

Mighty Muggs are DEAD.

lol I highly doubt it. This is a Minimate forum, if you want constant posts go to a Muggs one. Doesn't mean their dead.

I just scored a Soundwave Mugg today, and it's amazing! Too bad there was no Optimus. I just came across an Ewok as well, it was Wicket or some other one name teebop(?).

There was a Teebo at Targets.

And I saw GI Joe wave 2 weekend before last at a Target. I already had them, so I passed. I think things will pick up some in the next month or so based on HTS's ship dates. I do wish they'd announce the next Marvel wave, though. The next two Star Wars waves are up for preorder all over, but we don't even know who'll be in the next marvel set.

I do wish they'd announce the next Marvel wave, though. The next two Star Wars waves are up for preorder all over, but we don't even know who'll be in the next marvel set.

I am also wondering about the next marvel set since those are the only muggs I collect (for now ;) ). I hope sales have been strong enough for the marvel line to continue. There are tons of great characters out there that would make amazing muggs.

Really? I've seen Optimus twice, Soundwave and Megs once(picked up Soundwave but left Megatron), and I've seen Bumblebee a few times. A lot of the Transformers seem to be hidden behind Star Wars Muggs, or the barricade of Things.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to look through my tote of Muggs for something and decided to take a picture of my collection. I thought lining them up was better than taking a picture of them in a pile. Now that we're looking for a house, maybe I'll actually be able to display my stuff sometime.

1minimates041.jpg

Very cool set you got there! Although I've never been interested in Muggs myself (They look like total crap IMHO), they look pretty cool all lined up like that!

I have been so frustrated lately trying to find the ist appearance IM. I found him at walmart like 2 months ago but it wouldn't ring up in their system and when the cashier got the manager over to help the manager told me that these weren't supposed to be out on the shelves yet and that I couldn't buy it and he just walked off with it without even listening to my complaint that I sure as hell could buy it! I have not seen this wave at any store since and wonder if you guys know any good online places to get muggs?

It looks like GI Joe and Transformers wave 2 are finally showing up around here. I found Destro and Starscream!

I've just started seeing the wave 1 TFs. I'm definitely picking up Starscream if I see him.

I'll also keep an eye out for first appearance Iron Man, though I don't think that I've seen him yet in person.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm still searching for a Baroness. I haven't seen her in person yet.

K- I was shocked to see Starscream. There was only one, he was right in front AND they were on sale for $7.99 at Target. (the box was even pristine!) Don't worry, wave one of Transformers took a while to show up here but once they did they are waaay overstocked. That's probably why they're on sale for $7.99!

HD, TRU in Kenwood had one Baroness last night. They actually had two, but I bought one for my son (I found mine at Target a month or so ago) and left the other one on the shelf. I don't know if it would still be there, but you may want to call them and see if they can hold it for you if it's not been sold yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, does Peter Jackson really belong in the same group with those other guys? At this point, does George Lucas? In any case, they are all great likenesses. I would probably have to pick up a Sagat and Vega if Street Fighter Muggs were made.

Wow, does Peter Jackson really belong in the same group with those other guys? At this point, does George Lucas? In any case, they are all great likenesses.

Who is the guy in the bottom left of that picture? It looks like Alex Trebek from Jeopardy!

The blog says it's Walt Disney -- and should he be in the picture? What has he done for us lately??? :lol: Just kidding, I actually agree Peter Jackson isn't on the same creative level as the rest...

Two of my local comic shops have the online exlcusive SW Muggs in their upcoming product listings for next Wednesday... Not sure if they're getting them through Diamond (which would kinda make the whole "online exclusive" thing completely wrong), or maybe both these stores just ordered a few sets off one of the online stores to sell for a mark-up?

Anyway, if you haven't ordered them online yet, or didn't manage to pre-order the Red Guard and Scout Trooper before they sold out, you may want to check with your LCS to see if they're getting any...