UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I've been MUGGed!

Reideen1313

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My oh my. First the Secret Invasion throughout the Marvel U., and now the Skrulls are multiplying outside of comic books. I am kinda depressed, though. I really don't enjoy Secret Invasion at all, and feel that it has taken up too much of Marvel. With the Skrull Mugg (my opinion) i feel they've done too much. I'd have rather seen Phoenix or something. An one notice that we have no X-Men?

And as for Iron Man, i hate it. Why? Because now i have to save up for all three; they're so cool!

An one notice that we have no X-Men?

Wolverine?

BBTS has sent out emails telling people that Hasbro has cancelled Indiana Jones wave 3 and 4. Is a sad day for Mighty Muggs. I wonder if the entertainmentearth.com exclusive set is cancelled as well or if it will be the last set. Anyway, not surprised if the cancellation is true, all the stores I walk in that carry Mighty Muggs always have a shelf full of Indana Jones.

An one notice that we have no X-Men?

Wolverine?

I think the Wolverine Mugg is the Avengers version of Wolverine.

But I, too, have wondered why there aren't anymore X-Men out or even in upcoming waves. I'd even settle for an exclusive (Phoenix/Cyclops comes to mind). I'm just a little confused why they aren't out there yet.

Sad to hear the ending for indy muggs. It was in my mind the weakest of the mugg lines but there was at least few more waves of characters that could have been made. I would say its the repacking of already used characters that weakened it meaning they would have sat on shelves.

• 4 weeks later...

Well Mighty Muggs collectors - if anyone is looking to pick up the Indy set, I was at Target this weekend and noticed that they are all on 50% clearance (That's $5.50 each from the original $10.99) for Indy, Mola Ram and the Cairo Sword Guy.

I couldn't resist Mola Ram and his flaming heart accessory for that price.

Well Mighty Muggs collectors - if anyone is looking to pick up the Indy set, I was at Target this weekend and noticed that they are all on 50% clearance (That's $5.50 each from the original $10.99) for Indy, Mola Ram and the Cairo Sword Guy.

I couldn't resist Mola Ram and his flaming heart accessory for that price.

I tried to return my Galactus to Wal-Mart last week, and they were only willing to give me $5 for him, so I just kept him. Maybe some of the Marvel ones are clearanced there? Wouldn't surprise me. The Muggs don't seem to be big sellers around here.

Edited by karamazov80

Post over on the Muggs lounge by a member who has been clued in before on upcoming muggs before release about 8 upcoming SW's Muggs so here it is to wet ppls appetite.

- Wicket (comes with spear) HE IS CUTE!

- Wampa (comes with a bone with some meat on it + his arm comes off!)

- Qui-Gon Jinn (nice Liam likeness)

- Obi-Wan (nice Alec Guiness likeness)

- Gammorian Guard (comes with Axe - he also has nice drool detailing!)

- Bossk

- Biggs Darklighter (in orange X-wing pilot gear)

- SnowTrooper

this should be still listed as rumour but he has been right before now.

- Wicket (comes with spear) HE IS CUTE!

Wait, have you seen images MiniFiend? Or is the "he is cute" just part of the description this dude posted? I know some people really hate Ewoks (or at least they did before Jar Jar became an easier target :lol: ), but I would love a Wicket Mugg...

Thanks for posting the info...

I love that the Skrull is a reuse of Yoda. XD

Yoda head standard size mugg body.

I remember reading somewhere when muggs where put to hasbro it was the idea of not having to retool for different figures across different brands that sold them on producing them.

Something along the lines of "We can use the body how many times!"

Thinking about it there arn't that many pieces across the whole selection of muggs

3 bodies

Standard body

Skirted body

Short body

5 heads

Plain

Ears

hair (leia)

flamed

galactcus

3 arms

Wolverine

force blast

removable hand

from those 12 bits or so they have made every mugg

even the accessories are very few mostly guns,capes,lightsabers and vaders helmet

OK there maybe more bits but thats all I can remember off the top of my head

Heh...My LCS has Silvy, Galactus, Torch, and Thanos. It's like he's tempting me to cross over to the MM dark side...;)

Out of curiosity, what is your LCS charging for them? Most comic shops I've been to really have to mark them up to make any kind of profit. In my experience it's way cheaper to find them at retail or wait for one of the coupons like they had recently on hasbrotoyshop.com.