UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I've been MUGGed!

Reideen1313

Oh, HELL no...

Transformers Mighty Muggs. I'm gonna go broke. I really am. If I get a job, it'll only be for toys. I might have to sell my GIRLFRIEND for toys. Its not fair, all the toy companies listen to fans nowadays and give us what we want.

Except Shocker Toys. You have to HAVE fans to listen to them. :P

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, HELL no...

Transformers Mighty Muggs. I'm gonna go broke. I really am. If I get a job, it'll only be for toys. I might have to sell my GIRLFRIEND for toys. Its not fair, all the toy companies listen to fans nowadays and give us what we want.

Except Shocker Toys. You have to HAVE fans to listen to them. :P

GI Joe Muggs were recently announced, as well. I figured Transformers were the next logical step. . .though I really don't like Transformers toys that can't transform.

though I really don't like Transformers toys that can't transform.

I felt the same way until they brought out the Revoltech line, which are some of my favorite figures...

With TF Muggs though, I just can't picture them. Transformers are so boxy and Muggs are so... the complete opposite of that. Or maybe they'll be great, but my bank account kinda hopes not :)

All online sites I have seen seem to be taking preorders aimed at the end of this month for marvel wave 3. Dunno what the stores are like but Hasbro seems to like getting these things out quick smart so I would say anytime from mid month onwards, especially with SDCC being the end of the month. I can see hasbro wanting these out for ppl to buy.

I was in Wal-Mart today and found 1 Iron Man, 1 Doc Doom, 2 Caps, and about 10 Hulks. I have no idea how they had that many Hulks and so few of everyone else but I bought one of them and one of the Captain Americas.

Overall they're pretty nice but I did have a couple of nit-pics...I was a little surprised that the red and blue on Cap's uniform was painted so dark, it's a little strange to see his gloves and boots not match his shield. Dr. Doom was also painted much darker than what I thought he would be, all of his colors seem to be of the same tone and just kind of blend together.

I now just need to find the Thing and Venom.

I was in Wal-Mart today and found 1 Iron Man, 1 Doc Doom, 2 Caps, and about 10 Hulks. I have no idea how they had that many Hulks and so few of everyone else but I bought one of them and one of the Captain Americas.

Overall they're pretty nice but I did have a couple of nit-pics...I was a little surprised that the red and blue on Cap's uniform was painted so dark, it's a little strange to see his gloves and boots not match his shield. Dr. Doom was also painted much darker than what I thought he would be, all of his colors seem to be of the same tone and just kind of blend together.

I was actually happy that they painted Cap a more "maroon" color- kinda like the Civil War Cap Minimate- but I get what your saying about the shield not matching his outfit =)

I'm not sure what materials these mighty muggs are made of, but is it possible to make translucent ones? Maybe for an Invisible Woman?

Venom's pretty tough to come by lately in my experience. I saw one once or twice when they first came out & passed because I was attempting to resist the Marvel Muggs even though I really liked my Star Wars Muggs. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen a Thing since I bought mine. I'm pretty sure that they are all packed one of each to a case, so I guess Thing and Venom (and Spidey/Iron Man too) are the most popular so far...

They had better give me the rest of the Fantastic Four team soon!

I bought the Spider-Man from Borders (at $20 - ouch!) about a week ago, and I gotta say, he's just not growing on me. I think the Marvel ones get significantly better with wave 2 and later, but I just don't see myself getting into this line. I will, however, definitely get a Galactus, and a Sentinel if they make one, as a cheapo substitute for the Max statues.

At $20, they wouldn't have even entered into my thoughts to buy - much less grown into the collection they have in such a short time. $20 is WAY too high for this product. IMO, you really should take it back to Borders. Look for Muggs at Target, TRU and Walmart. They should be selling in the $10.00 price range, which is a much more reasonable price IMO.

At $20, they wouldn't have even entered into my thoughts to buy - much less grown into the collection they have in such a short time. $20 is WAY too high for this product. IMO, you really should take it back to Borders. Look for Muggs at Target, TRU and Walmart. They should be selling in the $10.00 price range, which is a much more reasonable price IMO.

I think $10 is/was the RRP when they first came out maybe they just sell well and they hiked it up

I think $10 is/was the RRP when they first came out maybe they just sell well and they hiked it up

I'm pretty sure that the suggested retail price for these is not $20. If they cost that much at Borders, it is most likely because Borders decided to jack up the price. That is a huge chain book store, where everything is fairly pricey compared to other retailers like Target or Wal-Mart (on books, DVDs, CDs, and everything else).

It sucks, too, because both this store and Barnes and Noble have such great, extensive sections of non-mainstream music and DVDs (which you don't find at other national chains), but on average, CDs probably cost about $6-7 more than what you would pay on, say, amazon.com, and the DVDs might cost as much as $15-20 more.

Edited by karamazov80

when are we going to get a Punisher? i need him and a Ghost rider.

anyone going to SDCC wanna pick up a movie ironman and a peter parker for me?

and im curious what the criteria is for extra bumps and lumps on these guys heads? Leia gets hair donuts, yoda ears, Thor gets hair extensions and ghostrider gets flames but wolvies mask gets painted on?

Edited by Mattallica

I have a feeling they'll return to Wolverine soon. I could see them doing his brown outfit with sculpted mask 'wings', then later on releasing the same sculpt as a redo of the yellow costume.

And yeah, I'm definitely returning that $20 Spidey Mugg. But the Indiana Jones ones look tempting.