UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I've been MUGGed!

Reideen1313

Saw 'em online and thought 'meh - just another SW product - I haven't bought SW stuff since ROTJ. I won't need those.'

Found Darth Vader, Han Solo, and Chewie at Target yesterday. Couldn't pass Darth up.

DarthVaderMugg001.jpg

Very nifty and cheap too! $9.99 for a nice sized urban vinyl-esque Darth Vader.

I can't wait to get more. I'll be going back for Han & Chewie. I'm on the lookout for a couple of Troopers & Boba Fett.

Edited by Reideen1313
Changed title

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude those are awsome!! I, however, am glad to not have a Target nearby for once....otherwise I would be trying to make space in my almost overfull toy room for Vader and a few oters of these! thanks for sharing this!

Jeff of the Minis

but im more interested in the MARVEL ones

are they not out yet?

They are available for pre-order from various places (listed around March). I really like the Iron Man, and might be persuaded to get all of them. . .:

post-1827-1200093786_thumb.jpg

Wow, those look cool. Especially the Venom! How much are these?

If the Marvel ones are priced like the SW, they'll be $9.99 each.

So if they come to Britain, do we expect about a £9.99 price tag?

I got the Vader one over the weekend, but I just noticed that mine looks a little different from Reideen's and the stock photo. In those pictures, Vader has small light-colored "eyes" within the big sunglass-shaped black part. Mine has a second set of circles diagonally above (up/left) the first set. The box art matches what I got, so I'm confused. Anybody else with a Vader have "four-eyes"???

If the Marvel ones are priced like the SW, they'll be $9.99 each.

So if they come to Britain, do we expect about a £9.99 price tag?

Forbidden planet both sites have them listed at around £12 each cheaper if you preorder. (UK stock expected end of feb into march) Could be worth picking them up online from the USA now while we have a strong pound

I got the Vader one over the weekend, but I just noticed that mine looks a little different from Reideen's and the stock photo. In those pictures, Vader has small light-colored "eyes" within the big sunglass-shaped black part. Mine has a second set of circles diagonally above (up/left) the first set. The box art matches what I got, so I'm confused. Anybody else with a Vader have "four-eyes"???

Anybody out there? :blink:

I got the Darth Vader one and it is awesome but I am most looking forward to Iron Man coming up here soon.

Me too. I'm really interested in the Marvel stuff. After looking at all the SW Muggs, I think the only one I'll have to pick up is a Trooper. The Marvel ones on the other hand, I'll need them all. Wolverine is my least fav of the 4 shown so far - but he has a funky-ness to him that'll require me to get him as well. :D

• 2 weeks later...

After two weeks of waiting, I finally got an answer from Hasbro regarding my "four-eyes" vs. "two-eyes" Vader question:

"Thank you for your patience.

I spoke with the designer of this product and he explained a running change was made to the item during production. As a result, the version you have is the corrected version of the item. Unfortunately, the other version is no longer available.

The photo of the Darth Vader Mighty Muggs Figure on the Hasbro website depicts the older version before the running change was made.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused."

I found the cooler (IMO) "two-eyed" version over the weekend and did an exchange before I found this out. I'm glad I have the more rare of the two now. I also found Darth Maul, Boba Fett, and the Stormtrooper (which has a light shading/dark shading variation) while I was out.