UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Taskmaster & U.S. Agent

Mattallica

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will these be available in the UK? I really want this set.

Vig

I think these are two really cool Minimates (especially USAgent). I don't see them selling too well, but I'll certainly buy them if they come to the local comic shop.

Really?!?!? I see these doing better than some of the other one's I've seen lately. Both of these characters have been showing up in the Marvel Universe. So at least this set makes some sense ;)

Really?!?!? I see these doing better than some of the other one's I've seen lately. Both of these characters have been showing up in the Marvel Universe. So at least this set makes some sense ;)

They seemed like fairly obscure characters to me (of course, I don't keep up with Marvel currently, so as far as I know, Taskmaster is the new Wolverine and USAgent is the new Cable). So, even in comics shops, I would expect a more conventional 2 pack to sell more. But hey, I'm just "speculatin' on a hypothesis. I knows I don't know nothin'."

Will these be available in the UK? I really want this set.

Vig

forbidden planet has them listed on their site so I would say yes. The way I read the ongoing saga of minimates in UK/Europe is that anything that was slated to be released upto and including the wave with vision hawkeye etc will be. But anything after that we are out of luck.

They seemed like fairly obscure characters to me (of course, I don't keep up with Marvel currently, so as far as I know, Taskmaster is the new Wolverine and USAgent is the new Cable). So, even in comics shops, I would expect a more conventional 2 pack to sell more. But hey, I'm just "speculatin' on a hypothesis. I knows I don't know nothin'."

See, neither do I Karamazo, but I do read Wizard and know that both of these characters have come to the fore front of some storylines. Not to mention, correct me if I'm wrong gang, Taskmaster trained USAgent aka Steve Rogers replacement as Captain America back in the day on how to duplicate Cap's (SR) moves? Now USAgent is part of Omega Flight and I think there's something major going on with Taskmaster too. For some reason I can't remember what that is though? I'm just glad that this will be in my LCBS and not an exclusive, if I'm being honest. Not trying to crack your stones, just trying to put things in perspective. Like everyone, I look forward to this set and hope they give us the accessories needed for the set.

See, neither do I Karamazo, but I do read Wizard and know that both of these characters have come to the fore front of some storylines. Not to mention, correct me if I'm wrong gang, Taskmaster trained USAgent aka Steve Rogers replacement as Captain America back in the day on how to duplicate Cap's (SR) moves? Now USAgent is part of Omega Flight and I think there's something major going on with Taskmaster too. For some reason I can't remember what that is though? I'm just glad that this will be in my LCBS and not an exclusive, if I'm being honest. Not trying to crack your stones, just trying to put things in perspective. Like everyone, I look forward to this set and hope they give us the accessories needed for the set.

Taskmaster is, for lack of a better word, Camp Hammond's Drill Sergent

I have to wonder though, will my LCS get this in? I asked them to order it from previews along with BP/IM and BP/IM came in, but there was not a pack reserved for me nor was I notified when it came in. The shop also recieved the regular Zombie pack without (to my knowledge) any sort of order, so I thought maybe the Zombie IM/BP pack came in because my LCS loves Zombies. I wonder if it will come...

Ok, I have these in hand (without a camera, sadly), but here's what you should know:

There are no new sculpts for either figure, but this is not really a problem, because when you open the box you will be floored by the shear amount of stuff crammed into that tiny package. US Agent is basically a Cap repaint with a Blade/Nick Fury belt and an extra non-glove hand to accommodate the shield. Taskmaster features Doom's cape, Ultimate Wolverine's belt, Assault Punisher's pistol, knife, and holsters, Sue Storm's shield, Blade's sword and sheath, a LotR bow and arrow (I think), and an extra non-glove hand to accommodate the shield.

And the paint apps and detail appear to be phenomenal. If this is truly the final page for Marvel Minimates, then at least they're going out on a high note. Hopefully one of my esteemed colleagues can get some photos up ASAP.

Ok, further review suggests that Taskmaster's bow and arrow may actually be a new sculpt, or at least a copy of Hawkeye's bow and arrow, as it seems to fit much better in his hand than the LotR bow would. Also, US Agent features a fully detailed face with hair, much like Sgt. Rock, Zombie Daredevil, and Black Panther before him. The pieces that hold the shields to the arms have been redone to fit on the end of the arm without sliding up the arm, which better explains the extra hands. Finally, despite being repaints of existing pieces, the Cap mask and Doom cloak featured pegs now.

I really don't see this much work being put into a Previews exclusive if the line was finished, especially when it would be cheaper to just run with the old molds for the arm bands, mask, and cloak.

US Agent is basically a Cap repaint with a Blade/Nick Fury belt and an extra non-glove hand to accommodate the shield. Taskmaster features Doom's cape, Ultimate Wolverine's belt, Assault Punisher's pistol, knife, and holsters, Sue Storm's shield, Blade's sword and sheath, a LotR bow and arrow (I think), and an extra non-glove hand to accommodate the shield.

:jawdrop:

that is a lot of weapons I was not really all that excited about this pack but now I am. I will be picking this one up after lunch, look for pictures later this afternoon.

I love the figures...but I got to say I don't like the new shield handles. One end is filled in so that it will only go on the wrist. On all the previous Caps, I liked to push the shield up so that I could still fit a gloved hand on. It interfered with the elbow a little, sure, but I liked that look better than the spare hand look. Oh well, still amazing figures none-the-less.