UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ken & Blanka 2 pack

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, just trying to grow the collection. People "Crushing the dream" or "hating" do not advance the purposes of this thread. I know everyone thinks it is impossible, but here is my view:

- If they can make a wack marty mcfly exclusive 2 pack, then Ken & Blanka should sell much better.

- The reason the SF mates didn't sell, is because 90% of the people did not know who the darkstalkers were.

- The afx Chun Li was a wack repaint, not a real"variant"

- Someone with money, such as myself, is just about stupid enough to sink dollars into this.

- They probably have concept art and possibly prototypes, so new sculpt costs are out.

- We don't need accessories - Have plenty of wack Darkstalkers accessories.

- Packaging art is done.

- Cost wise, this could be done cheap.

- Unless DST says no and never, I can try.

Not crabby, just optimistic!

WW4M

There's some holes in your logic:

- They can make a "wack marty mcfly" set because BTTF.com ponied up the dough and paid for them. DST got their money already, its up to BTTF.com to try and earn it back with their own profit.

- When the SF mates went the 4-pack route at a nationwide chain like TRU, the 4-pack consisting entirely of SF characters didn't sell any better than the one consisting of Dark Stalkers.

- If someone with money had sunk their dollars into this line a couple years ago, we'd have these figures by now. Why should today be any different than yesterday?

- They do have concept art and prototypes, but that isn't where the cost comes in. The cost comes from tooling molds for the machines to use and the cost of paint, plastic, and other materials for mass production. The cost is still there.

- How many people would complain about the figures not having accessories? Besides, lacking accessories wouldn't change the fact that you're looking at at least a $15,000 price tag just to get these things produced.

- Even if the packaging art is done already, they still have to print it out about 3,000 times, which costs money.

- Cost wise, as I've said before, a bare bones minimum for this set would still heft at least a $15,000 price tag.

- DST has essentially said they are done with the Street Fighter line.

I'm not trying to squash your dreams, nor am I trying to bring a negative to your cause. I'm just saying that we see these topics pop up every couple weeks with people theorizing why the line died and pleading for it to be resurrected. I'm just pleading with you to stop bringing false hope to those who are still clinging to this idea. Street Fighter will just rank as one of those lines that had potential, but for some reason just didn't make it. Let it go.

]There's some holes in your logic:

- They can make a "wack marty mcfly" set because BTTF.com ponied up the dough and paid for them. DST got their money already, its up to BTTF.com to try and earn it back with their own profit.

- When the SF mates went the 4-pack route at a nationwide chain like TRU, the 4-pack consisting entirely of SF characters didn't sell any better than the one consisting of Dark Stalkers.

- If someone with money had sunk their dollars into this line a couple years ago, we'd have these figures by now. Why should today be any different than yesterday?

- They do have concept art and prototypes, but that isn't where the cost comes in. The cost comes from tooling molds for the machines to use and the cost of paint, plastic, and other materials for mass production. The cost is still there.

- How many people would complain about the figures not having accessories? Besides, lacking accessories wouldn't change the fact that you're looking at at least a $15,000 price tag just to get these things produced.

- Even if the packaging art is done already, they still have to print it out about 3,000 times, which costs money.

- Cost wise, as I've said before, a bare bones minimum for this set would still heft at least a $15,000 price tag.

I'm not trying to squash your dreams, nor am I trying to bring a negative to your cause. I'm just saying that we see these topics pop up every couple weeks with people theorizing why the line died and pleading for it to be resurrected. I'm just pleading with you to stop bringing false hope to those who are still clinging to this idea. Street Fighter will just rank as one of those lines that had potential, but for some reason just didn't make it. Let it go.

I have to agree with Dragon, the big factor is cash. Saying I would buy a set, hell 10 sets...is not the same thing as writing a check to DST and saying make this many and I will sell them on my own. Soooo unless someone has an open check book...a petition is about as good as a popcorn fart in the wind.

So let's just say "ahhh what could have been" and focus on stuff we know is getting made.

nuff said

moc847

Nah, just trying to grow the collection. People "Crushing the dream" or "hating" do not advance the purposes of this thread.

Points WW4M to the brickwall and shows the bloodstains where others have bashed their head against it... ;)

There's no hating here just simple common sense, you've been around long enough that it's not coming back unless you personally want to make the $$$ investment, Which is not a smart idea if you ask me because even DST got burned and won't touch it now.

T.

We have a potential sponsor for this project in the UK ,they are well-known for taking on projects of this nature.I'll give you the address : 10 Downing Street, London,UK. Great track record including British Rail,Health Service & the Millennium Dome. One of there current 'future earners' ,the Olympics , is also doing as predicted . The 'Jewel in the Crown' project is a fantastic idea , in a nutshell they have loaned a broke bank over $120,000,000,000 .....can't fail !

All the best for this unique & exciting idea, try & get super spidey piggy on bored (I do know how to spell),he'll help in all sorts of ways.

Ask for Gordon or Allister :unsure: Fu-Ken Blanka blankin Hell .

I'm going to say again that the reason for failure in Street Fighter/Darkstalkers was probably the lack of other minimates at the time. One of the BIG things about minimates is that Spidey, Batman, Ryu, Jack Bauer, Marty McFly, Rocky, Starbuck, Kirk, and others are all in the same unified line.

Also, my LCS still has the Darkstalkers packs (:P)

Nah, just trying to grow the collection. People "Crushing the dream" or "hating" do not advance the purposes of this thread. I know everyone thinks it is impossible, but here is my view:

- If they can make a wack marty mcfly exclusive 2 pack, then Ken & Blanka should sell much better.

- The reason the SF mates didn't sell, is because 90% of the people did not know who the darkstalkers were.

- The afx Chun Li was a wack repaint, not a real"variant"

- Someone with money, such as myself, is just about stupid enough to sink dollars into this.

- They probably have concept art and possibly prototypes, so new sculpt costs are out.

- We don't need accessories - Have plenty of wack Darkstalkers accessories.

- Packaging art is done.

- Cost wise, this could be done cheap.

- Unless DST says no and never, I can try.

WW4M

There's some holes in your logic:

Why should I let someone tell me what I can speak on in this forum? Get it, it is a forum where we discuss Minimates, not hate on what other people post. You, need to find something better to do then "educate" the rest of us, when you, yourself are not the teacher. I tell you what, why don't you spend your time posting after everything, logical or not, I type on this thread, genius. Please be my voice of reason to everything Minimates I want to type. Having that kind of time makes you a little lonely, bro.

The sculpting is exactly the same as RYU, except the hair piece for Ken, true on Blanka.

Bro, here is what it really is.

You don't own DST. Period. You, are not an expert on this matter. Period. You, are trying to"shed light" in a place that does not need it. You, don't have any real clue on what it costs to produce minimates, and if you do, then spend time helping people produce them.

Will Work 4 Mates

P.S. There was never a 4 pack with 4 all SF characters in it. And if there was, I must not be one of the collectors who has more minimates than almost everybody on this forum, and I missed it. May the minimate god strike me dead.

Will Work 4 Mates

Those listed in the MMMV SF definitive list & the ones I'm looking at right now don't exist then. My God there was no Target...& this is a dream :biggrin: Chill ,nobody really cares THAT much.

P.S. There was never a 4 pack with 4 all SF characters in it. And if there was, I must not be one of the collectors who has more minimates than almost everybody on this forum, and I missed it. May the minimate god strike me dead.

Will Work 4 Mates

Those listed in the MMMV SF definitive list & the ones I'm looking at right now don't exist then. My God there was no Target...& this is a dream :biggrin: Chill ,nobody really cares THAT much.

I forgot the other 4 pack did have all 4. One did and one didn't.

WW4M

Uh-oh WW4M. This Minimate god just asked me where you live. Something about smiting...

Why should I let someone tell me what I can speak on in this forum? Get it, it is a forum where we discuss Minimates, not hate on what other people post. You, need to find something better to do then "educate" the rest of us, when you, yourself are not the teacher. I tell you what, why don't you spend your time posting after everything, logical or not, I type on this thread, genius. Please be my voice of reason to everything Minimates I want to type. Having that kind of time makes you a little lonely, bro.

The sculpting is exactly the same as RYU, except the hair piece for Ken, true on Blanka.

Bro, here is what it really is.

You don't own DST. Period. You, are not an expert on this matter. Period. You, are trying to"shed light" in a place that does not need it. You, don't have any real clue on what it costs to produce minimates, and if you do, then spend time helping people produce them.

Will Work 4 Mates

Told you you were Crabby :P

Dude, You're taking this thread way too seriously... just because people disagree with you doesn't mean anyone is attacking you, as you say it's a forum for debate and people are just showing the flaws in your logic, we've been over this and how to do other exclusives dozens of times in various threads and pretty much everyone knows the score by now, consider it constructive advice that you'd only find out later anyway...

How about we make like little Fonzies and be cool.

T.

p.s. WW4M, just to prove I can add something positive to the thread. Why not go to the Horses mouth and email DST to see if they will ballpark what costs etc are needed to get this off the ground if you are serious about investing in getting these made? ( I cant see that anyone else is going to Pony up the cash) There might be good reasons it can't go any further for example do we know if they even have the license anymore etc...

I wasn't trying to tell you what to say or think...

You know what, forget it. If you want to continue this mission, best of luck.

1. Denial - check

2. Anger - check

3. Bargaining - check

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

We're almost there. :lol:

I can see it now:

Fallen Son: Death of Street Fighter Minimates :P

1. Denial - check

2. Anger - check

3. Bargaining - check

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

No offense WW4M but that was funny! :lol:

It's cool. I think TBT hit it on the head. I will contact DST about it for the knowledge. The cash is not the issue, I have been saving my pennies for a long time. The liscence may have expired with SF2, very possible.

I still put it out there because if I can make this happen, I want to make sure I have support from my fellow collectors.

So, if you have support, wether or not there is an answer to a seemingly impossible question, show it on the thread. If not, save it. That's all.

P.S. I hope I entertained someone with my antics.

WW4M

1. Denial - check

2. Anger - check

3. Bargaining - check

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

It's cool. I think TBT hit it on the head. I will contact DST about it for the knowledge. The cash is not the issue, I have been saving my pennies for a long time. The liscence may have expired with SF2, very possible.

I still put it out there because if I can make this happen, I want to make sure I have support from my fellow collectors.

So, if you have support, wether or not there is an answer to a seemingly impossible question, show it on the thread. If not, save it. That's all.

WW4M

seriously i do appreciate your passion. If you have enough pennies saved up to get a "retail exclusive" then i think you will find we will all support you by buying from you. I think the only thing some people *like me were thrown off by was the petition angle. Now if you wrote the petion on the back of a check...that might be a different story.

You may want to talk to BTTF i know his site hosted an exclusive, he might be able to tell you his experience

anyway no offense

1. Denial - check

2. Anger - check

3. Bargaining - check

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

WW4M

seriously i do appreciate your passion. If you have enough pennies saved up to get a "retail exclusive" then i think you will find we will all support you by buying from you. I think the only thing some people *like me were thrown off by was the petition angle. Now if you wrote the petion on the back of a check...that might be a different story.

You may want to talk to BTTF i know his site hosted an exclusive, he might be able to tell you his experience

anyway no offense

It all good. I think of my fellow members like my family. We bicker, then we get over it. I got respect for drgnrbrn316 and TBT. If they are down with minimates, then they are down with me.

And funny is funny...

If you got the banking to back up the passion, then you could really make some history by being the first person with their own exclusive. It all rests in whether DST and AA still have the SF2 license and if they want to play ball. I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor. I think you'll find that everyone here will do what they can to take a few of these sets off your hands if they ever see the light of day.

I got nothing but respect for you for sticking to your guns and pursuing this option to its finish. No hard feelings, eh?

If you got the banking to back up the passion, then you could really make some history by being the first person with their own exclusive.

I think (thought) that honour went to Jaycen ,silly-gooser ? He was 'before my time' but from what I gather he actually put his money where his mouth was(is). cue: Ol' time MMMV sage.

I think (thought) that honour went to Jaycen ,silly-gooser ? He was 'before my time' but from what I gather he actually put his money where his mouth was(is). cue: Ol' time MMMV sage.

Yeah, but as far as an honest to goodness release of actual characters of an actual license, that hasn't been done by an individual.

I'm on day twelve of the flu and my memory may be a bit hazy, but TBT may be able to confirm my memories of the SF discussion with Chuck at SDCC. (Not that any of it may still be applicable or even relevant today but here goes).

The real problem with the SF2 line was the volume of SF Minimates manufactured per the orders of the retailers. The first wave production was very large, larger than what they did with something like the new Star Trek wave 1, and the sales did not meet expectations. As many of us on the ground can atest, Toys R Us did a terrible job of getting the SF2 'mates out there for people to find and buy. Also, remember Tower Records and Suncoasts across the country closed. They were a big retailer for these brands of mates.

If SF2 wave 1 was manufactured on a smaller scale like a specialty market wave, it may have been commercially successful. As it turned out, the bomb at the retailer level spilled into the specialty market and the exclusive e-tailers like AFX got burned a bit with massive overstock.

Of all the "dead" lines, I personally think SF2 has the slightest chance to again see the light of day. It really needs a strong showing along with the new video game or movie though. DST invested a sum of money into the pre-production prep and they will exploit any oppurtunity to recoup costs.

The problem is most Comic Book stores show very little interest in the property, they prefer Marvel/DC and Star Trek. In my opinion, you really need a retailer like Game Stop to get on board with selling these at the counter as impulse purchases. I don't think the growing number of Japanese specialty stores have solidified themselves in the retail mall markets yet to provide a profitable enough venue for the product (they are popping up everywhere in SoCal but I don't know but other parts of the US). So if any of you out there know purchasing managers for video game stores, pass the suggestion along!

Hope this puts the issue in perpective a bit. And DST did say they will produce Minimates for anyone bringing cash to the party.

I'm on day twelve of the flu and my memory may be a bit hazy, but TBT may be able to confirm my memories of the SF discussion with Chuck at SDCC. (Not that any of it may still be applicable or even relevant today but here goes).

The real problem with the SF2 line was the volume of SF Minimates manufactured per the orders of the retailers. The first wave production was very large, larger than what they did with something like the new Star Trek wave 1, and the sales did not meet expectations. As many of us on the ground can atest, Toys R Us did a terrible job of getting the SF2 'mates out there for people to find and buy. Also, remember Tower Records and Suncoasts across the country closed. They were a big retailer for these brands of mates.

If SF2 wave 1 was manufactured on a smaller scale like a specialty market wave, it may have been commercially successful. As it turned out, the bomb at the retailer level spilled into the specialty market and the exclusive e-tailers like AFX got burned a bit with massive overstock.

Of all the "dead" lines, I personally think SF2 has the slightest chance to again see the light of day. It really needs a strong showing along with the new video game or movie though. DST invested a sum of money into the pre-production prep and they will exploit any oppurtunity to recoup costs.

The problem is most Comic Book stores show very little interest in the property, they prefer Marvel/DC and Star Trek. In my opinion, you really need a retailer like Game Stop to get on board with selling these at the counter as impulse purchases. I don't think the growing number of Japanese specialty stores have solidified themselves in the retail mall markets yet to provide a profitable enough venue for the product (they are popping up everywhere in SoCal but I don't know but other parts of the US). So if any of you out there know purchasing managers for video game stores, pass the suggestion along!

Hope this puts the issue in perpective a bit. And DST did say they will produce Minimates for anyone bringing cash to the party.

Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma came to my mind after you said that, i had to go out 45 minutes to a Game Crazy at Hollywood Video (which sucks!) to get these guys! Why game crazy? Why not blockbuster? I didnt even know what game crazy was until i found out i had to go to one to get those guys! Even though they're technically "repaints" they were still different characters! That set would of sold much better at a blockbuster, game stop, or even a previews exclusive!

Im not gunna miss LOTR, ghost rider, speed racer, kellogs, or i robot, but i will miss street fighter...

PS: theres at least one of those Japanese specialty stores at every mall i go to!

Jatta,

I love you in a non gay way. Hope is alive. Your words shine brightly in my dark cloud of a good thread I created. So, for Jatta, TBT, SillyGooserTC, Ady, or Shane: If anyone has any more realistic cost info on doing this exclusive 2 pack, before I decide to go to DST, please post it here or shoot me a PM. If the cost was all the way at $15,000. I have the money. I don't need an investor. If anyone else might want to partner with me on this, I am all ears.

P.S. I think it should be called a MMMV exclusive two pack (to expose the site).

WW4M

OK I have stood back and watched this thread go by...I am a huge Street Figher fan but stay out of these threads as to not bring up the disapointment that the line didnt get any further....but WW$M, if you can make this set happen I will buy and buy and buy to show my support...I wanted this line to continue especially to get me a Vega and all the rest!

Jeff fo the Minis