UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ken & Blanka 2 pack

***************MINIMATE LOVERS ALL OVER THE WORLD************

I am formally starting this thread to create a petition for DST. I look at all my lonely RYU minimates, and think, "Where is Ken?". That is like giving us Mario with no Luigi. Salt w/no pepper, etc. (you get the point).

So,

I say give us a Ken (red) & Blanka (green) 2 pack. That is it. I am not even begging for a E.Honda & Dhalsim, just the 2 most popular characters from the game.

POST BELOW IF YOU ARE IN!!!!!!!!!

WW4M

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't see it happening. To do a limited run of blank minimates, you're locked in for a run of 3,000 with a cost of around $6,000 (at least). And that's just for a standard minimate body with a simple logo on the chest, bagged and labeled. You're talking of a mass production of two characters, featuring numerous detail applications, as well as several unique sculpts each, in some sort of standard packaging. I'm no mathematician or economist, but that'll likely run you up to at least $15,000, most likely more. Factor in that we don't even know if AA/DST still hold the Street Fighter license, and the mountain you're hoping to climb gets steeper.

I'd be all for it, and heck, I'd buy several if they did magically appear somewhere. Just don't get your hopes up here guys, because we're obviously the minority when it comes to this set, because there wasn't enough interest in the initial run to warrant going any further.

Dang, we went a whole thirteen days without someone mentioning Street Fighter. Is that a new record?

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I have actually taken my SF minimates off my shelf, since they look so incomplete without the full cast. I might customize the rest someday, but I have no hope of seeing them in stores again.

Dang, we went a whole thirteen days without someone mentioning Street Fighter. Is that a new record?

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I have actually taken my SF minimates off my shelf, since they look so incomplete without the full cast. I might customize the rest someday, but I have no hope of seeing them in stores again.

Yeah, I don't know why this keeps cropping back up. I guess some people have trouble letting go.

That being said, everyone grab a stick:

sticks1.jpg

And let's gather around, as the fun is about to begin:

deadhorse.jpg

I'm defitnitely in, I love Street Fighter, but wouldn't it be better to try and convince an online store like AFX to try and pick these up as an exclusive? I'm pretty sure they have more clout (and money) then us.

They're still trying to unload their last Street Fighter exclusive: the M.Bison/Chun Li set. Granted, a new selection may sell better than a simple repaint, but Target had no problem dropping the "not seen anywhere else" Spider-Man wave due to the performance of the "you probably already got these at the LCS or TRU" New Avengers/Astonishing X-Men wave.

I'd much rather the Dan/Blanka set be released, since I like Dan better then Ken and the Dan/Blanka set made more sense the Ken/Blanka set (see Dan and Blanka are old friends and cannonically have wacky adventures together. Where as Ken and Blanka share no link)

of course at this point I'd take the Ken/Blanka set just to get Blanka...

Yeah, I don't know why this keeps cropping back up. I guess some people have trouble letting go.

That being said, everyone grab a stick:

sticks1.jpg

And let's gather around, as the fun is about to begin:

deadhorse.jpg

If you think we are beating a dead horse, you don't have to read or post in this thread.

WW4M

If you think we are beating a dead horse, you don't have to read or post in this thread.

WW4M

Aren't you Mr Sensitive today? :)

:whistling:;)

T.

Nah, just trying to grow the collection. People "Crushing the dream" or "hating" do not advance the purposes of this thread. I know everyone thinks it is impossible, but here is my view:

- If they can make a wack marty mcfly exclusive 2 pack, then Ken & Blanka should sell much better.

- The reason the SF mates didn't sell, is because 90% of the people did not know who the darkstalkers were.

- The afx Chun Li was a wack repaint, not a real"variant"

- Someone with money, such as myself, is just about stupid enough to sink dollars into this.

- They probably have concept art and possibly prototypes, so new sculpt costs are out.

- We don't need accessories - Have plenty of wack Darkstalkers accessories.

- Packaging art is done.

- Cost wise, this could be done cheap.

- Unless DST says no and never, I can try.

Not crabby, just optimistic!

WW4M

I'd love it to happen. I'd prefer Guile, but I would love this set to come out. I still have to catch up on SF. I only have Blue Ryu and Akuma.