UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ken & Blanka 2 pack

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean this with no offense taken, just an observation.

The last post about SFII was January 25th. I've been wondering for weeks now if we could go an entire month without anyone talking about SFII, but it doesn't seem like it. Like I said, not saying anything, just making an observation.

Remember that character from Street Fighter I? Dead Horsuma? I'm hoping he gets released soon as a minimate! The variant with the zebra striping would be awesome. ;P

Seriously tho, after DC ending too soon this is a close second on my list of toys that just need a few more for the collection to be complete. <sigh> just a shame.

Whoa! Those look awesome! Are we getting new SF2 Minimates?!? Were those at Toyfair or something? Where can I preorder?!?

</running gag>

I would suggest someone starting up a new thread to that effect, with that picture, every couple of months. But. . .the mods might be none too pleased :D

Whoa! Those look awesome! Are we getting new SF2 Minimates?!? Were those at Toyfair or something? Where can I preorder?!?

</running gag>

I would suggest someone starting up a new thread to that effect, with that picture, every couple of months. But. . .the mods might be none too pleased :D

Maybe someone could just put together a little ticker applet that could scroll across the top of every page on the site:

SFII, LOTR, Indiemates, DC -- still dead.

Maybe someone could just put together a little ticker applet that could scroll across the top of every page on the site:

SFII, LOTR, Indiemates, DC -- still dead.

You forgot BSG.

(Like salt in a wound? :P )

There's a lot more to add to that list, though some are more painful than others:

Dead:

• Lord of the Rings
  • Street Fighter II
  • Indiemates
  • Speed Racer
  • Kellogg's (DOA)
  • I, Robot (DOA)
  • DC C3
  • DC Direct
  • Rocky
  • Heroes (DOA)
  • Doctor Who (DOA)

Dying:

• Star Trek
  • Battlestar Galactica

BeatDeadHorse.gif

That picture just seems so bizarrely silly on so many levels. :P

Honestly, I was never sold on Dan being a part of Wave 2. Seeing as he's practically a pink version of Ryu and Ken with a different face & hairpiece, I kinda feel like this was a wasted spot that could've gone to a more visually interesting character, like Cammy or Dhalsim or even Sakura (*gasp* We don't have a schoolgirl minimate!)

Edited by NorthRaider

I wanted to pull out a few of my SF2 Minimates to display on my TV stand to distract me from getting my backside handed to me playing SFIV, but tbh the character selection in wave one was shocking.

They needed more actual SF2 Minimates that people recognised. It went too niche - Darkstalkers just isn't as big, and only hardcore SFers knew who Akuma was.