UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mad Max

anyone ever do any Mad Max customs? I was watching the 1st film today and thought the Mad Max series would be cool. Probably some custom opportunities with Ghost Rider...

Not yet, but I've been thinking about it alot lately. The Mad Max Trilogy is just ripe with minimate possibilities (and would make for some sweet 4+ movie-packs!). I received a LEGO/MegaBlok lot that I bought off ebay just the other day (for dioramas) that had parts of a MB Nascar set that began looking more-and-more like the "lost of the Vee-aights" (Intercepter) the longer I stared at it! ;)

BTW, Blade Runner and now Mad Max (Road Warrior is my personal fav.)? You are totally speak'n my language! Throw-in "Escape From New York", "Flash Gordon", "Conan the Barbarian", etc. and I'm in cult 80's heaven!!

• 7 years later...

No doubt Warner Brothers will use the box office to further justify not letting anyone do anything fun.

Not even Mattel, which is the weird thing. There's a pallet box at Walmart filled with made-up Avengers-themed Hot Wheels and yet a movie with great reviews and a plethora of cool vehicle designs to work with doesn't get jack? All Mattel would have to do is stamp "Adult Collector" on it.

You know, so kids don't superglue spikes to their cars, rig them with flamethrowers, and go racing down the highway. Apparently.

27ycysm.jpg

The last time Mad Max toys were spotted at retail was about 15 years ago from what I can tell. Those were based on The Road Warrior.

I wonder why WBCP has no interest in developing a licensing program for an R-rated movie featuring enslaved women as breeders and bald maniacs who huff silver spray paint. I want my adult collectibles, dammit.

Got my ticket booked for tomorrow night and can't wait!

Also found out my local cinema is getting an IMAX screen in time for Jurassic World, which is huge news. I realize they are 10 a penny in the states, but up until 2 years ago I think we only had 2 in the whole of England.

Got my ticket booked for tomorrow night and can't wait!

Also found out my local cinema is getting an IMAX screen in time for Jurassic World, which is huge news. I realize they are 10 a penny in the states, but up until 2 years ago I think we only had 2 in the whole of England.

Hell yeah dude!

Way I see it there's two must see Imax movies this year: Jurassic World and Star Wars. And you'll get both of them.

Loved, loved, loved this insane, freakish, over-the-top yet awe-inspiring movie. One of the first things I thought after it was over was "I wish there were some Mad Max Minimates!"

I'm trying to come up with custom ideas... obviously characters like Max, Furiosa, and the wives wouldn't be all that complicated. But I can't think of any existing 'Mate pieces similar to Immortan Joe's mask unfortunately.

Edited by squonk

Loved, loved, loved this insane, freakish, over-the-top yet awe-inspiring movie. One of the first things I thought after it was over was "I wish there were some Mad Max Minimates!"

I'm trying to come up with custom ideas... obviously characters like Max, Furiosa, and the wives wouldn't be all that complicated. But I can't think of any existing 'Mate pieces similar to Immortan Joe's mask unfortunately.

You might be able to make something with the face hugger and liberal application of paint and scissors.