UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Blade Runner

I've been putting Bladerunner on Minimate want lists for years.... heck I even did this guy way back in 05...

http://www.geocities.com/thatbloketimbo/Deckard.jpg

Deckard

Roy

Pris

Rachael

Tyrell

Would be my choice for a 5 pack ;)

T.

Me too!! I remember that custom well, it inspired me to work on some customs myself (although I really needed those long-coats from the Ghost Rider moviemates!). Blade Runner is by far my favorite film of all time! I believe that Warner Bros. now owns the rights to the film, so at least now merchandising shouldn't be the impossibility that it was a few years back (still waiting for that "deluxe boxset with original theatrical release" though!). My choices would be:

Deckard/ Roy

Pris/ J.F. Sebastian

Zhora/ Leon

Rachel/ Tyrell

Gaff/ Chew

and "Final showdown" exclusive: Battle-damaged Deckard/ BD Roy (in bike shorts)

If a Spinner were possible, then perhaps rearrange the asst.s and package it with Gaff or Chief O'brien.

That should about cover it! Make it happen DST, the lack of "officially licensed" BR (one of the best sci-fi films ever) merchandise is tragic!

I'm sold. I think DST could get at least two sets out of that property. (They've already done Edward James Olmos once.)

And a Spinner would be nice.

Not to mention that a "modified" Spinner was featured in "Back to the Future II" ('lil bit 'o trivia for ya!). See DST, cross-overs abound!

Blade Runner is my favourite film of all time . I would be extremely happy if DST announced these.

And damn you all for making me think of the possibilities ;)

• 4 years later...

I'd love Blade Runner mates as well. Great movie that deserves some mate love.

Def would buy at least 2 additional Fords for Indy and Han customs. Got a pair of Admiral Kirks pants just waiting to be used for ANH Han :)

As far as movie-mates go, these would have the potential to be a bit more interesting than some others. Deckard has a colorful shirt and big, wacky jacket, Batty has a fancy leather coat, and the doll Pris is very exotic and colorful. Zhora could also make for an interesting Minimate. Clear plastic coat and giant snake, please.

Well, we did get this:

http://www.itcamefromjapan.com/Blade-Runner-Collectors-Box-with-Blu-Ray-and-Spinner-Car-Medicom_p_27.html

and it seems that likeness issues have little to do with Minimates (Eastwood and M.J. Fox have really only had licensed figures via Minimates).

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah, that Spinner is one of a few very rare releases aside from the film itself, but I believe the majority of product produced for Blade Runner has been released overseas. Sideshow has been trying to get the license to make BR product for the last decade, it just hasn't happened. Likeness issues weren't the problem, there was an ongoing lawsuit against Warner Bros. for several years from one of production studios. I'm pretty sure that was all settled last year though, and with the planned Ridley Scott sequel/prequel, it is all up in the air.

I would buy up both Minimates and any Hot Toys product, should they ever manage to get the license.

Well, we did get this:

http://www.itcamefromjapan.com/Blade-Runner-Collectors-Box-with-Blu-Ray-and-Spinner-Car-Medicom_p_27.html

and it seems that likeness issues have little to do with Minimates (Eastwood and M.J. Fox have really only had licensed figures via Minimates).

That Spinner is the Police Spinner, the second version that Medicom have released, the first version was marketed as the Back To The Future 2 Future Car ....apparently it appears in the BTTF2 movie . Each car is superb but the latest has the edge on the plain black original.

Yeah, from my understanding Medi produced the first one intending to release it as a Blade Runner car, but couldn't shore up the license rights, for the reasons YB is referring to. But my thought was that those rights might have become easier to obtain in recent years, as reflected by the release of that car.

• 5 years later...