UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Packaging of 19 and 20

minijeff

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good catch Jeff. I gotta admit, the new packaging has grown on me.

Yea I totally can agree with you on that one man...I wasnt so sure about it when it debuted on the last Target wave but since they changed the layouts every wave it definatly appeals more to me...plus the hook is great for hanging boxes if need be

Jeff of the Minis

I still don't like the packaging, but who cares... I don't keep it anymore, the cardboard is in the garbage as soon as I open it.

So wait, 19 and 20 are coming out simultaneously like 17 and 18 did? is this the new norm? Yikes, it's gonna be expensive...

the double wave shipping has been this way since I started collecting at series 4 and 5

Jeff of the Minis

No, the last wave with the AVengersw characters was only 4 boxes.

I was just coming back to correct myself on that....up untill the X3 and the Avengers waves the marvel minis always shipped two waves at a time....in fact when it was originally solicited the Ghost Rider movie wave and the Avengers wave were supposed to ship together.....but yea normally the marvel ones always ship 2 waves at once which is why I think they went with 2 waves for the Spiderman 3 ones because they would come out at the same time

Jeff of the Minis

I was just coming back to correct myself on that....up untill the X3 and the Avengers waves the marvel minis always shipped two waves at a time....in fact when it was originally solicited the Ghost Rider movie wave and the Avengers wave were supposed to ship together.....but yea normally the marvel ones always ship 2 waves at once which is why I think they went with 2 waves for the Spiderman 3 ones because they would come out at the same time

Jeff of the Minis

They used to ship 2 waves at around the same time, pre-X3, but isn't Spiderman 3 the first time they've been released on the same day? Like I remember my LCS getting in the Astonishing X-Men wave on a different week than the New Avengers one... **just checked Minimate Database which says they were about a month apart, if they've got the dates right.

I can't wait to get the SM3 mates, but buying 8 boxes at once will sure fill up a shopping bag :)

Jeff of the Minis

They used to ship 2 waves at around the same time, pre-X3, but isn't Spiderman 3 the first time they've been released on the same day? Like I remember my LCS getting in the Astonishing X-Men wave on a different week than the New Avengers one... **just checked Minimate Database which says they were about a month apart, if they've got the dates right.

I can't wait to get the SM3 mates, but buying 8 boxes at once will sure fill up a shopping bag :)

Sometimes that can be a random glitch in the system....my LCS got them both in at the same time although it was a week later then normal releases....but generally up untill then they were shipping close if not right together....definatly were always advertised 2 waves at a time

Jeff of the Minis

Sometimes that can be a random glitch in the system....my LCS got them both in at the same time although it was a week later then normal releases....but generally up untill then they were shipping close if not right together....definatly were always advertised 2 waves at a time

Jeff of the Minis

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, close but not right together... I was agreeing with you that they were released as "double" waves (I think they even showed both waves on the back of the all the old boxes, didn't they?), just not that they shipped on the exact same day (until Spiderman 3).

Minimate Database has all the double waves from 4/5 onward shipping anywhere from within a week to a month of each other, but I think those must be DST's proposed release dates since the site lists Astonishing/New Avengers as coming out Oct 6/Nov 1 2006, whereas a quick dig through Diamond's shipping archive has them released Oct 25/Nov 8...

Not trying to be argumentative by looking this all up, just genuinely curious, and my memory by itself is nothing to go by :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...