UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Q & A #5 Answers Discussion thread

Shanester

I always thought that a Capt Britain/Psylocke two pack would be a great exclusive.

T.

I would love to get the original, purple haired Psylocke. But I don't see that ever happening in any toy line.

Looks like we're never going to see an official Cap Britain. :(

Did I miss something? Even if that's true do not tell me that that's true :verymad:

Please tell me what I've missed ? :sad:

I've been through the answers page twice and can't see any sign of Mine, Titan's, or anyone else's mention of Cap B barring TM2's query regarding the Marvel UK licence.

To me that suggests that DST are pissed off being asked about a Cap minimate and are essentially refusing to answer it. Of course they have the right not to answer. All the same I'm a bit down in the dumps about it. :(

Looks like we're never going to see an official Cap Britain. :(

Did I miss something? Even if that's true do not tell me that that's true :verymad:

Please tell me what I've missed ? :sad:

I've been through the answers page twice and can't see any sign of Mine, Titan's, or anyone else's mention of Cap B barring TM2's query regarding the Marvel UK licence.

To me that suggests that DST are pissed off being asked about a Cap minimate and are essentially refusing to answer it. Of course they have the right not to answer. All the same I'm a bit down in the dumps about it. :(

Chin up old boy! No news is good news :unsure:

Blanks...bring 'em out!

ST...bring it out!

Everything mentioned...BRING IT OUT!!!!

DST...we want it, you make it. JUST GIVE US EXACT RELEASE DATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That Kubrick set above is ridiculous!

I like the red white and blue mate idea, priceless.

It seems some retailers also received a evenly packed 3,3,3,3 custom assortment where the variant is not shortpacked. Was this even assortment requested by the retailers or was it a special offer given to valued DST clients? Will this assortment be offered for future BSG and Trek series? Will this assortment be used for other Minimates lines, Marvel in particular?

DSTChuck: I don't know anything about that...maybe they made up their own mixes??

I was the pedant that asked about the case breakdowns. Since Chuck didn't know about these I'm hoping some of the more prolific buyers around here can shed some light on this. :)

I purchased three sets of both BSG 3 and Trek 2 and here are the cases I received:

bsg3sm.jpg

st2sm.jpg

(BSG Closeup) (Trek Closeup)

To me they look to be "DST sealed" with a single layer of packing tape. Inside, each set of four 2-packs were in their own bag with the usual tissue paper separating the individual packs.

I'm wondering if anyone else has received a different case and how many of the variant packs were inside. My local FYE recently put out a case of Trek with only one Swashbuckling Sulu (no outer case to be found though :(), so I know that particular breakdown is out there. I'm just wondering if AFX and BBTS got special assortments. Nevertheless, I hope these 'custom' assortments continue. :)

Anyone else buy a case?

(Pantone note: It's too bad those Woverine/Iceman Target packs never showed up in bulk near me.)

I can't add much to what you've posted but I also have cases, just like yours, from AFX.

Unless I misread, they have access to ALL the Marvel stuff, including the UK.

That's how I read it. Then Rad posted his comment,so I read through the whole lot again :huh: So I'm thinking 'what does Rad know that I don't?

Personally, I'm stoked about the information given to us. I imagine that the missing Captain Britain questions were more based on the "stop asking us when so-and-so becomes a minimate" as opposed to something against him personally.

As far as variant sized blanks, I don't see it happening. Traditionally, DST has shied away from selling blanks, with the standard market for such things being given away rather than sold. That being said, tooling new sized figures just to give away as blanks is unlikely due to the lack of cost effectiveness. And since only one of the eight or so lines in production even use something outside the 2" scale, the tooling of larger figures can't very well have the cost shared. Arguably, the 2.5" and 3" scale could be brought back, but we've never seen a 2.5" blank, and the 3" scale hasn't been used since the early days of minimates, minus one appearance in the LotR line. Arguably, the 8" Spider-man mold could be used to fashion an 8" blank, but the level of sculpted detail given to the figure would most likely require a whole new mold anyway. The selling of 2" blanks, on the other hand, wouldn't be impossible. It would just most likely happen outside of DST and require someone to commission a run of blanks. With the prices I've been quoted in the past, we could get a run of 3000 blanks produced at somewhere around $2 a figure, with the money being needed up front. That means either the approximate 300 members of the board would have to give at least $20 to a fund and in return receive approximately 10 blanks in return. But, since a good half of our membership would have no use for more than perhaps one blank for completist sake, those who would be interested in a small stock of them would have to pay a larger percentage to ensure a larger return. And when you start to factor in packaging and shipping costs, not to mention the fact that we'd need the whole amount a good 3 or 4 months before we even saw the blanks, the math gets too complicated for most people to invest in.

The thing that alarmed me about this Q&A, or rather the responses to it, is the amount of violence towards minimate puppies and kittens that members have offered in exchange for their demands being met.

The thing that alarmed me about this Q&A, or rather the responses to it, is the amount of violence towards minimate puppies and kittens that members have offered in exchange for their demands being met.

Let me just state that any violence against Minimate animals mentioned in my posts are merely hyperbole. My statements are meant to express my tremendous excitement for the possibility of rainbow-colored blanks. They are not meant to be taken seriously, and I regret misleading anyone who took them as such, or thought that I was advocating violence against Minimate animals as a way of coercing the creation of Minimates that I want. I would not hurt a Minimate animal for the sake of a toy, and do not condone the actions of people who do.

Except for Minimate bears. Minimate bears are a dangerous menace and need to be put down like the filthy killer animals that they are. I'd beat a Minimate bear to death with a golf club for nothing but personal gratification.