UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Q & A #5 Answers Discussion thread

Shanester

Chuck was very adamant at SDCC 2007, that it wasn't dead (although was dieing) and the only likely savior was more pre-orders.

Personally, I'm glad they are exploring bringing back the blanks.

Hmm... interesting answer to the Havoc and Hawkeye hairpiece question. The asker phrased it assuming they would have removable masks instead of sculpted heads, and Chuck didn't outright deny that assertion. But, he didn't confirm it, either. Just kind of a "we'll see" answer...

The tools must already be done, and the figures in production at this point. Just telling us, "yeah, they all have sculpted heads, sorry" probably wouldn't prevent anyone from buying them. It would just be nice to know...

I'm also intrigued in Diamond bring back the blanks, especially if they make them clear.

What I'd love is DST makes colored transparent blanks next year - red, orange yellow, green, blue and purple. I'd kick a Minimate puppy for a set of rainbow translucent Minimates.

Thanks for the feedback, DST.

I'm also intrigued in Diamond bring back the blanks, especially if they make them clear.

What I'd love is DST makes colored transparent blanks next year - red, orange yellow, green, blue and purple. I'd kick a Minimate puppy for a set of rainbow translucent Minimates.

Thanks for the feedback, DST.

I'm right there with you Boyd. We need to start petitioning for this NOW.

Yeah, sign me up for a set of those too! Either transparent or solid. I'm not fussy

Ohmanohmanohmanohman!!! What if they do a clear Red White(ish) and Blue Minimate!!! I would totally flip out. Whatever con they're at over July 4th weekend, pass out Flag Mates. Oh I would have a cow. Literally, right them and there. And American flag tempo'd MM would be just as awesome. Hell, Union Jack too. They could have a whole series of Flag Mates!

Anyways, 2 interesting notes. SF is "officially" dead. As dead as anything gets in the business world. Shame. 2nd, BUY CLINT EASTWOOD MINIMATES!!! IN EXCESS!!!

Thanks Chuck for taking the time and for being more forthright in your answers than usual. Great news for BSG, although I'm a bit confused by his statement about the difficulty of costing-out something like a Viper when the latest E-Spectrum hinted otherwise. I'm thrilled about the prospect of more "Dollar Trilogy" 'mates and to hear that the 30-gallon hats are being addressed. I hope these sell well and we get the other two produced ( I, for one, will be doing my part in buying multiples!) . Interesting news about the Ghost Rider moviemates, but I feel this info. might haved served us better a few months ago. Most of us (and retailers as well) had written these off as canceled. I'm not sure if the numbers would have been enough to warrant production, but I think had we known that they were still accepting pre-orders that we could have done a bit more to stimulate interest/orders. That is to say, someone that may have been "on-the-fence" about these (myself included!) is less likely to even try to pre-order these when all of the news surrounding this wave says that it is cancelled. Since reading this, I have finally put in a pre-order for these (for what it's worth). I guess we'll see what develops; there's some great accessories in this wave even if you have no interest in the movie itself.

And "yes", clear mini-blanks would be awesome (but a bit costly from what I understand)!!

Although im glad to hear about the Blanks or possibility of them any way (yeah i asked that question) my question got kind of neurtered (why?), i wanted to know also about the possibility of blanks in other/new sizes 2.5" 3" and a new larger size say 6" or 8" that we could use to make customs of larger characters that DST can't (Marvel) or won't make.

I'd love to be able to make a real Giantman or Goliath. i guess ill have to ask again when round 6 starts up. :(

God, no! The Year of Wizard World Blanks was far too stressful for me. :P

Actually Cappy, I'm hoping for something like this:

pantonekubricks.jpg

Although, that's probably way too much to hope for.

I've been looking for one of those at a reasonable price for yrs. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't pick one up that I saw for $85 way back when I started collecting... Let's face it Kubrick has some damn cool ideas and sets.

T.

my question got kind of neurtered (why?)

To be honest, you get the answers (and questions) back the same way I do. When submitting, I don't chop up any questions unless they break the rules (and even then its rare).

I would think a Captain Britain/classic Kitty Pryde pack (with Lockheed) would sell very well. It could be released in an X-Men spin-off wave (with X-Factor (classic Beast/Multiple Man. . .though maybe they could release 2 Multiple Men together in a single pack!), X-Force (the Milligan/Allred team!), New Mutants (Sunspot, Cannonball, Warlock, Deadpool), and Excalibur figures). . .I can dream, can't I?

Actually Cappy, I'm hoping for something like this:

pantonekubricks.jpg

Although, that's probably way too much to hope for.

I've been looking for one of those at a reasonable price for yrs. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't pick one up that I saw for $85 way back when I started collecting... Let's face it Kubrick has some damn cool ideas and sets.

T.

Oh, wish I would have know you were looking for this, saw one for $90 when I was in Japan...