UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin

MinimateEspo25

My girlfriend was lucky and kind enough to find a Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin and a 24 exclusive pack for me yesterday at a Sam Goody. There she had a funny conversation with the clerk at the checkout counter...

clerk -"Wow these are cool! Who are you getting them for?"

girlfriend -"My boyfriend. He has about 200 of them."

clerk -"Does he keep them all in the packages?"

girlfriend -"No he has them all up on a shelf fighting each other." <_<

clerk - :blink:

that exchange happens everything someone asks my gf about my collection, lol

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I got to get my girlfriend to do that for me. She says that her reason for not buying me toys is that I just have them displayed. :P . She just doesn't understand. I still buy them though. And every now and then I give her the old puppy dog eyes trick and she caves. LOL. I love her.

And say, would any of you who have scored a pack please post the SKU in this thread? That info makes it easier to pester the local stores.

Not sure which number is what, so here's the whole tag:

GobbyTag.jpg

Very handy. Any chance you have the tag for the 24 2-pack as well?

So I would love to call local FYEs and give them to SKU number to look up but I have absolutely no idea which number that is, can anyone please help me!?!?! Thanks!

Here are a couple of quick pics--they're a little pixelated, as I had to zoom in to avoid getting a glare from the flash:

(Note: mine had his torso on backwards in the package. He also comes with a piece of webbing. As a side commentary, I actually don't really like this character or figure very much, I bought it to get the Hobgoblin, but its cool to get another obscure variant Minimate, nonetheless.)

P1010183.jpg

P1010184.jpg

P1010185.jpg

P1010186.jpg

I don't like his chances here--the "new" Sinister Six and a whole gaggle of Joes vs. a Spidey wanna-be up against a very steep cliff:

P1010181.jpg

I should soon have my set, and after seeing some pictures, and really excited.

Question, though; does Hobgoblin's pumpkin bomb bag thing fit over top of or under his cape, or is it just useless?

He's wearing it in my picture above, though it doesn't fit as seamlessly as you might hope.

no, i'm in jersey and we had them, but the distribution is really spotty. i have 2 fyes and a suncoast in my mall and only one of them got the mates

Where in NJ are you? I'm in central NJ so anywhere in the state is striking distance for me. What store did you find them in?

the willowbrook mall on rt. 46 the second floor fye next to the t-mobile store and bath and bodyworks. that was friday though, so i don't know if they are sold out by now

Awesome! I work in Wayne 5 mins from there!

o wow, thats not far at all, let me know if you find more, my sister's bf wants one now

FYE had about five Scarlet/Hobby packs on the pegs after I took one. They also had about three of the 24 2-pack. Suncoast had a ton of Minimates including about 5 Cylon 5-packs. I thought those were suppose to be rare...

So I called the FYE in nashua Nh at the Peasant Lane Mall and gave them the SKU # and they said they had 2 in stock. So i went and they actually had like 8 in stock. So if anyone lives around here they now have 7 in stock because I bought one. I would love you help you guys out but because of the holidays I dont have extra money to buy more. But yeah for those in the Nashua area the FYE in the peasant lane mall.

Ah man this set is sick!! I'll be getting for Christmas!! Though I think that one that custom Scarlet Spiderman I don't remember who made it but I know it was a well known minimate custom and sold for $20+ on ebay was better than this one in the set, though I still love this set.

I've just gotta say well done, and give kudos to all you guys who are picking these up so that your fellow fans don't miss out. If we had an 'applause' emoticon I'd be putting it in here cos you all deserve a round of it. Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

The FYE in Fox Valley Mall in Aurora doesn't carry toys, though I've bought Simpsons movie & Harry Potter 5 figures there.

The FYE in Stratford Square Mall in Bloomingdale only has a smattering of BSG 'mates. I snagged the girl figure in the latest "Adventures of Spawn", though, so it wasn't a complete wasted trip.

Woodfield's a little far for me, and I can't afford to drive out there on a "maybe they'll have them"...

Can someone help me? Scarlet's the first minimate custom I ever designed (but never got around to making), and to see it a reality is just mindblowing...

I decided to call my nearest mall which has 1 store each of FYE and SUNCOAST

Suncoast only had the zombie pack

but FYE had 1 Hobby/Scarlet pack! Theyre holding it for a fam member to pick up who is in the mall as I type this lol

At first she was like no and then said oh wait here is one ill put it under the desk

They really dont know what there doing at these shops do they?

Hi all,

I don't have a FYE that carries the Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin pack. Would anyone be able to sell me 1-2 of them? I'd like 2 (one set for display/posing and the other for collecting :P ), but would be more than happy with just 1. I live in the California Bay Area if that make a difference for shipping. If you can help, a reply on this thread or a PM would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys!