UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin

MinimateEspo25

Rad, have even the Suncoast/FYE exclusives made it into Previews? I was thinking that's the one source that doesn't trickle into the LCS system. Feel free to correct me.

Can't swear on it Cappy, but DST know their onions by now. If this specific pack doesn't get into previews then I'm sure the characters will turn up somehow.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't swear on it Cappy, but DST know their onions by now. If this specific pack doesn't get into previews then I'm sure the characters will turn up somehow.

"Know their onions." I like that phrase, and will try to start using it.

At any rate, I would not bet on these coming to Previews. Sure, they might, but that's far from guaranteed. I'll probably snap up these (and the 24 pack) on eBay, since the FYEs around here aren't carrying them. If it eventually comes out through Previews, then that's great, but it's worth a few extra bucks to make sure that I have them.

no, i'm in jersey and we had them, but the distribution is really spotty. i have 2 fyes and a suncoast in my mall and only one of them got the mates

Where in NJ are you? I'm in central NJ so anywhere in the state is striking distance for me. What store did you find them in?

If anyone still wants to trade I only need the X-3 Jean Grey variant and the Avengers 2 dvd Cap.

BTW I live in Chicago and they had 4 packs in both FYE's (which aren't even a mile apart from one another) I might check another FYE which is about 3 miles from my house tomorrow and see if they have any.

no, i'm in jersey and we had them, but the distribution is really spotty. i have 2 fyes and a suncoast in my mall and only one of them got the mates

Where in NJ are you? I'm in central NJ so anywhere in the state is striking distance for me. What store did you find them in?

the willowbrook mall on rt. 46 the second floor fye next to the t-mobile store and bath and bodyworks. that was friday though, so i don't know if they are sold out by now

the willowbrook mall on rt. 46 the second floor fye next to the t-mobile store and bath and bodyworks. that was friday though, so i don't know if they are sold out by now

Awesome! I work in Wayne 5 mins from there!

Awesome! I work in Wayne 5 mins from there!

o wow, thats not far at all, let me know if you find more, my sister's bf wants one now

If anyone still wants to trade I only need the X-3 Jean Grey variant and the Avengers 2 dvd Cap.

BTW I live in Chicago and they had 4 packs in both FYE's (which aren't even a mile apart from one another) I might check another FYE which is about 3 miles from my house tomorrow and see if they have any.

There are FYE's in Chicago?! :blink: Where?

And say, would any of you who have scored a pack please post the SKU in this thread? That info makes it easier to pester the local stores.

Not sure which number is what, so here's the whole tag:

GobbyTag.jpg

Thank you, sir! We'll see if this helps the quest...

Yeah, no kidding...

After I hit the comic books store to get the Spider-Man Moviemates (and I got the variants! Woohoo!) I went hunting for these two...

There's one at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, that's the only one I know about. I checked it today at about 11 am, and they had zombie packs, the 24 exclusive, lots of misc Star Trek, DC & Battlestar Galactica, but nada as far as Hobgoblin and Scarlet Spider.

Of course... Smackman said he's in Chicago, and he also said he cleaned out at least two malls of every one they had... and being that woodfield is the biggest, most well-known mall in the Semi-Chicagoland area... maybe he's to blame for my misfortune. *Glares Menacingly*

I just stopped by the only Suncoast near me, and they had one pack left. I asked the manager if he had any more, but he said they only got four packs total. I wish I could have found more for others on the board, but at least now I don't have to beg for any. :)

I just stopped by the only Suncoast near me, and they had one pack left. I asked the manager if he had any more, but he said they only got four packs total. I wish I could have found more for others on the board, but at least now I don't have to beg for any. :)

Exact same thing at my fye... i git the last one....

Yeah, no kidding...

After I hit the comic books store to get the Spider-Man Moviemates (and I got the variants! Woohoo!) I went hunting for these two...

There's one at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, that's the only one I know about. I checked it today at about 11 am, and they had zombie packs, the 24 exclusive, lots of misc Star Trek, DC & Battlestar Galactica, but nada as far as Hobgoblin and Scarlet Spider.

Of course... Smackman said he's in Chicago, and he also said he cleaned out at least two malls of every one they had... and being that woodfield is the biggest, most well-known mall in the Semi-Chicagoland area... maybe he's to blame for my misfortune. *Glares Menacingly*

Woodfield is a little too far for me. I went to the FYE in Chicago Ridge mall and the one just a block away from it on 95th and Ridgeland.

Also, thanks to you guys I only need one more minimate to complete my collection. If anyone has the X3 Jean Grey variant to trade, I have a fresh brand spankin new hobgoblin/scarlet spider 2 pack for trade. ;)

Yeah, so after calling 9 different stores I found an FYE near me today that has these. I was told that they have 6 packs in stock and I didn't bother to have them hold me any because I was told they hadn't sold any at all since they have been in. So with much glee, I drove there after work... to find nothing. The employees were clueless as to what I was talking about and when I told them I called earlier and was told they had them, they said "are you sure you called this store?" After looking around about 4 times, I left in dissapointment to try the one across the street, yes there is one in the mall and another across the street. The 2nd store had about 4 action figures in the entire place, none of which were mates. I asked the guy working there and he had no idea what I was talking about either, but he was willing to help. He called 3 stores, including the one in the mall across the street, but of course they didn't have them. I am hoping that by some miracle, I will call the store in the mall again tomorrow afternoon and get the same person I spoke to today that said they had them... but I'm not holding my breath. I am soooooo frustrated right now... If anyone has an extra pack they can spare for cost + shipping, please PM me. If it turns out that I can find some at the clueless mall, I will be willing to hook people up too.

BS

I'm still on the hunt for these too. When I do find any, I will pick em up for you guys though =) That UPC code is helping a lot, a few stores said they are expecting some next week after they looked it up on the computer =) *crosses fingers*

Are-Jay

I caved and got one on eBay... I'm sure they will turn up somewhere else for better prices eventually, but my whiny/impatient/instant-gratification-loving toy collector side won out :)

Anyway, good luck everyone with finding them. I can't believe some of you guys are in the U.S., with these stores nearby, and having so much trouble... that blows.

My girlfriend was lucky and kind enough to find a Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin and a 24 exclusive pack for me yesterday at a Sam Goody. There she had a funny conversation with the clerk at the checkout counter...

clerk -"Wow these are cool! Who are you getting them for?"

girlfriend -"My boyfriend. He has about 200 of them."

clerk -"Does he keep them all in the packages?"

girlfriend -"No he has them all up on a shelf fighting each other." <_<

clerk - :blink:

OK, so I called the FYE at the mall again... and they have them, came in this morning. I have them holding 4 packs and my wife will be stopping there tonight. I gave them the SKU from the barcode so graciously provided by drgnrbrn. PM me if you want a pack, but I will need the $ via paypal asap... money is quite tight this time o year. If I get more than 3 PMs I will have her see if they have any more.

BS