UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin

MinimateEspo25

Is nobody Else checking sam goody? They are owned by FYE too and didnt use to sell toys, but they apperently started carrying toys after suncoast got closed. they had 4 at my sam goody, and I got one of them. they kept it around because it made more money than suncoast and probably FYE, cause I dont have one of those either. So look em up and see if there is still one near you.

Is nobody Else checking sam goody? They are owned by FYE too and didnt use to sell toys, but they apperently started carrying toys after suncoast got closed. they had 4 at my sam goody, and I got one of them. they kept it around because it made more money than suncoast and probably FYE, cause I dont have one of those either. So look em up and see if there is still one near you.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, well one's already up on eBay for like $30... that's what, a 300% profit? :blink:

turns out I lied, took a closer look and it's $27 or best offer... I've bought from him before and he's a good seller too, I just haven't quite talked myself into the crazy price mark-up that always comes with eBay... there's another one up now from a different seller for $23...

I have an FYE a couple of buildings down from where I work and they get minimates in but they still don't have this. My Brother in law works there and he is checking into it for me but as long as they get them in I will pick up a bunch and will be willing to sell of trade.

I picked up a set today(12/17). I only had enough $$ to get one set. I get paid Fri. so I'll try to pick up the other sets Sat. I'll post when I have them, so whoever needs one can PM me. My FYE doesn't carry minimates, the Saturday Matinee(basically a Suncoast) carries them.(DC, BSG, Mar. Zombies, ST) So Saturday Matinee, FYE, Sam Goody, and Suncoast vary on these.

I've checked a Sam Goody. Which had a fairly broad selection of toys, actually, but no MiniMates of any flavor. :( My quest continues...

and I am jealous of the quest....the closest I get to the thrill of running around hunting for toys anymore is for my sons CARS cars....all my toys are either pre-ordered, ebayed or gotta through friends on here....I mean is still some fun in the unknown time frame of getting stuff like these FYE sets but nothing compares to the physical hunting of it lol

Jeff of the Minis

Well I checked my local FYE and they had a ton of DC mates, Spider man 5 pack and speed racer mates...so no luck for me :( Btw, I live in NH. So maybe that means there not on the east coast yet??

Can someone (anyone) explain why this Suncoast FYE crowd got this 'exclusive'. I know all about bad jokes & a fair bit about marketing . As far as marketing goes this is a bad joke.

Diamond offered an exclusive 2-pack to any and all interested retailers, Suncoast/FYE was the retailer who agreed to cough up the money for it.

Pretty much all the recent 2-pack exclusives have been developed by Diamond and then shopped around to various retailers to see if anybody is interested in carrying them. Some have found homes like this one, others find a home in Previews, and others such as BGC exclusive 2-packs didn't get any bites and were rolled into Series 4.

I've checked a Sam Goody. Which had a fairly broad selection of toys, actually, but no MiniMates of any flavor. :( My quest continues...

and I am jealous of the quest....the closest I get to the thrill of running around hunting for toys anymore is for my sons CARS cars....all my toys are either pre-ordered, ebayed or gotta through friends on here....I mean is still some fun in the unknown time frame of getting stuff like these FYE sets but nothing compares to the physical hunting of it lol

Jeff of the Minis

Tell you what. You can have my "experience". All hunting does is waste gas and time and cause frustration. If that gives you a rise, you're more than welcome to it. Nothing makes me more satisfied, happy, giddy even, than walking into the first store I stop at, and finding everything I wanted. It's happened more than once. Just not often enough. Life is too short to be looking for something and not finding it.

I know Raleigh has them, so it's not a East Coast/West Coast thing. They're just hard to filter down everywhere. If your store has carried minimates in the past (especially Marvel ones) then just be patient, as I'm sure they'll trickle in. If they haven't, then you can always inform them. I recommend bringing in a picture or some numbers to give them an idea of what you mean.

But, as the illustrious Rad has said before, these things don't remain exclusive forever. Either Previews will get them, or an e-tailer such as Stuckakid will get them. It has happened in the past and will likely follow the same pattern. Worst case scenario, you hunt them on eBay or rely on a member of the board, the latter of which will likely net you better, cheaper results.

Rad, have even the Suncoast/FYE exclusives made it into Previews? I was thinking that's the one source that doesn't trickle into the LCS system. Feel free to correct me.

And say, would any of you who have scored a pack please post the SKU in this thread? That info makes it easier to pester the local stores.

Rad, have even the Suncoast/FYE exclusives made it into Previews? I was thinking that's the one source that doesn't trickle into the LCS system. Feel free to correct me.

And say, would any of you who have scored a pack please post the SKU in this thread? That info makes it easier to pester the local stores.

I know what your saying here cappy..I dont think any of the store specifc exclusives make it to previews...the afx ones do but ones like the Evil Ryu/Shin Akuma ones never were offered through previews...I would like to see the Suncoast ones go that way, it would be nice to get the cylon 5 pack in previews but I am not holding out much hope in that happening.

Jeff of the Minis