UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin

MinimateEspo25

No luck at my FYE today, on this or the 24 day two set.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how these things are distributed to FYE stores? Are they sent to all the stores by corporate, or is it manager's discretion on whether to order them? Or, asked another way, if the manager gave me a blank stare when I said "Minimates," is there any chance in hell I'll see these locally?...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone can snag an extra one for me it would be greatly appreciated. My fye near me still hasn't gotten them in and am willing to pay early for one to a trustworth person. I HAVE to get this two pack. I am one of the biggest spiderman fans of all time and I LOVE Scarlet Spider. LOL. But I bet everyone says that. :>) Pm me.

When I got my SS out of the package originally the chest was backwards. :pinch:

weird, so was mine.

so get this, i got to me suncoast today and they didn't have them, and they are having a going out of business sale. but i did see the speed racer mate for $4 so i got him (score another mate) then i go to the fye 2 stores down. sets there, and i pick it up. i forgot to get someones present at that fye, so i go to the one downstairs (this is a mall, btw) no SS/HG set, but they are also having a going out of business sale, and there i got the cyclon 5 pack for $10 (score, more mates). so it looks like i may be in the same boat as others down the road with fye exclusives.

then i get home and i have DC wave 6, Defenders, Web Armor Spidey, and SF Lilith variant all waiting at home.

is that too much 'mates for one day? :biggrin:

weird, so was mine.

so get this, i got to me suncoast today and they didn't have them, and they are having a going out of business sale. but i did see the speed racer mate for $4 so i got him (score another mate) then i go to the fye 2 stores down. sets there, and i pick it up. i forgot to get someones present at that fye, so i go to the one downstairs (this is a mall, btw) no SS/HG set, but they are also having a going out of business sale, and there i got the cyclon 5 pack for $10 (score, more mates). so it looks like i may be in the same boat as others down the road with fye exclusives.

then i get home and i have DC wave 6, Defenders, Web Armor Spidey, and SF Lilith variant all waiting at home.

I truely believe that there is no such thing as too much mates in a day....honest and truely....at the start of the year I had a day where I got a case of marvel mates and 2 cases of the single pack cylons plus some other 2-packs of minimates in one shot...it was a glorious minimate day for sure :) and back on topic..I wonder if this backwards chest is a common error?

Jeff of the Minis

weird, so was mine.

Just out of curiosity which mall in NJ did you check it might save me some time..

Thanks

looks like it may be, its weird, i was looking at it, and something didn't seem right, then when i turned him around to look at the hood detail, it was there, and i was like, o its on backward

Yep, mine too. Though it would have been nice if SS had some actual wrist bands, these are pretty nice. I nearly missed these as they were not with the toys, but rather near the card games by the register. I picked-up these (2), the "24" Jack and Nina excl., and the variant Gina/ Baltar (someone hid it behind some fig.s on the floor! hee-hee). It was a pretty good day (plus the announcement of BSG Classic).

I HAVE to get this two pack. I am one of the biggest spiderman fans of all time and I LOVE Scarlet Spider. LOL. But I bet everyone says that. :>) Pm me.

Same here. My contact says he couldn't get it as it hasn't featured in a preview mag, so can someone recommend who I should speak to and/or contact me about how I can go about getting one.

If anyone could hook me up with one two pack...I would be forever in your debt. I have a paypal account and cash! Someone just message me and we can talk! Thank you to whoever even considers it :)

If someone's helping others out, I'm in (to get help, or offer it, should I be able).

I checked FYE last week, but nothing. I'll check again tonight, but I'm not hopeful. Only two near me, and only one carries figures. And, that one, they're as stupid as one should expect a retail employee to be (was I the only one who knew something about what he worked with? no matter the retail store?). <_<

Hello- This is my first time posting. I have been looking all over for this two pack in San Diego.

I would love for somebody to buy for me and ship it over. I can pay upfront first.

Thanks!

I can see another up there for $13. I'd probably go for it if it had the "Buy Now" option.

yeah I saw that one too but it's already got like 6 bids on it, and 6 days left to go! jeez...

hopefully as more eBay dealers raid their local stores and put the sets up the prices will lower across the board...

I just drove over an hour both ways, in a snow storm to get to the nearest FYE store. I asked them if they carried minimates and they tried to sell me some Halo miniatures; like they are even close! Grrrr. They wouldn't even look to see if they could order them. I hate that this exclusive is available at a store conglomerate that has closed, at least within 100 miles of me, 70 percent of their stores.

So, yeah. If anyone is willing to buy up a bunch, I would appreciate one too.

I called all the stores nearby me, to which most of them didnt know what minimates were lol I finally found a Suncoast store that had four in stock but said said that another employee was going to be purchasing them but to call back in a week! Ahhhh so messed up! The search continues... dun dun dunnnnn haha

I finally found a Suncoast store that had four in stock but said said that another employee was going to be purchasing them but to call back in a week!

nice, the rare "we're keeping them all for ourselves" style of customer service... you'd think a store wouldn't want its employees hoarding exclusives, presumably to resell. unless that was a board member working there and snapping them up for us, in which case I'm all for it!

I finally found a Suncoast store that had four in stock but said said that another employee was going to be purchasing them but to call back in a week!

nice, the rare "we're keeping them all for ourselves" style of customer service... you'd think a store wouldn't want its employees hoarding exclusives, presumably to resell. unless that was a board member working there and snapping them up for us, in which case I'm all for it!

I would think we would have a better chance of DST saying that everyone who has thus far posted in this thread gets one free set of these guys. :thumbsup:

i called the only FYE near me and asked and the guy on the phone said "um,about two weeks ago we got some spiderman thingies,um,for like when the movie came out,but,um,they were on clearence and,um,we sold the last one two days ago.but,yeah,they were like these little spiderman figure thingies" and this was after giving a more than accurate description of what i was asking for.so i guess my best bet is to just go all the way there and look for myself :lol: but i'm not very hopeful since that store has never received any type of minimate.

Okay, heads up people! I checked 2 FYEs today. No dice. But I talked to the district manager, and she said they are closing down SEVERAL HUNDRED FYEs and almost ALL of the Suncoasts nation wide! They're cutting the number of FYEs in Houston well over half and killing the remaining Sun Coasts and Sam Goodys in Houston totally.

This means 2 things.

1) Finding a store is about to become a LOT harder.

2) If your store is closing, they are either going to clearance their stuff or just ship it out to another store.

Just FYI on your local FYEs :P