UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

E-Spectrum No. 56

The more I think about this (and I've been thinking about it way too much), I'm sure it's going to be a "Trials and Tribble-ations" box set. They're 24th century, but not TNG, and invaded TOS. Easy re-use of parts. A nice selection of characters for a closed set. DST took this route with the 7" figures. And we all have a right to a fair trial.

And I'm excited about it. If it gets us a Rand uniform, more red shirts and maybe, just maybe, a second season Kirk.

Although now I'm starting to think Mirror Universe makes sense too... dammit, man!

I think that a Captain set would be the "fairest" of any set they could do. If that isn't the case though I would hope for an alien pack and I would have to go with

Romulan

Klingon

Borg

Cardassian

Ferengi

I hope they don't do an episode specific pack because we already have the bridge crew and it would be so much better to get "new" characters as the quote states instead of variations of characters we already got.

I'm thinking Mirror, Mirror.

Very, very fair = Fairest of them all (what the mirror shows)

Ding-ding, I think we have a winner! While I initially thought that the boxsets would be reserved for "moviemates", this episode set seems highly probable. Variants on nearly all the main cast in one set= sure seller. Keen deduction Mav-man!

Yeah, when I got my Spectrum and read that, the first thing I thought of was a Mirror, Mirror set. It's ideal for the box set version, and considering they went with "Bread and Circuses" over "Mirror, Mirror" for the regular wave makes it seem more likely. It's a popular episode, it would be variants on main cast members, and it fits the box set format perfectly. Fingers crossed!

I hope not - I'd really like to see something different, or at least a little originality. The AA ST 8" figures started with a couple of waves to get the original crew completed, then jumped right to Mirror-Mirror.

I think it is pretty obvious it is going to be from Mirror Mirror...the "fairest" hint is a lock.

I just hope this doesn't become the same debate as the Defenders vs the Illuminati nonsense we went through for the Defenders Exclusive....

I know we may all want different characters, but the evidence is right there in black and white

I hope not - I'd really like to see something different, or at least a little originality. The AA ST 8" figures started with a couple of waves to get the original crew completed, then jumped right to Mirror-Mirror.

Which is precisely why I'm 99.9% sure this will be the case here. DST is notorious for these type of formulated formats; just look at Marvel Zombies: minimates, select figures, statues, etc. While not the most "original" of ideas, it does make sense from a marketing standpoint. Who knows, maybe with a little financial support the line will brave new territories and we might get more of our favorite series/episodes. I mean c'mon "Bread or Circuses" isn't neccessarily what I'd consider to be in the "top 10" of fan-fav. episodes, so perhaps they (DST) has a greater scope for the line than we might think...that or they're completely clueless! I prefer to believe the prior.

Regardless of what the hinted boxset actually is, I'm still puzzled by what the normal on-going series might present ever since Chuck defused the rumors of TNG (although he did assure that it was in "the works"). I'd really just like to know if it's TOS related or what? Oh well, I guess Feb. (hopefully sooner!) will have all the answers to our queries.

• 3 weeks later...