UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel puts comics online.

MiniFiend UK

Here is something that maybe of interest to users of the board. Marvel is putting some of its older comics online in digital format. There is an article for it. Marvel digital article

Also a link to the site itself Marvel Digital

could be worth a look for idea for some customs I would think :)

Nice find and link. There was a brief discussion in another thread as these were done by a member on here, MinimateEspo.

Kudos to him!

Here is something that maybe of interest to users of the board. Marvel is putting some of its older comics online in digital format. There is an article for it. Marvel digital article

Yeah sorry this threads already up ....by the way where's Liverpool ? ;)

To be fair, the other thread concerned MinimateEspo getting a sweet deal on the Minimate Max statues and then evolved into a thread concerning Marvel's digital archive. I was going to merge the threads, but this one's in the right place so I'm just going to leave both threads to do their own thing.

To be fair, the other thread concerned MinimateEspo getting a sweet deal on the Minimate Max statues and then evolved into a thread concerning Marvel's digital archive. I was going to merge the threads, but this one's in the right place so I'm just going to leave both threads to do their own thing.

Can we have a thread ,any thread , where(PYOW PYOW) I'm not (PYOW PYOW) being shot at (PYOW PYOW) by a monkey :o

Yes, guilty as charged, I have worked (and still am as we speak) on this project.

Can we have a thread ,any thread , where(PYOW PYOW) I'm not (PYOW PYOW) being shot at (PYOW PYOW) by a monkey :o

You're not being shot at by a monkey. You're being shot at by an ape. :P

Hey all, just checking up on this, if anyone has tried out the digital comics at marvel.com, i'd like to get some feedback from you, just to see how you all enjoy it, or if you have and comments. hope you all like it

I've been unable to see it. My browser reports too many redirects. :(

I can't view it through the link, either. Using Windows Vista Business with Internet Explorer version 7.0.6000.16546.

Jawfin

It was working fine the other day, but not tonight for me. I use IE on Windows XP.

Please keep us updated-I'm thinking of asking for a subscription as a Christmas gift should it seem worthwile.

I've been unable to see it. My browser reports too many redirects. :(

what browser are you using?

I bet its Yahoo...oo...oo...ah (PYOW PYOW) oo...oo...ah..oo!

Wrong, but just as appropriately it's Safari! :D

Does Marvel hate Macs? ;)

I've tried it & liked it . I initially found that downloading a comic was very slow which is always very irritating but I'm sure that is my system. I have one of those 'CD Rom Complete Spiderman' efforts which ,when I loaded it, went down as one of the biggest disappointments of my entire life. I mention this because Marvel has finally done it the right way by remastering the originals & not just scanning & pasting old comic pages. I think there are a few things that have 'been lost in translation' with these digital comics but I have waited years for this format. Thankyou Marvel.

I tried it out, so I'll give you my impression

PROS:

1. Easy to use

2. Convinient

3. Good variety of comics

4. Display works (mostly) well

CONS:

1. 2-page zoom didn't seem to work right

2. Smart Panels are pretty good, need just a tad bit of work

3. Sometimes skips a page for seemingly no reason

4. No paper :P

PROS:

1. Easy to use

2. Convinient

All of what we were going for.

CONS:

1. 2-page zoom didn't seem to work right <--its not a zoom, but a 2 page spread as it were, just to look at the pages as a whole

2. Smart Panels are pretty good, need just a tad bit of work <-- its still pretty new, but its been tweaked for months, believe me, this is perfect from our eyes, as often as we've seen them, lol

3. Sometimes skips a page for seemingly no reason <--interesting, that may have been glitches in certain books

4. No paper :P <---yeah, well, it is the next best thing, wouldn't you say?

PROS:

1. Easy to use

2. Convinient

All of what we were going for.

CONS:

1. 2-page zoom didn't seem to work right <--its not a zoom, but a 2 page spread as it were, just to look at the pages as a whole

2. Smart Panels are pretty good, need just a tad bit of work <-- its still pretty new, but its been tweaked for months, believe me, this is perfect from our eyes, as often as we've seen them, lol

3. Sometimes skips a page for seemingly no reason <--interesting, that may have been glitches in certain books

4. No paper :P <---yeah, well, it is the next best thing, wouldn't you say?

Oh yes. Overall I was VERY impressed. Some minor quirks didn't stop it from being rather impressive.

BTW, when you mentioned your work on this you said you had published work. What would that be?

That would be New Avengers #34, look for my credit in the book, it shouldn't be oo hard to figure out which is my name.

so what do you do in production? NA is one of my favorite books so it pretty cool to see someone here that works on it

Jeff of the Minis