UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Free Exclusive Web Armor Spider-Man Minimate Offer!

Shanester

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - this should not have come as a surprise, nor should AFX sticking it to you on the shipping.

Though they sometimes seem to get things sooner than other places, I don't know how many times that they've sent me a shipping notice with an invalid tracking # or taken their time getting something in the mail.

The Fistful of Dollars was the last set I ordered there - I started going to BBTS or Sci Fi Genre for all the more recent stuff

While it doesn't come as a surprise, it makes me wish I had sold my original one that I got in one of their early offers back when they we for like... $50 on ebay...

Anyway, I ordered an Invaders set, and Iron Man through the Ages set, and two of these, so I could at least get my moneys worth out of shipping...

I really don't like ordering from shopafx, due to their ridiculous shipping costs, but they were the 1st online retailer I found who had both San Diego sets in stock (not just one or the other... even diamond only has one set up at the moment) and being that I wanted them both ASAP, I had to yield to their will...

Oh well...

Edited by Gillbob316

Due to the above post on MH, I almost picked one up. $3.99 is too good of a deal to pass up.... except for one small thing.

On the shipping FAQ page, it mentions that US orders can be shipped via UPS, USPS, or Fed-Ex. (Given those choices I was even willing to suck up the $3 handling fee.) During check-out, however, those are not your options -- I was stuck with UPS Ground. I hate the UPS service in my area!

No way I'm going to pay eight bucks & change for shipping. By my math, that's a handling fee of $5 on their part. Seriously, that's the one thing I hate. When people have a low item price but insanely high shipping costs. (Especially once the item arrives you can see for yourself how much it actually cost the person, plus or minus the packaging costs.)

Jenny

I was angriest because they say they offer all these ways to ship, yet really don't. And shipping via UPS is usually expensive (another reason I dislike UPS -- they don't provide the level of service to warrant their shipping rates), so I was completely frustrated that this was the only option to choose.

Yeah, that is kind of strange and annoying, as well. Strangely enough, when they offer stuff on eBay sometimes, they allow USPS when their website won't (and for less money than the UPS rate for similarly sized items). I think that I read somewhere that they have different warehouses/distribution centers from which certain items ship, and I guess that one of them ships USPS (the one in Hawaii?) whereas the other (in California?) doesn't. Not sure, though.

I also don't like UPS, because it is difficult to have your mail "held" with them when you leave town. Plus, sometimes they ask for your signature, sometimes they just drop things off. I don't like unpredictable package delivery services.

I could say the same things about USPS. They ended up once not putting the package in the box (had a package holder mail box) nor did they put a notice. I had another package arrive two days later go pick it up at the office and they shipped the other back because I never picked it up. Another was given to the wrong address (bye, bye package). I'll quote them to " We don't make mistakes". I prefer UPS and Fedex if I have a tracking number so I can watch it. It's all in your preference.

I've had my issues with USPS, too, but I have issues with the policies and systematic behavior of UPS moreso than their mistakes (which, like zombie, is my sometimes complaint toward USPS).

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 months later...

:D Genius! £1.69 for the minimate. £26.75 to ship it to England. That's the best part of $50.00 to ship one single minimate in a baggy!

:no: in the USA they have dollars* ....$1.60 for the minimate & a mere $26.75 to ship it to England. That's the best part of $28.35 to ship one single minimate in a baggy!

:D Genius! £1.69 for the minimate. £26.75 to ship it to England. That's the best part of $50.00 to ship one single minimate in a baggy!

:no: in the USA they have dollars* ....$1.60 for the minimate & a mere $26.75 to ship it to England. That's the best part of $28.35 to ship one single minimate in a baggy!

My bad! I thought I was logged in to e-bay, and was reading the $ as a £ despite double checking. Can I claim sleep deprivation and too much blood in my alcohol system as a reason for my error? ;)

• 1 year later...