UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Free Exclusive Web Armor Spider-Man Minimate Offer!

Shanester

From Pat over at AFX!

Free Web Armor Spiderman Minimate Offer!

Spice up the holidays with our exclusive and amazing Web Armor Spiderman Minimate, free with any purchase of $25 or more from our Holiday Gift Shop! Quantities are limited so hurry before these are gone!

armor.jpg?t=1194618063

Offer Rules and Restrictions:

Limit of one free Web Armor Spiderman Minimate per order.

The Web Armor Spiderman Minimate is not available for purchase. It is only available as a free item with any purchase of $25 or more from our Holiday Gift Shop.

The Web Armor Spiderman Minimate will not show up in your shopping cart. It will automatically ship with your order if your order consists of qualifying items as detailed above.

Holiday Gift Shop items are those items listed in our Holiday Gift Shop below. Items not listed in our Holiday Gift Shop do not qualify for this free Web Armor Spiderman Minimate offer.

The Web Armor Spiderman Minimate is packaged in a plastic bag which can be easily creased and/or torn during picking, packing, and shipping. Therefore we will NOT accept requests for exchanges due to damaged packaging.

Offer expires December 17, 2007 or until our Web Armor Spiderman Minimate is gone, whichever comes first. Any order placed after 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time on December 17, 2007 will not be qualified to receive the free Web Armor Spiderman Minimate.

This offer is not valid for wholesale purchases.

http://www.shopafx.com/frirarspmi.html

Thanks for your time and Happy Holidays!

Pat

AFX

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see these finally found a home, though it sucks how they're distributing it. Still, this makes a better chase figure than Symbiote Spidey, since its more of a niche costume change that while cool to have is not a must have.

Edit: Annnnnd my order's in.

Yay these did get made :) Pat showed me the prototype at SDCC it looks really sweet in person :)

Shame the defenders set isn't part of the deal, it should be $25 on any minimates if you ask me.

Oh well I just picked up about $25 worth of stuff and the Defenders set, so saved on shipping too :)

T.

Yay these did get made :) Pat showed me the prototype at SDCC it looks really sweet in person :)

Shame the defenders set isn't part of the deal, it should be $25 on any minimates if you ask me.

Oh well I just picked up about $25 worth of stuff and the Defenders set, so saved on shipping too :)

T.

I was thinking the same thing. It seems odd to have a minimate giveaway and have to dig through 14 pages of crap to find the occasional DC wave, one BSG wave, and the Chun Li/M Bison P2 set. Did you see the Spider-Man 3 set in there? I know at one point you were missing that set.

What I found odd was that the BSG set of 4 packs cost almost $10 less than the DC set of 4 packs.

I couldn't see any disclaimer that said my order had to be only the Christmas sale -- you all think including the Defenders set (to save on shipping) is A-Okay? Of course, it doesn't count towards the $25.

I think the only thing it said was that you had to spend $25 on the Christmas stuff. I doubt they'll mind if you spend extra on non-Christmas sale items.

Damn. And yet again the UK gets let down...

I need this more than oxygen, dammit!

Vigilante

i just asked my lcs if they could order me $25 worth of "holiday minimates" (a spare set of bsg 2 and sm3 preview 2 pack) as being in the UK its going to be hard to get this little fella and they said yes!!!! cool, they were ordering defenders box sets anyway.......

I've noticed two items have moved out of the Holiday Sale since this morning a Max Sentinel and the Spidey box set. This added to the charge of $18 shipping for $25 of product makes it hard for me to trust AFX.

I was debating doing this deal, and the main part of it was going to be the Spiderman 5-pack. Now, I'll probably just order the Defenders set and forget about Iron Spidey.

Related to this, if you order the set off of eBay, AFX lets you choose domestic priority mail shipping, which is 2 bucks cheaper than UPS shipping (the cheapest option on their website). . .strange. . .

Any idea how many of these were produced?

All of em..

T.

p.s. to make this more than just a sarcastic post, no one at DST or probably AFX will ever discuss exact numbers but the minimum run for this sort of figure (educated guess based on what we do know) is probably between 1k and 3k depending on the tampo costs.

*sigh* $18 shipping on a $25 order. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet though, because I needs me that Armor Spidey.

(I see, AFX is based in Hawaii. So that may explain the high shipping. I'm still hesitant about ordering though.)

IF you look at AFX FAQ's - they actually ship out of centers in the continental US.

My orders always ship out of a center near L.A.

I've got a full set of BSG3 and ST2 on the way - shipping was less than $12.00 for the lot.

I've noticed two items have moved out of the Holiday Sale since this morning a Max Sentinel and the Spidey box set. This added to the charge of $18 shipping for $25 of product makes it hard for me to trust AFX.

Some of the things like the Spiderman box set and Spiderman 3 Preview exclusive are gone from their regular catalog now- I wouldn't be surprised if the mates were the first thing to sell out (given there is a minimate promo figure involved)

Man this annoys me!

There is no way in hell I can justify spending that much money, no matter how much I want that Amour Figure.

I hate being in Britain, and not having money. :(

Arrgh. So he's basically a $40 mate, right off the bat.

If anything on the site counted toward the $25, I'd be sold, but spending that much to help AFX clear out their overstock is a little rich for my blood.

Clever sales model though. Here's hoping they save a few to be used on future promotions...

Hope you all enjoy em guys. Even with a favourable exchange rate $53.00 for shipping is absolutely outrageous.

One minimate I'll mourn not getting but if I'm going to pay $80.00 + then I might as well go after a gold or silver spidey.

AFX can stick it where the sun don't shine!

Heh, I wonder if the $167 order (all Minimate lovin') I placed on Tuesday will have one of these included. Probably not, like most things in life timing is everything, I guess. :(

Well, I suppose I can finally pick up a few of those Trek figs I had been putting off purchasing. (Ssshh don't tell anyone.) And who couldn't use another set of BSG Wave 2 with some Street Fighter filler?

I have a feeling AFX has a tonne (oooh, metric) of these and they'll be put up for sale eventually. But I just don't have the cojones (oooh, Spanish) to risk it.

I just got exactly the same call, I ordered 5 sets of the SM3 mates this morning and they just called to tell me they dont have them! They wouldn't even keep the rest of my order (Defenders set etc) and simply include the spider armor mate out of courtesy for their screwup.

Basically I'm pissed because not only do I not now have the Spider armor mate coming BUT they took the cash through paypal and now I have perfectly good cash sitting in paypal instead of my bank account.

What's really stupid is that they have almost no minimates in the 'holiday list' so minimate fans have zero incentive to purchase unless they also collect other toys etc. So what we're going to see is these going to guys buying bobble heads and statues instead of minimate fans.

AFX have been pretty good in the past but frankly the way they've handled this sucks! :down::angry::down:

T.