UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Coming This Week: BSG3, ST2

Oh yes! I've got one of the BSG3 sets ordered from online, but I've now decided I want at least one of the others, and now I can just saunter into my LCS and get it! Score.

Here's a look at the list this week (11-7-07):

BSG MODERN MINIMATES SER 3 2-PK ASST (C: 1-1-4)

ST TOS MINIMATES SER 2 ASST (C: 1-1-4)

Kirby,

Is this a West Coast date or do you think it'll hit everywhere?

(I didn't see these on the Diamond Ship list that I saw)

Pretty sure it's Left Coast Gets 'Em Early again - especially if it isn't on Diamond's list.

Here's a look at the list this week (11-7-07):

BSG MODERN MINIMATES SER 3 2-PK ASST (C: 1-1-4)

ST TOS MINIMATES SER 2 ASST (C: 1-1-4)

Kirby,

Is this a West Coast date or do you think it'll hit everywhere?

(I didn't see these on the Diamond Ship list that I saw)

Pretty sure it's Left Coast Gets 'Em Early again - especially if it isn't on Diamond's list.

Oh Well... that means AFX won't have 'em for another week. At least I won't have to race around to get the variant.

We rock!

Man, I've been anticipating Star Trek, wasn't expecting BSG 3. Hot dang, tomorrow can't come fast enough! Off I go to count my dimes and figure out how many duplicates I can buy into....

I certainly like these little guys, but I wish they'd get spread apart just a little more.

Despite the fact that I am definitely broke, I'm gonna have to say: Bite your tongue! Then again, I'm also the person who reacts violently whenever someone says, "What else could go wrong?" Uttering (or typing) some things aloud is just asking for it. (And yes, I realize I'm a loon. ;) )

Sooo...anybody get these? Pic.s? Comments? I won't be getting mine for another week or two and I'm dying to vicariously share in the West coasters' excitement!

Sooo...anybody get these? Pic.s? Comments? I won't be getting mine for another week or two and I'm dying to vicariously share in the West coasters' excitement!

I got my BST CAG set today because I need some dupes for quick customs (using an extra set of the uniform bodies to creat a uniformed Helo and Boomer)).... and saw all the others and wanted to scoop them all up today, but at $10/ea I'm glad I pre-ordered thru AFX - that'll save me a big chunk (about $20). Even with the Shipping fees, I'm still ahead of the game.

Here's a quick review -

These are the typical bodies like Adama, Tigh and Adm Cain with some differences in the color of the uniform piping - nothing really new to report.

CAG Kara Thrace / aka "Starbuck":

Starbuck's tankard is a much nicer accessory than is pictured in the promo photos - it's not mono-color, but instead has a pewter colored top with the wing emblem and an ivory body with the skull logo painted or screened on.

Starbuck comes with the a cigar-holding hand (like the Toyfair version) and the playing card hand (Like Col. Tigh) as well as 2 regular hands as replacements.

Starbuck's face is different than the previous Pilot and Toyfair versions with a little less agressive look and uses a different hair piece that has a short pony-tail, instead of the cropped hair look.

CAG Lee Adama / aka "Apollo"

Apollo comes with one of those 8-sided picture frames with some Adama family pic in it.

He also has the playing card hand (Like Col. Tigh) as well as a regular hand as replacement.

Apollo's face and hair look identical the the Wave 1 Pilot version.

I noticed that the uniform logos are different from the pictured promo phots and match Adama, Tigh & Cain instaed of the pilot emplem pictured - definitely not a show stopper.

I was looking at all my BSG Minimates and have a question that one of the hardcore trivia and detail geeks might be able to answer:

What does all the different piping on the blue dress uniforms represent? For example, Adama & Tigh have Red piping, as does CAG Apollo. CAG Starbuck is light blue and Adm Cain is white.

Any ideas.... it's Star Trek that obsesses with continuity stuff like that

I was looking at all my BSG Minimates and have a question that one of the hardcore trivia and detail geeks might be able to answer:

What does all the different piping on the blue dress uniforms represent? For example, Adama & Tigh have Red piping, as does CAG Apollo. CAG Starbuck is light blue and Adm Cain is white.

my guess it signfies rank

Anyone happen to get the Star Trek Wave 2 ones while out and about?

My source for minimates hasn't got them listed for this week on their site, so I'm guessing next week here. Either that or they just didn't include it on their list though they usually do when new minimates come out.

It's all here if you'd have simply searched for the word piping ;)

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&p=15791

T.