UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Q & A #4 Answers Discussion thread

Shanester

Feel free to discuss the answers to Q & A #4 here.

Even though its nothing to really bank on, this one answer has me very optimistic.

"Hi, my question is Has DST ever tried to get part of the Star Wars license from Hasbro?

DSTChuck: Technicly you would deal with Lucas Hasbro is a competitor and yes we’ve spoken to Lucas people a number of times on a variety of different ideas. Maybe someday we’ll work out something."

Star Wars minis would be awesome! The fact there is even the tiniest room for hope, makes me happy.

Star Wars mates would indeed be awesome. We've already seen how cool they'd look thanks to some of the custom efforts so far produced.

This from Trekker42 puzzled me ...

"Will Star Trek wave four enter into the Next Generation?

DSTChuck: No it will not but TNG and the other series are NOT going to be ignored we’ve got stuff underway already."

So what's being alluded to in the last DST e-spectrum? Everyone thought it would be TNG but it appears not to be so.

Will Star Trek wave four enter into the Next Generation?

DSTChuck: No it will not but TNG and the other series are NOT going to be ignored we’ve got stuff underway already.

I found this one interesting given what was said in DST Spectrum #54. I wonder, does that mean Wave 4 won't have any TNG? Or are they hitting DS9 or Voyager first? Or does somebody have old info? :)

EDIT: (Guess I should have checked for new posts before submitting, huh Rad?) :)

Is a box of zombie Fantastic four possible is the regular zombie box sells well?

DSTChuck: Sorry but we’re done with Zombie merchandise – we had a very small window we were allowed to exploit.

So no more zombies. :( I'm glad we at least got what we did though. I wonder how small the window was.

DSTChuck: No it will not but TNG and the other series are NOT going to be ignored we’ve got stuff underway already."

So what's being alluded to in the last DST e-spectrum? Everyone thought it would be TNG but it appears not to be so.

I was wondering the very same thing. Perhaps the DS9 "Trials and Tribble-ations" guess wasn't too far off after all... they would all be pretty easy redecos of the existing TOS figures.

EDIT: (Guess I should have checked for new posts before submitting, huh Rad?) :)

:D I hate it when that happens too.

I do think that the trek thing's going to provoke a lot of discussion.

We could be getting Prequel mates... Ever think of that? Oooh young spock's got to make for a peachy Sylar custom.

The Lucasfilm quote is indeed intriguing. I'd love Star Wars Minimates, but perhaps what I'd love even more.... Indiana Jones. There's already so much Star Wars product around, but Indy is just begging to break out into the toy market.

The Lucasfilm quote is indeed intriguing. I'd love Star Wars Minimates, but perhaps what I'd love even more.... Indiana Jones. There's already so much Star Wars product around, but Indy is just begging to break out into the toy market.

Very true! There some great characters that would make great Indiana Jones minis. I'd buy those up fast!

I'm quite optimistic about the Star Wars answer. I have a huge Star Wars figure collection, and would love minimates.

Also Indiana Mates would be cool. I'd love an Indy with pistol, whip and hat!

I'd buy both in a heart beat. I wouldn't even check what packs they were, I'd buy them outright!

Shanester asks:

How did Matt REALLY get that cast on his leg? :P

DSTChuck: I kicked him in the shin after he told one of you at SD all our plans for 08…

:lol:

yea I found that one pretty funny too...but who did he tell and why arent they sharing!! LOL

Jeff of the Minis

I'm quite optimistic about the Star Wars answer. I have a huge Star Wars figure collection, and would love minimates.

I'd buy both in a heart beat. I wouldn't even check what packs they were, I'd buy them outright!

Sorry to burst your bubble folks, but lego have the license to make indiana jones stuff :( . Then again, they are also making batman stuff and we have batman mates ;) .

Vigilante

Sorry to burst your bubble folks, but lego have the license to make indiana jones stuff :( . Then again, they are also making batman stuff and we have batman mates ;) .

Vigilante

Generally speaking LEGO (& MegaBlocks) is considered a 'construction toy' license. That hasn't in the past kept minimates from being made of the same characters.

Shanester asks:

How did Matt REALLY get that cast on his leg? :P

DSTChuck: I kicked him in the shin after he told one of you at SD all our plans for 08…

:lol:

yea I found that one pretty funny too...but who did he tell and why arent they sharing!! LOL

Jeff of the Minis

Well, it's funny cause Matt really does get so excited he starts telling people stuff he shouldn't. Yet another reason why we love him so. :P

Finally some answers (well, sort of)!

I'm especially happy that DST has not abandoned the preposed "classic BSG" line altogether. Fingers still crossed, just not holding my breath. I'm quite sure that we have not seen the last of the "new BSG" 'mates though, and it's great to hear that DST are fans of the show and will continue to produce them as long as they are allowed(and sell)! I think we could possibly see some "Pegasus" and "Razor" 'mates slipped-in somewhere (boxsets?) too in the near future. However, my biggest concern (not addressed) is for the release of the Miniflyers shown so long ago; they're essential IMO. Sales seem to be strong, I don't see why these are such a risk (unless they're using C3 and Speed Racer as a "guage-of-interest" in vehicles).

Is a box of zombie Fantastic four possible is the regular zombie box sells well?

DSTChuck: Sorry but we’re done with Zombie merchandise – we had a very small window we were allowed to exploit.

So no more zombies. :( I'm glad we at least got what we did though. I wonder how small the window was.

I'm a little disappointed myself as well. I picked up Marvel Zombies 2 a few weeks back and liked the cybernetic enhancements Spidey, Wolverine, Iron Man and Luke had and the "Galactus Hulk/Classic Hulk" look Hulk had. As a result, I was hoping to maybe see them in minimate form as well as maybe some others from the second storyline (I'm not really in a position to make custom minimates).

One of the oddest/cleverest/strangest/ marketing ploys by Medicom was to have ' Indiana Jones' as the Secret /Chase figure for Kubrick Star Wars Series 2. It is my all-time favourite Kubrick after Captain America.

Vigilante

Hasbro also has the Indy license for figures in both the 3 3/4" (Star Wars-like) and Galactic Heroes (small, not really poseable) scales.

I'm gonna go with the DS9 crew in TOS outfits from "Trials & Tribble-ations." That'd be a nice segue into the 24th century... and one DST has exploited before.

I'm gonna go with the DS9 crew in TOS outfits from "Trials & Tribble-ations." That'd be a nice segue into the 24th century... and one DST has exploited before.

I'd be happy to see that.

I loved that episode.

I'd be happy to see that.

I loved that episode.

Good episode, but I want my Patrick Stewart! Think of the possbilities! Movie Xavier, Ahab, King Richard (see Robin Hood: Men in Tights), or Locutus (If they make him the variant, I will break something). A Borg box set is necessary along with A "Fistfull of Datas" Boxset. That would be fun.