UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Trek Wave 4 info in the latest E-Spectrum

The whole "Visitors" from the 24th century makes me thing of Trials and Tribbil-ations from DS9.

DST has played this card once before.

Cyrano Jones anyone?

Come on... you think we'd do that? AGAIN?!?

While it's clever, that's not what I was thinking at all when I wrote that. I think most people will be very pleased.

If you are heading into TNG mates, which is fine, don't forget to stop back by TOS again. I need more TOS Minimates, damn it!

The whole "Visitors" from the 24th century makes me thing of Trials and Tribbil-ations from DS9.

DST has played this card once before.

Cyrano Jones anyone?

Never thought of that. Makes sense. They could just be slapping Sisko's head on McCoy's body etc. Darn and I wanted me a Picard beyond the Dixon Hill one I already cobbled together. Here I was hoping for an army of Borg too.

E-Spectrum No. 54 SPOILER!!!!!

Fans of the Star Trek Minimate line should expect some visitors from the 24th Century to begin making appearances beginning with the top-secret Star Trek Series 4 Minimates!

TNG!!! YESSSSS!!!!!!

Awww. The Man shot me down ;) I really wanted them too.

Look forward to what the future holds.

PS - I still want a Chapel/Rand set (don't we all?)

The crew wouldn't be complete without Nurse Chapel or Yeoman Rand. I'd also like to see Transporter Chief Kyle just to get someone in one of the utility jumsuits from TOS.

Awww. The Man shot me down ;) I really wanted them too.

Look forward to what the future holds.

PS - I still want a Chapel/Rand set (don't we all?)

The crew wouldn't be complete without Nurse Chapel or Yeoman Rand. I'd also like to see Transporter Chief Kyle just to get someone in one of the utility jumsuits from TOS.

Plus a green-shirt Kirk.

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...600&start=0

(though this may not be the "green shirt" you are referring to. . .)

Though I like the original Trek series, I didn't like it enough to get all these new Minimates. On the other hand, I also grew up watching TNG (I actually recall seeing the pilot's first airing when I was a wee child), and will have no choice but to buy Riker, Data, et al. if/when released. :(

• 2 months later...

I'm cross posting this from the board, from Captain Mitchell (don't know him):

I am trying to find the site again but I thought I found an article (I remember reading it.) that mentioned the rumored 24th Century Trek characters. Picard & Romulan, Riker & Troi, LaForge & Data and the chaser would be Picard in jacket instead of standard uniform. The article went on to say that the next TNG wave would be Worf & Beverly, Yar and O'Brien, Picard as Dixon Hill and a Borg with chaser being Worf in red uniform from Season one. They concluded the article by stating that the third and fourth TNG waves of Minimates could and like would include: Sherlock Data & Watson LaForge, Romulan Troi, Thomas Riker, Q, Q in Judge's Robes, Gowron, Barclay, Picard as Robin Hood, Wesley Crusher, Ogawa, Ro and Guinan. Can't seem to find it so it must have been pulled. But I hope they are right. I also hope they continue TOS minimates.

I love these days of rumors! Marvel, Star Trek ... brings me back to the heady days of 2006!

I'm cross posting this from the board, from Captain Mitchell (don't know him):

I am trying to find the site again but I thought I found an article (I remember reading it.) that mentioned the rumored 24th Century Trek characters. Picard & Romulan, Riker & Troi, LaForge & Data and the chaser would be Picard in jacket instead of standard uniform. The article went on to say that the next TNG wave would be Worf & Beverly, Yar and O'Brien, Picard as Dixon Hill and a Borg with chaser being Worf in red uniform from Season one. They concluded the article by stating that the third and fourth TNG waves of Minimates could and like would include: Sherlock Data & Watson LaForge, Romulan Troi, Thomas Riker, Q, Q in Judge's Robes, Gowron, Barclay, Picard as Robin Hood, Wesley Crusher, Ogawa, Ro and Guinan. Can't seem to find it so it must have been pulled. But I hope they are right. I also hope they continue TOS minimates.

I love these days of rumors! Marvel, Star Trek ... brings me back to the heady days of 2006!

While that's a nice line-up, I've got to believe that Series 4 will be yet another TOS wave based on Chuck's response to my "Ask DST #6" question. I asked whether the Rand/Chapel would be an exclusive or part of the regular series. His answer was "regular series" release. Perhaps Series 5 will be the transition wave (assuming that it's still simply one series).

There's a grain of salt for ya...

I'm highly skeptical they would release that much info before they've even officially confirmed TNG waves. Right off, as pointed out, wave four sounds likely to be another TOS lineup -- we'll no doubt see at Toyfair. But we're probably talking a good four months before we'll even see solicits for wave five. Six, seven and eight (!) are six months to a year off, easily.

But, you're right, Jatta... the rampant speculation of the last few weeks has been a fun roller coaster ride. ;)

So the rumor is:

Wave 4 (or 5, if the TOS wave with Chapel/Rand hits):

Picard

Romulan

Riker

Troi

Laforge

Data

Chase - Picard in Jacket

Wave 5:

Worf

Beverly

Tasha

O'Brien

Dixon Hill

Borg

Chase - Worf in Season 1 Uniform

And future waves including:

Data as Sherlock Holmes

LaForge as Watson

Troi as a Romulan

Thomas Riker

Q

Q in Judge's Robes

Gowron

Barclay

Picard as Robin Hood

Wesley Crusher

Nurse Ogawa

Ro

Guinan

I'd absolutely love it if these were all true. But, sadly - I don't buy it. I'm guessing that the dude read a want list or a suggestion list somewhere. I think they're pretty awesome and cover the series pretty damn well, with only a few major omissions (Dr. Pulaski, Locutus, Lwaxana Troi, Lursa & B'Etor, Tasha Yar from Yesterday's Enterprise).

Regardless, if I get a Tasha mini (who doesn't have the black splotch of death on her face), I'll be RIDICULOUSLY happy.