UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Speed Racer clearanced at TRU

I got both for the price of one originally. I'm pleased.

At what TRU did you find them? I keep looking where I thought they used to be, but they seem to have been missing for a while. What aisle, I guess, to be more specific (in with what stuff)?

Thanks for the update!

I saw the Racer X at Toys R Us last week, and it was on the very end of an aisle, facing the back wall of the store, hanging out with other random items that didn't fit in the regular aisles. He costed me $5, which wasn't exactly half price, but it was low enough (I passed on him and only got Speed earlier in the year b/c of the cost).

Perhaps more importantly, though, I saw a couple of Darktide sets and Street Fighter 4-figure sets, which were $4 each a few weeks ago, going for $1.90 each (!) in some clearance baskets right inside TRU. That's less than .50 per figure!

I got both for the price of one originally. I'm pleased.

At what TRU did you find them? I keep looking where I thought they used to be, but they seem to have been missing for a while. What aisle, I guess, to be more specific (in with what stuff)?

Thanks for the update!

Mm, sorry I guess I should have been a lot more specific, this was the North Little Rock, AR TRU store. They were on an endcap mini hanger display along with the other Art Asylum Speed toys. They had only one Speed left and several Racer X's, and several of the bigger display figures too. I think it totaled about 8 bucks and some change for me, which is about what one figure went for at Suncoast.

karamazov80, you're so lucky :D I wish I could pull that kind of haul. I was lucky to find Demetri and Morrigan just sitting around in our local Hastings, I've never seen any of the other SF mates in person.