UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mattallica's customs New ones added 4/16/21

So what is it that makes it so hard to believe that I would make a Hitler Minimate? Im curious?

My guess would be that he's just a kid. Nice work on the robots, Matt!

Chill out Matt. Miniman wasn't getting at you. You point out that he doesn't know you, and for all he knows you're a neo nazi skinhead, fair point though I hope that's not the case. But you don't know him either, and for all you know he could be a relative or a descendant of someone who suffered at the hands of that particular regime. The door opens both ways.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude your creations are awesome but Hitler really I just cant believe you would make a Hitler matebut still the other creations are really cool

Now I'm curious why cant you believe I would make a Hitler minimate?

You dont know me personally! for all you know I could be some Neo-Nazi skin head.

Maybe i'm a history buff, there are plenty of people that build scale models of German tanks, and aircraft others that make completely accurate battle fields featuring Nazi, Russian or any number of "enemy" "evil" soldiers and leaders. is that wrong?

Maybe i just thought it would be another Villian for my Captain America 'Mate to battle, as he did in Many comics. you dont know you never asked.

Is it more the subject matter than Me? are we never to mention Hitler or have images etc of him because of the Atrocities he did during his life? We have plenty of people in history who have done really horrible things that we talk about, have images of and in some cases praise and call heroes (depending which side of the history you fall on)

If its the Ideals that He or anyone holds that is wrong then what about The Red Skull (we have several Mates of him) or is that different because he is only a comic book character?

So its ok to have minimates the likes of Wolverine, Deadpool, Lobo and others that kill and Maim because they are simple cartoons/movie or comic book characters and are/ were not a real person? what about minimates like "Silence of the lambs" ok because they are only a movie? dont forget some of those characters are largely based on real-life Monsters? like Ed Gein.

So what is it that makes it so hard to believe that I would make a Hitler Minimate?

Im curious?

Careful, mate. You're starting to sound like me. ;)

So what is it that makes it so hard to believe that I would make a Hitler Minimate? Im curious?

Chill out Matt. Miniman wasn't getting at you. You point out that he doesn't know you, and for all he knows you're a neo nazi skinhead, fair point though I hope that's not the case. But you don't know him either, and for all you know he could be a relative or a descendant of someone who suffered at the hands of that particular regime. The door opens both ways.

Why do I need to chill out?, I didnt ask him to comment on my custom, and I didnt say he was "getting at me"

as far as him or anyone suffering at the hands of that regime has nothing to do with my custom. he stated he could not believe i would make the mate and I asked why thats all. I dont need to be lectured by you, i have done nothing wrong.

Why do I need to chill out?, I didnt ask him to comment on my custom, and I didnt say he was "getting at me"

as far as him or anyone suffering at the hands of that regime has nothing to do with my custom. he stated he could not believe i would make the mate and I asked why thats all. I dont need to be lectured by you, i have done nothing wrong.

Why do you need to chill out? Because I've asked you to, and I did so in my official capacity as a moderator of this board.

It would be appreciated that you took note of that.

I was initially going to post something else in case anyone has already read my post--I just want to say, nice customizing! Let's not judge people and turn it into a big huge argument over politics. This is the fun minimate forum/site and I come here to relax for a bit. So let's focus on the customization of a minimate and not the politics of it. Peace and love to everyone!

Edited by edge2100

The aggressive stance you're taking here and elsewhere is very much wrong. So yes you've done something wrong and yes I don't like it, I'm not alone in that.

I've asked you nicely to chill out. Now I'm telling you to.

So chill out, and stop overreacting.

The aggressive stance you're taking here and elsewhere is very much wrong. So yes you've done something wrong and yes I don't like it, I'm not alone in that.

The only one overreacting here is you, what aggressive stance? and what does anything else or any other thread have to do with this? you're the one who keeps adding to this, like i said power trip much?

So, who's gonna cause the next big commotion and make a Jesusmate?? :lol:

I may as well make the big J, Im already being crucified

Edited by Mattallica

The only one overreacting here is you, what aggressive stance? you're the one who keeps adding to this, like i said power trip much?

No power trip on Rads part, It's been discussed in the the staff room and all of the staff agree your attitude this week is overly agressive and unexceptable. Not sure what's going on with you right now, you've been here a long time and never acted up like this before but you need to take a deep breath and let it go or you'll talk yourself into suspension.

T.

The only one overreacting here is you, what aggressive stance? and what does anything else or any other thread have to do with this? you're the one who keeps adding to this, like i said power trip much?

Matt, you asked me a question, I answered. That's why I added to the thread. So describing it as a power trip on my part is a bit laughable. I've been nothing but reasonable with you so far, and in return all I'm getting from you is a lot of childish attitude.

For what it's worth I couldn't give a flying one that you made a Hitler custom. You can make any custom minimate you like. What I do care about is the way you've conducted yourself on the forum over the last few days. You have overreacted, you have been aggressive.

So, who's gonna cause the next big commotion and make a Jesusmate?? :lol:

I may as well make the big J, Im already being crucified

No you aren't. You have to understand that we expect a certain standard of behaviour on this forum. If members don't adhere to that then they have to be called out on it. I'm the second moderator that's had to speak to you this week, surely that should tell you something? If a member of the forum staff ask or tell you to stop behaving in a certain way then you stop behaving like it,or face the consequences. So far we've given you an extremely long leash and that's mainly down to the fact that you're a long standing member. So please, enough with the attitude or, as TBT! says you will end up losing your posting privileges.

I will say no more on this matter.

• 6 months later...

11/3/10

Terminator resistance fighter

post-189-1288817290_thumb.jpg

post-189-1288817306_thumb.jpg

post-189-1288817325_thumb.jpg

M.A.X. special ops body with modified chest piece, Hulk movie banner head, extra parts from Kyle Resse in the Battle Damaged Hunter/Killer Tank set

the Beyonder (energy form)

post-189-1288817345_thumb.jpg

post-189-1288817373_thumb.jpg

post-189-1288818380_thumb.jpg

new mutant sunspot with extra hands/feet custom painted jacket from Secret Wars Box Set beyonder

Race track Whiplash

post-189-1288817393_thumb.jpg

re painted to more accurately represent how he appears in the Ironman 2 movie with added wires and electric whip effects

Ironman 2 Movie Whiplash Mk 2

I've had this guy partially complete sitting on my work bench forever finally finished him.

post-189-1290220491_thumb.jpg

post-189-1290220473_thumb.jpg

post-189-1290220456_thumb.jpg

post-189-1290220438_thumb.jpg

12/28/10

Jonah Hex

post-189-1293555120_thumb.jpg

AoA "Burnt" Wolverine

post-189-1293555741_thumb.jpg

Crossbones

post-189-1293555149_thumb.jpg

post-189-1293555160_thumb.jpg

Based on the upcoming 3 3/4" MU figure

post-189-1293555179_thumb.jpg

Following Hasbros lead of just palate swaping colors on the Hand ninjas in the M.U. line i made a Chaste ninja to combat the forthcoming Hand ninja mate

post-189-1294540712_thumb.jpg

post-189-1294540754_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mattallica

It's amazing how DST put forth no effort into making Sunspot. After adding that jacket to him Matt, you've recreated a dead-on likeness of that energized Beyonder. The side by side comparisson is uncanny. Now DST, how's about giving us a "real" Sunspot minimate.

It's amazing how DST put forth no effort into making Sunspot. After adding that jacket to him Matt, you've recreated a dead-on likeness of that energized Beyonder. The side by side comparisson is uncanny. Now DST, how's about giving us a "real" Sunspot minimate.

How about these

post-189-1288819279_thumb.jpg

post-189-1288819296_thumb.jpg

post-189-1288819254_thumb.jpg

post-189-1288819310_thumb.jpg

Damn Matt!

Nice work on the Beyonder! That jacket looks perfect. In fact, it looks like it's been cast in clear plastic too almost. A+.

Love your Race-trach whip-lack. Wish we'd gotten him instead of Mr. Brown-pants!

• 2 weeks later...

just thought I'd mention that I've spent the last 20 or so minutes looking through your thread from start to finish, having completely forgotten just how much you've got in here. The quality to quantity ratio is extremely high, whether it reproductions of prototypes we never got or your own spin on existing characters (like your Batman rogues).

also, there have been a lot of customs on these boards I've wanted to recreate myself, but couldn't remember who did the original... and I've just seen a huge chunk of them are yours... Nurse Joker and Batman Beyond for example