UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Which way is she turning?

Reideen1313

Right brain vs left brain test:

0568782000.gif

Which way is she turning?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain. If counter-clockwise, you're more of a left brained person.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses logic

practical

facts rule

words and language

present and past

math and science

comprehension

knowing

acknowledges

order/pattern perception

knows object name

reality based

forms strategies

detail oriented

safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses feeling

spatial perception

"big picture" oriented

symbols and images

present and future

philosophy & religion

understands 'meaning' easily

believes

appreciates

imagination rules

knows object function

fantasy based

presents possibilities

impetuous

risk taking

What does mean when you can see it alternating between the two?

Not sure but it did that for me too... Initially clockwise though...

With a little practice I can even make it change directions on cue... by staring at a specific body part :|

(no not the boobs Danny!)

Cool stuff Reideen!

T.

So what happens when I look directly at it and it is going counter-clockwise, but when I look away from it and can still see it in the corner of my eye, it is going clockwise?

Is that considered one side over the other or isn't it split evenly...... :blink:

She only ever turns counter-clockwise for me. Guess I'm left brained.

Here's a question, If the right side of the brain, controls the left side of the body, and the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body, then are only left handed people in their right mind?

:P

Right brained all the way here. I stared for quite some time and still only see clockwise. Strange. It's like those hologramish pictures from years ago that look just like a bunch of colors but if you star at them in a certain way you can see some picture in them, I could never see the picture.

Freaky. Every so often it changes direction for me. Freaky.

Patriot

Counter clockwise for me. I however can make her change direction on cue. Try scrolling down until all you can see if her feet (not her legs) and concentrate till it looks like it's just flipping back and forth, then visualize it moving the other direction.

Really awesome!

I don't know how well this will work in a forum like this (somebody will almost definitely spoil the fun), but, check out this link, and do the following:

"When viewing the video, try to count the total number of times that the people wearing white pass the basketball. Do not count the passes made by the people wearing black. When you're done, visit the main lab web site for more information."

Be sure to pay very close attention to the number of times the ball is passed by people wearing white shirts. This is important.

You need java player to see this. I had a whole class that was given this in an undergrad cognitive psychology class, and very few of us were able to correctly count the number of passes. Its surprising what the mind can do. No spoilers :D !

http://viscog.beckman.uiuc.edu/media/ig.html

Click the "View the "basketball" video" link

After you have tried this a couple of times, click here for the correct answer:

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2006/07/looking_without.html

I can't even trick myself into seeing her rotate counter-clockwise. I guess I'm a heavy right-brainer.

You and i both. Its clearly a clockwise rotation to me and i cant see any reason to think otherwise (even after staring at its butt. Hey...i like nice behind lol).

Edit: WHOA! I stared at the knee for a bit of time and forced my mind to counter rotate and eventually it started "turning" in the other direction.

It took a bit of forcing in order it to rotate in teh clockwise direction a 2nd time.

• 2 weeks later...