UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

24 Series 1 and BTTF this week

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, two questions. One, were these west coast only? Like, that would suck. And two, why does BTTF.com still/ now have the BTTF mates listed as November? I would think they would have gotten them so they could have them shipping on the release date. I am just anxious, I guess :) I didn't know if my LCS would (want) to carry the BTTF mates, so I ordered them from BTTF.com, along with their awesome exclusive!

So, two questions. One, were these west coast only? Like, that would suck. And two, why does BTTF.com still/ now have the BTTF mates listed as November? I would think they would have gotten them so they could have them shipping on the release date. I am just anxious, I guess :) I didn't know if my LCS would (want) to carry the BTTF mates, so I ordered them from BTTF.com, along with their awesome exclusive!

MartyWGuitar.jpg

DST delayed shipment of BTTF.com's Exclusive 'Enchantment Under the Sea' 2-Pack by one month due to factory delays. It is now due to drop on November 15, according to what our reps told us 2 weeks ago.

Our shipment of the Series 1 Boxed Set (4-Pack) is supposed to be enroute to us this week, and we should have them sometime next week. Since we are not on the West Coast (we are in Alabama - Southeast U.S.), we're still waiting for our shipment like all other vendors are on this end of the country.

The Series 2 Boxed Set (4-Pack) and Previews Exclusive 2-Pack aren't due until late January 2008 at the earliest.

Does anybody have the 24 mates, and if so, could you post some pics please?

Sorry these aren't better...

post-1511-1191634900_thumb.jpg

post-1511-1191634948_thumb.jpg

post-1511-1191634992_thumb.jpg

post-1511-1191635028_thumb.jpg

post-1511-1191635070_thumb.jpg

Nice accessories, Pistol w/ silencer, pistol, blackberry, cell phone & opening briefcase.

Very nice detail and good quality - my ability to master my wife's camers doesn't do them justice.

And for all that will ask... commando. Enough Said.

Can you get these anywhere other than online or a local Comic shop? (Especially the 24set!)

Your best bet is a comic store or retailer that regularly stocks minimates (FYE, Suncoast, San Goody). I've found that these usally show up in specialty-only stores, though I've been surprised to find some minimates a Hot Topic and Virgin Megastore.

If you don't have a local comic store, I'd have to say that the internet is your best bet.

Happy hunting

Did anyone else who got the 24 figures not get the bag that was suppose to come with Kim? Mine does not have one, unfortunatly I noticed after I took them out! I'm gonna e-mail Diamond to see if they can help me out, like they did with the Rocky hair!

Well, Mini Myte, the cool thing about Minimate Accessories is they can go with anything. In fact, if you want to give Gwen Stacy a 9mm Pistol feel free. That being said, I don't think they are figure specific. I don't remember Jack with a breifcase so that could be for Palmer or Nina (for her money). Nina, Jack, and Palmer all used a Cell Phone extensivly in the series too. I would imagine the PDA and Pistol w/Silencer are meant for Jack. On a final note, if you wanted the season 1 finale you would remember that Nina

used a pistol to shoot Jack's wife so the pistol might be hers

Again, they are all interchangable so it could really go with any of the three (Kim is useless in all aspects of everything, toys, shows, etc). Unlike the Skakeboard and Helmet from the BttF set! neo

After displaying the sad and lonely Rocky mates and the very side of my marvel mates, I couldnt see much point In getting these. I dont have a boxing ring, or a delorean, and I have never seen an episode of 24. But, I do love minimates and I found 2 uses for all of these mates for you guys on the fence about getting them.

Aside from accessories:

1. CIVILIANS

2. ZOMBIE FOOD

right now, everyone from all three sets are in category one. But I think at some point soon, Magneto might be making a deal with the Sentry...

Does anyone else find it odd that the minimates for 24 came out before any action figures? Has this happened with any other minimates? Frankly I'd have been happy with four versions of Jack Bauer. Everyone else on that show seems to be either useless, evil, or dead. The accessories have pushed this set over into the must have category, though, despite Kim's idiocy as a character.

Does anyone else find it odd that the minimates for 24 came out before any action figures? Has this happened with any other minimates? Frankly I'd have been happy with four versions of Jack Bauer. Everyone else on that show seems to be either useless, evil, or dead. The accessories have pushed this set over into the must have category, though, despite Kim's idiocy as a character.

McFarlane did some stuff. I'll find it if I can.

I think that 24 is a show where a more a typical, 4-5 inch action figure release would make a lot of sense. However, given that the bulk of that show's audience is of the adult variety, maybe the powers that be think these kinds of things wouldn't sell too well except to collectors, hence only statues and Minimates being made, targeted toward a niche audience instead of the regular figs that might be targeted to a mass Toys R Us crowd.

Personally, I got burned out due to the redundancy and staleness of 24 after season 4 or so, but after seeing these pics. . .of course, I'm going to have to get them. I'm definitely getting box set 2, as well. Tony Almeida and Michelle Dessler, hell yeah! :buttrock: They look perfect! Though those sunglasses on Jack. . .I don't know.

So here's an important question: which of your Minimates will Jack torture first? Doc Brown did steal plutonium, but Captain America disobeyed the government during that whole Civil War thing. . .choices, choices

So here's an important question: which of your Minimates will Jack torture first? Doc Brown did steal plutonium, but Captain America disobeyed the government during that whole Civil War thing. . .choices, choices

First Jack and Nick Fury need to have a steely-eyed manly glowering contest. Then I'm siccing him on the zombies. I think Jack might prefer going after Lex Luthor though. That suit of his is just begging to be cracked open for fun torture time, and Jack seems to love taking down corrupt (former) presidents!

• 2 weeks later...

post-638-1193750672_thumb.jpgMy shipment arrived today from BTTF.com........what the hell is the point of the bloody great label on each box ?I know where I bought them from without this disgusting label defacing each box. What makes it so infuriating is that these are some of the best 'mates I've seen in one of the best packaging designs .

Our shipment finally arrived today...

BTTF_Minimates_Are_Here.jpg

Brilliant 'mates shame about the label .