UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back to the Future mates in 3 weeks!

I was inquiring about shipping practices from BTTF (which are very reasonable IMO) and got an interesting piece of news:

"Thanks, and we hope you'll be ordering the Minimates from BTTF.com. The first wave arrives in about 3½ weeks!"

Let the countdown begin!!! :biggrin:

I was inquiring about shipping practices from BTTF (which are very reasonable IMO) and got an interesting piece of news:

"Thanks, and we hope you'll be ordering the Minimates from BTTF.com. The first wave arrives in about 3½ weeks!"

Yes, the BTTF Boxed Set arrives somewhere around October 20. However, it turns out that DST has delayed our exclusive ("Enchantment Under the Sea" 2-pack) by 1 month, and they will now be arriving somewhere around November 20.

MAY074355-4.jpg

Yes, the BTTF Boxed Set arrives somewhere around October 20. However, it turns out that DST has delayed our exclusive ("Enchantment Under the Sea" 2-pack) by 1 month, and they will now be arriving somewhere around November 20.

MAY074355-4.jpg

Any update on pics or accesories for that 2 pack?

Jeff of the Minis

Any update on pics or accesories for that 2 pack?

Jeff of the Minis

We've been told what to expect as accessories, but we're waiting on the pictures just in case they change gears. Should be very, very soon.

DST's Myspace has a shot of Marty with the guitar up now.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=315322866

Thanks for the link Samwise.

Anyone else a little disappointed with the guitar? Granted most Minimate accessories only have one or two paint applications, but I think the guitar needs more. It seems like an accessory from another toy line. Hopefully this is just the prototype and there will be a few more paint-apps on the production version. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to sacrifice paint-apps on the Minimates for paint-apps on the guitar.

It's too bad I don't have a Myspace account* or I would have posted a similar image from the Scavenger Hunt Contest. :)

(*And won't until Emperor Rupert makes it mandatory.)

Just got word Look for the four pack out this week! Rather look for it tomorrow!

The 4-Pack Boxed Set doesn't drop until October 17th -- still a few weeks away. (See DST's website for further info)

The BTTF.com "Enchantment Under the Sea" Exclusive 2-Pack was recently delayed a month, and now drops November 15th, according to DST.

It's not on the Diamond Shipping list though.

Someone in another thread is saying that thier LCS has it on the ship list...

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=3490

I've learned that the DST web site's dates are completely unreliable (i have to admit, they do narrow it down to the correct year) and are subject to change...and change.... and then change again and then still not quite match the release date. Even the e-tailers have given up on keeping the dates current on their sites. And then there's that whole left coast-right coast dynamic that is mostly anecdotal.

Add to the mix the BTTF.com people, who should seem closer to this than anyone (and therefore the best informed).

I don't know if I should be excited about a release this week or not

I was getting ready for a LCS trip tomorrow afternoon....

Sometimes the release dates really piss me off.

I'd have to go with what the LCS say and I trust the others who posted that it was on their list for this week cuz they have always been correct...even it it says different on the DST site. DST were way off on the BSG wave 2 ship dates on their site when they came out, that I know of right off hand for an example.

I'd go with what the member/LCS says...

Living in the same city, I know both that LCS and the member well enough to trust them ;)

The LCS/Member combo have yet to be wrong with their 'monday' lists over the last couple of years! B).

Of course we're all west coast so those on the other side will prob have to wait til next week.

T.