UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

For A Few Dollars More box set

Fujis

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want official Minimates-styled horses. Just think of all the uses! The Walking Dead, Back to the Future 3, Pathfinder, the inevitable Planet of the Apes line; they could all use horses.

And tigers. We really do need a tiger.

Man! do I need a minimates styled horse now more than ever. I'm working on a custom right now that needs his horse as much as Ghost Rider needs his motorcycle.... oh wait...

Also, We need a big Tiger ... so i can paint it green and add armor to it, and let it Battle!

I just picked up a Playmobil horse for my Headless Horseman custom. It looks solid to me and I plan to get a few more for my western 'mates.

Only issue is they don't have any articulation other than their head. :/

The Playmobil tiger is very good for Ezekiel as well.

Edited by Mystery Man

I think Zak was just laughing because you bumped a thread that hasn't had a post in it since 2007. :thumbsup:

Yeah sorry! Horses would be cool though.

MM did you cut off the neck peg for the headless horseman?

I just picked up a Playmobil horse for my Headless Horseman custom. It looks solid to me and I plan to get a few more for my western 'mates.

Only issue is they don't have any articulation other than their head. :/

The Playmobil tiger is very good for Ezekiel as well.

I wonder how your Western minimates look.

Also, I reckon the Playmobil horses are a little taller than the Minimate figures.

Playmobil horses *are* a little big but I'm glad to have horses, so I can deal. I also favor Playmobil for all my Minimate-compatible animals, so I like to keep the same style.

My Headless Horseman still has the neck peg so I can give him a jack o'lantern head. I've been pretty busy, so once I'm 100% set on my final version of him I'll likely saw one of the pegs off on one of the torso's to display him like that. The biggest problem is a good cape. The vlack cape from the Pathfinder Mage looks good but is a pain in the ass if you don't have a head on the body. Plus, I don't like how it looks when he sits on the horse.

Edited by Mystery Man

Playmobil horses *are* a little big but I'm glad to have horses, so I can deal. I also favor Playmobil for all my Minimate-compatible animals, so I like to keep the same style.

My Headless Horseman still has the neck peg so I can give him a jack o'lantern head. I've been pretty busy, so once I'm 100% set on my final version of him I'll likely saw one of the pegs off on one of the torso's to display him like that. The biggest problem is a good cape. The vlack cape from the Pathfinder Mage looks good but is a pain in the ass if you don't have a head on the body. Plus, I don't like how it looks when he sits on the horse.

Well, alright. As long as you keep within the scale, it's no problem.

The Assassin's Creed Mega Bloks horses look pretty decent. Chariot Chase is kinda pricey. Haytham's Pursuit also has a horse.

Those Horses actually look very good with mates..... no saddles? are there other sets with saddled horses? I'm in the process of working on one of the POTA kubrik horses I got from the always generous Shanester. Very excited to finish a long overdue custom!

The chariot set doesn't have saddles. Haytham's Pursuit does. Not a fan of the red trim though:

https://www.megabloks.com/en-us/shop/construction-toys/assassins-creed/haytham-s-pursuit-cng07

Doesn't seem like it's been released yet?

The red trim you see here is actually the saddle blanket.

Thanks for the link, that looks pretty sweet. The saddle could be painted..... I need a white horse for my project (which i need to paint). I may be able to use that for another horse riding custom.

Good thinking. Mind you, you should also make a set of reins and bridle for the horse, too.