UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Did Darkstalkers kill this line?

hyejinx1984

If this was purely a street fighter line, would it have been more successful? Don't get me wrong, I love Darkstalkers, possibly even more than street fighter... but it's no where near as popular of a franchise, and if instead of Morrigan and Demetri there was, say a Guile and Cammy or something like that, would it have made the line stronger? Some people are also really sensitive about mixing franchises, especially geeks. A pure street fighter line or a pure dark stalkers ine may have been successful, but mixing them may have been too unkosher for fans... maybe they should have called it "Capcom Minimates"? That may have helped?

I just think the line wasn't really pushed into any of the bigger stores, which really hurt sales. No one really carried them until the TRU 4-packs, which weren't of the same quality as the original 2-packs. So, that hurt. Add to the fact that there hasn't really been a new Street Fighter game in some time, and that depletes your fanbase some more.

I think more than anything it was the fact that they were the ONLY minimates available, and with the at the time almost certain death of minimates (what a turnabout!) they just had no other support. Right now my LCS has Star Trek, BSG, Marvel, and DC minimates (and old Street Fighter II...). Thats support.