UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

free mates from DST out of the blue?!?!

featofstrength

i just got two minimates from DST in the mail out of the blue with a letter that thanked me as a valued customer. I got the Hunt exclusive and a BSG Cylon. Coolness! anybody else get this in this manner?I havent ordered anything from them in a great while or entered any contests: im greatful and confused.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I got my mail today and in it was a package from DST. I thought it was weird as I hadn't ordered anything. I figured it was some kind of order mix-up that I'd have to return but I opened it to find a SciFi Channel Promo Cylon and The Hunt Minimate from SDCC along with a letter which reads,

To our Valued Customer,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support as well as your business with Diamond Select Toys. In order for us to show you how much your loyalty means to us, enclosed is a free gift.

In addition use the code XXXXXXXXXXXX for 10% off of in-stock merchandise featured in our web store (this does NOT include pre-orders). The promotional code has a limit use of one per customer and expires at the end of December 2007. We look forward to any future business you may have with us!

Sincere Thanks,

Diamond Select Toys

I omitted the promo code because I'm not sure if it's something I'm supposed to be spreading around.

So, did anybody else recieve the same package? I can only assume it's either because I'm registered for the Radicals thing or due to my participation in that Target promotion from a while back. Either way, DST rocks and I'm totally blown away by this!

EDIT: Well, I guess this is pretty useless now that I read around the board a bit. Mods, you may delete this if you see fit to.

Ditto...

I had this package turn up today, I assumed it was because of the contest at SDCC because of the way my name was worded BUT... as you say it might have been a target promotion database thing...

Either way.. Thanks DST :)

T.

So... I'm not sure I follow. The free stuff in the mail is pretty self-explanatory.

What I don't get is the reason/criteria that these were sent out?

Are they fallout from the Target contest or as Radicals members or previous DST customers? Or is there something I've missed.

I'm all of the above, and haven't received anything yet.

I got mine as well! I wonder if this could be for those who had quality issues with mates and this is their way of saying sorry. I recently contacted them because of the missing Rocky hairpiece. And considering how recent that was, the timing of the free gift is interesting. Whatever the reason, I'm happy :D Did anyone get the free mates who didn't contact them at some point bc of a quality control issue?

I got the DST love today too! I was jealous reding yesterday that people were getting free mates in the mail and thinking to myself that there wouldn't be a reason for me to get some but voila here they are a Hunt mate and a cylon! That just proves how awesome DST is. Also the 10% of code is cool too.

I received these in the mail today. I'm on the West coast, and I'm signed up as a radical and participated in the Target redemption offer a couple months back. I've never ordered anything from their website, so my guess is that this is Target related. It was a very nice suprise. I wanted to go to San Diego Con, but couldn't get it together in time, and was missing out on the hunt mate.

Thanks DST!

I also received one of these very generous packages today from DST. The funny thing is that I've been so busy of late that I hadn't seen or heard anything about these "care packages" yet. I'm awaiting the replacement hair-pieces from my two Rocky sets, and assumed that was what the package contained. What a surprise! Thanks DST so much for thinking of us fans.