UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AA SDCC 06 Exclusive Revealed

AA SDCC 2006 EXCLUSIVE REVEALED!

Battlestar Galactica Exclusive 2-Pack

Stop by the Art Asylum Booth for the Battlestar Galactica pre-order of the Exclusive Chromed 2-pack Resin 15.5" Ship and 7" Cylon from the New TV Series.

PHOTOS COMING SOON - but there you go! Its a BSG exclusive!

-and no i dont have a clue what that means

Most recent Toyfare covered this, listing Art Asylum and AFX together and showing the resin proto, unlike other exclusives like various Star Trek figures which were listed under their retailers only.

Main site has been updated with

"We're happy to announce our San Diego Comic-Con International exclusives! Two pieces! A Cylon from BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and a ship. We ran out of time in production so you will be able to order them at our booth but receive it later. "

I'm thinking I'm going to pass on this one. I'll stop by the booth and say hey to Jaycen and the gang, but not really seeing anything that wows me at the moment. I think I would rather get the Majestic Studios Cylon at this point. While I applaude AA for putting something new on their site, they might want to go back and upgrade the forums downtime. Even if they only put coming soon, I'm sure with the Speed Racer and various othe Mates, Conventions, ect., they don't have the time to bother with the forum. Still, it will be nice seeing them at SDCC. While I am one, I hope that a Trekkie doesn't come up again and interrupt our conversation. I might have to do a David Banner on their buttocks :D

So... $275 huh? Con Exclusives should be gut-check impulse buys ($50 max), not "I coulda nearly make a car payment" moments...

I just don't get it... AFX's Cylon bust is $50. So they're really going to charge $225 for the ship? I got an awesomely sweet Galactica for $6 at Wal-Mart the other day... It's not chrome, but then neither is the "real" ship...

That lists missing some of the stuff, heres some more:

SDCC RUNDOWN

Some things you can buy and see at the Comic-Con International at San Diego next week from Art Asylum:

Exclusives

Where No Man Has Gone Before Kirk in Command Chair ¨C As part of the 40th anniversary of STAR TREK, prepare to beam up this deluxe Captain's Chair set! Featuring Captain Kirk as seen in ¡°Where No Man Has Gone Before,¡± the set delivers an intricate chair design unique to this episode! In scale with past releases and sculpted by Art Asylum, prepare to boldly go where no man has gone before! $25

Mirror, Mirror Uhura (DST), McCoy (New Force Comics, Booth #5439), Sulu (Action Figure Xpress, Booth #4205), Chekov (Entertainment Earth, Booth #2343) and Marlena Moreau - When purchasing the $15 ¡°Mirror, Mirror¡± Uhura, McCoy, Sulu and Chekov figures from their respective retailers, con-goers will be able to have a special STAR TREK card stamped at each booth. Upon completing this card and returning to the Diamond Select Toys booth during the convention, fans will receive the ¡°Mirror, Mirror¡± Marlena Moreau figure at no cost, completing the ¡°Mirror, Mirror set!

Celebrity Guests

¡ñ BarBara Luna ¨C STAR TREK¡¯s Marlena Moreau will be signing autographs on Friday from 11 am - 1 pm. Receive a free autograph ticket with purchase of all four ¡°Mirror, Mirror¡± exclusives! Additional autograph tickets will be available for $15.

Nichelle Nichols ¨C STAR TREK¡¯s Lieutenant Uhura will be signing autographs on Saturday 11 am ¨C 1 pm and 2 pm to 4 pm. This $25 package includes the ¡°Mirror, Mirror¡± Uhura exclusive figure and one autograph ticket. Additional autograph tickets will be available for $20.

Retail Debuts

Star Trek: TNG Picard & Troi ¨C The top-selling STAR TREK line continues with Captain Jean-Luc Picard and Counselor Deanna Troi! Also look for Entertainment Earth¡¯s Counselor Troi, Toy Rocket¡¯s ¡°All Good Things¡¡± Picard and Action Figure Xpress¡¯ First Contact Picard!

Special Events

Captain¡¯s Chair ¨C A life-size replica of the original Captain¡¯s Chair will be on display for fans to have their picture taken in each day at noon! Just spend $60 on STAR TREK merchandise at the DST booth for your free ticket!