UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

UK releases??? Who has the info??

s.p.d.

Nothing around my area on them at moment (phoned while typing this) only minimates they have in this week are Battlestar Galactica.

Someone did post they got DC wave 5 at a forbidden planet shop but phoned my nearest on of them and they have had nothing at all from any sets in awhile.

I have seen DC wave 5 on EbayUK but that is all.

like i've said before in other threads my LCS gets everything and knows everything about minimates in the uk, they've had in

dc wave 5 last week

and imported form the USA

bsg wave 2

marvel 16

rocky

trek

sdcc zombies

their waitiing for all of the above's offical UK release i could tell you why it takes so long for us to get them but its a long, boring, stupid reason that just makes me mad!!!! :angry:

like i've said before in other threads my LCS gets everything and knows everything about minimates in the uk, they've had in

dc wave 5 last week

bsg wave 2

marvel 16

rocky

trek

sdcc zombies

their waitiing for all of the above's offical UK release i could tell you why it takes so long for us to get them but its a long, boring, stupid reason that just makes me mad!!!! :angry:

They have these in now or soon? Cos I'm waiting for an e-mail when they arrive.

dc wave 5 last week

bsg wave 2

marvel 16

rocky

trek

sdcc zombies

What is your LCB called and where's it based?

dc wave 5 last week

bsg wave 2

marvel 16

rocky

trek

sdcc zombies

They have these in now or soon? Cos I'm waiting for an e-mail when they arrive.

are you the dan that they said had a sdcc zombie 2 pack reserved and were awaiting the thor/loki variant we were having a gossip about new minimate customers finding them today whilst i was waiting for my thor#3 to get unpacked this morning, iron man gets an @$$ whooping

i'm waiting on all the above too thank god for DC to give me a fix last week

dc wave 5 last week

bsg wave 2

marvel 16

rocky

trek

sdcc zombies

What is your LCB called and where's it based?

Limited Edition in Plymouth theres about six of us down here every thursday without fail when theres new mates out were in the store pretty much from 9:30 waiting for them to get delivered (yes we have no lives)

Yes Winkerbean that's me. I got a catalogue from them at your advice and ordered the things you mentioned. Their prices are good, and I want so much more, but right now I can't afford them, but they can count on my business in the future, especially on varients and exclusives.

Did anything come in today? Do you know when they will get Avengers in and the Zombie 5-pack.

Yes Wickerbean that's me. I got a catalogue from them at your advice and ordered the things you mentioned. Their prices are good, and I want so much more, but right now I can't afford them, but they can count on my business in the future, especially on varients and exclusives.

Did anything come in today? Do you know when they will get Avengers in and the Zombie 5-pack.

no minimates just some really good comics this week :)

avengers wave finally landed at my LCS, picked it up today during lunch. No zombies or DC yet though

My LCS called me this morning to say they'd be in on thursday with their comic shippment and only £5 a pack :o minmates have really come down in price over here in the UK :) either that or my LCS are just really cheap!!

if i'm right zombies should be out next week, as it'll have been a month since they came out in the US and thats the unwritten "1 month" UK shipping rule

I don't understand that one month rule at all. 'mates used to come out here at the same time as they did in the States.

That ended with waves 12 and 13. They came out in October there, and January here. Which, quite frankly, sucked. So where did this one month unwritten rule come from and what's it all about?

I don't understand that one month rule at all. 'mates used to come out here at the same time as they did in the States.

That ended with waves 12 and 13. They came out in October there, and January here. Which, quite frankly, sucked. So where did this one month unwritten rule come from and what's it all about?

the way they say it works is like this:

DC & previews exclusive come out at the same time all get shipped straight to diamond US that ship by air worldwide we get it a day to a week later

all the other diamond select minimates get shipped from china to the main US warehouse they then get split up and go to different suppliers one of those is diamond, thats why they come out on different day/weeks on the east coast/west coast and why some comic/toy stores get them on days that aren't comic release days

still with me ok......... :blink:

the UK stock gets sent form the main US warehouse to a UK supplier called "gear for games" by freight (on the ocean) so combine with the above takes around a month then "gear for games" send them out to toy and comic stores that order from them in the UK..... but if you've order it from diamond UK then "gear for games" supply them too.

So today some toy/comic stores over here have been sent wave 16 and are on the shelves ready to buy now, but as most comic shops order from diamond they get theres today but since they don't send out stock till tomorrow thats why my LCS (and all the others) won't get them till thursday

so if you look at when star trek and bsg 2 came out in the US by the dates on the board and then when UK places start getting them, once again looking at the dates on the board theres a 1 month gap, same with wave 16 :thumbsup:

wow that was way to much thinking for this time of night..

night folks :bye1:

It is a bit rubbish. I do undertsand land shipping is cheaper and that it takes a month but it still is not great sevice as comics are clearly shipped by air to ensure same release days.

However, on a lighter note, got wave 16 incl varuiant and dc wave 5 now so I am happy. Just won a rocky set off ebay for a good price so i am back in the game! Just waiting for my zombie box set to come out now!!!!!!!

Could the definitive list be updated for marvel please, just so i can try and keep up with whats coming out and what isnt anymore (e.g the cancelled target and ghost rider waves.)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

ARGH! This has to come at a time when I have spent all the money I have and more. Looks like I'll be leaving this for a few weeks.

Not that I can complain, I got some great stuff for my money!