UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking about.

I know Azrael from the comics, but not familiar with Spoiler apart from the Kubrick:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BATMAN-S1-SPOILER-1-96...alenotsupported

They certainly appear different, though, when I look at them side by side.

Edited by karamazov80

Got this bad-boy in the mail on Friday:

PICT1817.jpg

Revoltech Jin-Roh. I guess Kayido's contract with Diamond ended, so my order for this guy through Previews got canceled. I managed to get one from Japan on eBay, but for 10 dollars more than I wanted to spend, of course.

PICT1820.jpg

PICT1821.jpg

PICT1816.jpg

PICT1823.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I think you got ripped off.

It's okay, but not for that price. I got my copy in a lot with a few other DVDs. I sold the others and kept the Avengers. Since I made more than I spent, I felt like I had been paid to own it. Made it a little more worthwhile.

And I think Wal-Mart is selling a bundle right now with vol's 1 & 2 for $7.50 (I think).

Edited by groundhog7s

That Hulk almost never appears on eBay, from what I've seen. I'm still missing the Iron Man. I was never one for collecting blanks or weird variants like these, but that has been changing recently, unfortunately :(

That Hulk almost never appears on eBay, from what I've seen. I'm still missing the Iron Man. I was never one for collecting blanks or weird variants like these, but that has been changing recently, unfortunately :(

what's different about that hulk? I thought he was just a re-package. perhaps you'd be good enough to post a pic?

I love collecting but it sometimes gets a bit wearing when year after year the stuff you're hunting sells for stupid money or you just never see it for sale. That has been the case with about 6 or 7 kubricks that I've been looking for...............

.......I had to set the alarm for 4 in the morning & sit for about 2 hours bidding on ebay earlier this week . A Thai seller (no not a tie-seller or somebody selling Thais :biggrin: ) was eager to unload his kubrick collection in multiple auctions & in 4 years of hunting I'd never seen such an array of rare kubrick figures . The only down-side was he was selling sets rather than individual figures which made it a bit expensive just to get the 'secret' figures I was after, 2 of which I have never seen on ebay & 1 that I was beginning to doubt existed . I decided I wasn't going to get stupid & set myself realistic ceilings on what I was going to pay.

It's been a long time since I've had that 'buzz' when I've been bidding which made it even more worthwhile........

....because I got the lot :D

post-638-1244914517_thumb.jpgpost-638-1244914559_thumb.jpgpost-638-1244914607_thumb.jpgpost-638-1244914684_thumb.jpgpost-638-1244914737_thumb.jpg

Edited by buttheadsmate

I love collecting but it sometimes gets a bit wearing when year after year the stuff you're hunting sells for stupid money or you just never see it for sale. That has been the case with about 6 or 7 kubricks that I've been looking for...............

....because I got the lot :D

Nice haul, good to see you finally got that SAS guy!

The big question is how much did you spend?

T.

ebay Advanced Search will reveal all :D

That SAS guy will undoubtedly turn up again [on ebay] now but I'd never seen him for sale before & he really was pissing me off http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=130309693558 . Not cheap but I'll resell the others which include the other 2 chase figures.

COngrats Rob!!!!!!!!!!

Your hunt is finally over

That one's a tough one as well ,Series 4 Secret 'Land Warrior' which again is bloody elusive. When I got him I assumed I had all of them but actually it was you, Sam ,that alerted me to the fact that ol' SAS guy was missing from my ensemble. I just didn't twig that he existed.....there ain't no 'Ivan's kubrick Database' :D

.there ain't no 'Ivan's kubrick Database' :D

Unless someone had been collecting from the very beginning as a completist, well, you probably have an idea for how expensive it would be to try and obtain and catalog every Kubbie out there. Plus, the idea of having to take those chases out of the bags! :jawdrop:

At least a couple of guys attempted a "complete list of Kubricks" (some better than others at this). I'm sure that there is a Japanese site somewhere that has every Kubrick catalogued.

Is Doc right, though? Is your Kubrick hunt over?

Edited by karamazov80