UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

I think the picture was right before IM went in his mouth.

If Iron Man 'went' ( :sick: ) in my mouth I wouldn't be very happy.

Sorry Groundhog ....poor taste :D

Sorry "poor taste" is even worse isn't it ? :blush:

The little guy looks happy enough with ol' Stealth but personally I'd have given him Riot Spidey ....a lot less to worry about. Pity there's no Marvel character called The Dribbler or The Toddler

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first haul in a long time came yesterday, my birthday treat to myself.

Watchmen figures, Nite-Owl II, Dr Manhattan, The Comedian, and I also already have Rorschach. I also got the Spirit boxed set which I think is awesome.

So - i came home yesterday afternoon to find not one, but TWO packages waiting for me in my mail box. 'Hurrah!' i thought. Two lots of Minimates. One of which was from a recent trade with a MMMV member and contained Nitro, Scarlet Spider, Valkyrie (girl power!) & HydroMan (who was the only reason to buy that overpriced Spiderman box-set, so I was quite chuffed to get him without buying the whole set).

The other Package was. . . from ME?!?!? What The?!?!?!

It seems the local post office has trouble telling the difference between To & From.

Now - in this case i DID re-use a small box that had been sent to me. But i was careful to remark the box to show that my name and address was the From address now & put a 'To' address label on the other side with the addressee's details. I even pointed this out to the post-office worker & thought the fact that i was paying for postage to the UNITED STATES and not my local 'burb.

In the end, i repackaged the items into another recycled box, but this time made sure i turned the box inside out, so that it had NO external markings that could confuse the poor postie.

Here's hoping it reaches it's intended destination this time.

EDIT: The woman at the post office at least had the deceny to act embarrassed and processed the package for free the second time.

Edited by Nessex

EDIT: The woman at the post office at least had the deceny to act embarrassed and processed the package for free the second time.

Was more than USPS would do for you.

I didn't get anything today, but yesterday I got some TRU Wolverine Minimates in the mail, a nice, cheap C3 Flash from EBay, and some Super Powers figures that I traded for on another forum. After about 20 years of going without, I finally have that damn blue Batman cape.

I found DCIH for $2.99 each. I figured I'd try them out and snagged Power Girl, Star Saphire, Question and Batwoman. They suck, but at least they're $3 suck instead of $8 suck. The girl at Tuesday Morning snagged the only Batman. I also got the Price of Egypt soundtrack for $4 (11 years after it's release. go figure), the Koto Catwoman gashpon for the same, and a ML Emma Frost for $5. No, I am not insane. She is now Movie Elektra (okay, yes, I'm insane)

BSG S1 is now also mine. XD Do I need to watch the mini series first?

Just got a big BBTS box in the mail...

I got 3 of the new Star Wars Muggs -- Red Guard, Wicket and the Scout Trooper, which is a thing of beauty. I'd also been looking for a Chameleon mate recently (one of the last few old mates I want) and hadn't seen him on evilBay or in the trade thread recently, so when I saw an old box left on BBTS I grabbed it. It was a bit overpriced, but it was fun to open my last "old school" Minimate box... memories!

And I feel like I betrayed the board a bit, but I also bought a couple of those Shocker figs, Scud and Katchoo. Surprisingly solid, more mass market toy quality than collector, but the Scud's pretty rad and the Isz are perfect (didn't buy the Maxx though, his proportions seemed way off and the "teeth" too big -- though I do own their mini Maxx fig, which is spot on, so who knows why they couldn't replicate that in the larger toy). Apologies for offering any praise to Shocker, it's still obviously a mess of a company :blush:

Oh and finally, I got a Tokidoki Dunny in the mail today too. So good times!

Edited by battlecat

FCBD con haul: (stupid little con)

SDCC Cobra Commander MOSC

SDCC Snake Teela

Skelator

Defenders set

DSS set

2 Joe vehicles for a buddy who bought me lunch

= $70

loose Minimates

Black Cat (x2)

Wasp (x2)

Parker

MJ

Hulk

Ult GG

Flyer Batgirl (sans mask)

X3 Colossus

Beserk Logan

= $30

sealed Loki/Bearded Thor

= $1.25

MISB Animated Skywarp (FINALLY!)

= $20

I also made my regular comic haul and got a bundle of FCBD books and my FCBD mini. Over all, not bad. Not great, but not bad.

ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch...

Should we rename this "Sam's Addiction Thread"?

Sideshow CW Obi-Wan $42

Lobo/Ambush Bug $2.42

Figma Kanu and Revlotech Screamer also came in today!

lol when I saw your name under this title on the new post I was almost scared to look lol....just kidding man, I just wish I could do this hobby like you do - it's freakin awesome to see your hauls you post

Jeff of the Miniacs

Should we rename this "Sam's Addiction Thread"?

Sideshow CW Obi-Wan $42

Lobo/Ambush Bug $2.42

Figma Kanu and Revlotech Screamer also came in today!

lol when I saw your name under this title on the new post I was almost scared to look lol....just kidding man, I just wish I could do this hobby like you do - it's freakin awesome to see your hauls you post

Jeff of the Miniacs

I live at home. I have 2 bills a month. I have 1 friend, and no girl friend. I never pay for dinner, but always tip. I'm wearing clothes with holes in them because I can't afford/don't care about new ones. My truck has been broke for 2 months now because I'm too much of a cheap scape to take it to the shop. School's coming up and I need to be saving for that, but I'm not cause I buy stupid little plastic figures.

You sure you like my life?

• 2 weeks later...

As everyone sees my name and runs here in rapt attention.

Recent hauls from trades and such.

Revlotech Starscream and Figma Kanu $35

Figma Asakura $27

Leader Bulkhead $27

Obiwan foot $4

Swiming Goggles $15>$6

Gold Mark 1 Ironman

SHS Spidey

X-Box 360 (RRoD) w/

Force Unleashed

Halo 3

Oblivion

Lost Odyssey

Star Ocean

Mirrors Edge

Soul Caliber 4

3 controlers

guides, instructions, paperwork

kit and the whole kaboodle:

free.

I swear this is the best deal I've had on ebay in a very long time......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170332464965

Suffice to say that the six figures in the main-pic foreground are all in the rare category.

Wow Nice find...

T.

p.s. wait for the "is that figure there going to be up for trade/free?" requests to start tumbling in!

I'm happy for you BHM.

For real.

No snide comments or anything.

Yup, I'm not saying a word about Kubricks.

Nothing negative in this post at all about them.

'Cause that'd be rude to whoever likes them.

Not that I can see why anybody would like those little plastic turds that call themselves toys that are overpriced, under-articulated and have bad likenesses, but yet are much more recognized and sought after than Minimates.

Nope, I'm not saying anything about them.

I'm happy for you BHM.

Edited by groundhog7s

Sweet deal, BHM. I'm missing a bunch of Kubbies from that lot. Lucky thing I forgot to "watch" that one, or it might not have been so good a deal for you ;)

Ouch ! :thumbsup:

Oh cool, did you get the SAS Kubrick you were looking for? Btw, your attachments aren't working on your H/W list.

That SAS kubrick that I'm looking for ...just doesn't exist :( Thanks for the heads up on the H/W list I'll sort that out. Cheers Dio.

As for you Mincedpork.......shame on you ;)

I'm happy for you BHM.

For real.

No snide comments or anything.

Yup, I'm not saying a word about Kubricks.

Nothing negative in this post at all about them.

'Cause that'd be rude to whoever likes them.

Not that I can see why anybody would like those little plastic turds that call themselves toys that are overpriced, under-articulated and have bad likenesses, but yet are much more recognized and sought after than Minimates.

Nope, I'm not saying anything about them.

I'm happy for you BHM.

Couldn't agree more. :)