UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

I'm having a fairly tough time at the moment & 'signature required' packages from the postie have become a bit of a bloody nuisance so when I got one today my heart sank. Mind you when I saw the sender's name was 'Ady' things started to look up . I had no idea what was within the package , it was completely out of the blue but when I saw what was within my spirits rose .

Ain't too many people got ol' Spidey Max & not too many people will have a promotional poster of it .....well Ady sent me the latter today along with a couple of nifty 'mate posters & a couple of C3 packaging mock-ups.

Some man Ady,thankyou thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

post-638-0-41591600-1371829485_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah glad it made it, it was meant to be anonymous, but the Mrs wrote my address on the back at the post office.

Was going through my cupboards and figured they should all be with you (although tbh I thought I had already sent you the Spidey Max thing years back, clearly am senile)

• 4 weeks later...

Today was the first Indianapolis Toy and Comic Expo and other than finding some mates it was a big bust for me (I guess having just about everything you want makes it hard to find new stuff). I did however find a former member here how had several hundred Minimates for sale at 25% his marked price. I spent $66, but walked away with 3 Multiple Mans, a Sentinel, 90s Storm, variant Archangel, Mephisto, Hercules, movie Black Widow and Hawkeye. I paid $13.50 total for the three Multiple Mans, which I thought was a tremendous deal. Sadly, he said at the last show somebody cleaned him out of HYDRA soldiers (he thinks it was 6 of them and I'm guessing they were probably $6-$7 each).

I only saw one vendor with minimates. He wanted Corndog type prices. :(

I found a vintage Lion-O (orange hair variant) for a great price. picked up some MOTUC. my kids found some Mario Bros stuff and Star Wars stuff. I had a great time. The kids did the costume contest, prizes galore!

I only saw one vendor with minimates. He wanted Corndog type prices. sad.png

Was it Roma Collectibles? If so, you had to find the right ones in his tub o' mates (and it seems I found them before anyone else). Most of his stuff was more than it should have been, but there were some gems that I'm sure just weren't marked correctly.

Overall, it was nice, but just too small. My company Christmas party was there last year and I was hoping it wasn't the same room, but it was. I'll admit it was more fun there yesterday than watching a bunch of half drunk co-workers try to dance.

Overall, it was nice, but just too small. My company Christmas party was there last year and I was hoping it wasn't the same room, but it was. I'll admit it was more fun there yesterday than watching a bunch of half drunk co-workers try to dance.

Off topic, but I absolutely love the office Xmas party for the exact reason above. I feel like Attenborough watching drunk men who are only 'allowed' out once a year stomp and slosh around a dance floor with a necktie tied around their forehead like some bizarre Rambo reboot.

I only saw one vendor with minimates. He wanted Corndog type prices. sad.png

Was it Roma Collectibles? If so, you had to find the right ones in his tub o' mates (and it seems I found them before anyone else). Most of his stuff was more than it should have been, but there were some gems that I'm sure just weren't marked correctly.

Yeah, it was Roma. I loked through the bin for a quick second....decided I didnt want to waste my time. Didnt really have in mind anything particular to look for.

The event was great, but definatly needed to be in a bigger, they filled it up with vendors and lots of people. it was very hard to walk in there. hopefully next year it will be twice as big!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Found the B&W Frankenstein and Dracula set at a TRU while on vacation, and picked up another Calico Jack ship for cheap.

Also received the S.H. Figuarts Green/Dragon and Red/Tyrano Rangers, and Figma Lady Armaroid from Hobbylink Japan.

and found a Servbot trading figure in a hobbyshop in Honolulu, all together a fun haul before school starts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...