UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, I took some stuff to Half Price Books and while I was waiting for my offer, I noticed they had an XBox 360 for $120. My offer was more than that and I got a 10% off card so I walked away with an XBox (it helped that the books had been given to me so I paid nothing for it in essence). I've wanted one or a PS3 for awhile since we chose to go with a Wii for our kids and there's not much I want to play that's on that console. So last night I got to stay up late playing DCU vs Mortal Kombat. I felt like a real man again.

Lots of great 360 games out there, and now they can be had dirt cheap. I just wish mine didn't sound like an airboat whenever I turn it on.

I realize many of you are probably baffled as to what an airboat is.

HIlFW1n.jpg

They are loud, and therefore suck.

They are a boat of choice in the low lying swamps. They don't float as much as they glide and work well on flat dry land, as well as water. The drawback, as K80 has eluded to, is that you must wear ear protection or go deaf. Notice all the ear covers in the pic? Its like sitting next to a prop plane engine. Fun to ride if you are not easily air/sea sick.

Yeah, I noticed that after a while it sounding like it was going to take off. And I'm already looking to pick up Arkham Asylum next and ordered MvC3 today (now that I have all the toys I can play the game). It was kind of funny that the first thing my boys said when I told them what I got was that we could get a Kinect for the thing. I explained that playing games that involved no movement was exactly why I got what I did. I would like to be completely lazy and motionless while playing my big boy games now (with the exceptional throwing of the controller, of course).

Woot! I just got:

Artemis Fowl The Graphic Novel #1

Artemis Fowl The Graphic Novel #2

Wave 47 Colossus and Rogue 2-pack

32599_529652780418287_317736828_n.jpg

562687_529652803751618_1293836166_n.jpg

So . . . after what has been a bit of a crappy day, i came home to find 3 parcels waiting for me.

It may not be a huge haul - but it was beautiful none the less.

A big thank you to Webhead for helping me track this bad boy down:

post-2737-0-43697700-1364382040_thumb.jp

And a huge thank you to Psyguy who created this beauty for me:

post-2737-0-25231400-1364382091_thumb.jp

Her 90's Apocalyptic awesomeness was worth the wait.

I've been grinning from ever since i opened them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...