minimadman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh huge haul over the last 2 days.

ugh and I'm broke.

DSC04229.jpg

The Harry Potter book and Venture Bros were from Amazon. SC Batman from ebay and the Max Heroes minimates from TRU

DSC04230.jpg

The Captain America set was from TRU.com, the max mates and Greyback from TRU

DSC04231.jpg

DSC04232.jpg

DSC04233.jpg

this was from my big pile of loot from BBTS that I finally shipped out.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok it has been awhile since I have had a haul to post but today I got the mother of all hauls....I am not sure I will get another haul like this ever!!! There is 111 minimates in the package plus all the other non minimates! click the pics for a bigger look

biiiiig box

th_DSCF6857.jpg

15 pounds of goodness!

th_DSCF6858.jpg

first opening

th_DSCF6859.jpg

the whole deal

th_DSCF6861.jpg

took up our whole kitchen table!!

th_DSCF6863.jpg

th_DSCF6865.jpg

th_DSCF6866.jpg

th_DSCF6867.jpg

th_DSCF6868.jpg

th_DSCF6869.jpg

th_DSCF6870.jpg

th_DSCF6871.jpg

th_DSCF6872.jpg

th_DSCF6873.jpg

th_DSCF6874.jpg

repacking the box

th_DSCF6875.jpg

gotta finish up some homework before I can really start digging into this epicness!

th_DSCF6876.jpg

Jeff of the Miniacs

Just FYI, that Kubrick set is unlicensed. Medicom has, however, released an official motorcycle(s?) for Kubricks, and based on my experience with kubrick horses, I figure it would work well with Minimates, though would probably be a bit big. Here is the one I know about:

http://www.medicomtoystore.com/medicomtoy-kubrb.html

Yeah, those likenesses suck horribly.

Edited by karamazov80

Forgive my slight deviation from the main line here................

'The Great Escape' kubricks are a personal favourite of mine for many reasons ,I love the movie,I loved McQueen,I'm fascinated by the history of WW2,I wear my A2 regularly............... & I regularly get caught up in barbed wire :D

They were also the first kubrick sets I bought.

I don't ride bikes these days although I know enough about them to share some trivia about the one Hilts nicks from the Jerry in the movie. Hilts strings a wire across the road which forces the rider off,the rider was in fact McQueen ! Bet you didn't know that? McQueen actually did most of his own stunts but actually failed to jump the final barbed wire fence in the famous scene,a feat which was completed by his stunt double Bud Edkins. In that scene however McQueen is dressed as one of the German soldiers pursuing Hilts. McQueen is therefore seen on film pursuing 'himself' :D Finally ,the bike. The bike is actually rather unusual for Wehrmacht standard issue because it is in fact a British 650 Triumph Trophy TR6.

I'll confess to Wiki-ing just the name of the bike although I'm pretty confident of the rest of the stuff . The model of Triumph never seems to be definitive & is variously described as a Trophy,Thunderbird or Tiger etc. but was almost definitely a hybrid & undoubtedly post-war :ohmy:

WW2buffheadsmate

My box is bigger?

I need help. :blush:

Edited by buttheadsmate

That's actually some nifty trivia from a great film, Rob. However, I stick to my story that those figures just don't look much like the actors. Not that likeness is the end-all-be-all (after all, folks don't collect Kubricks for their gritty realism), but I like even my stylized block figs to be noticeable as character X or actor Y, and I don't see it with those guys. The only major difference between the faces of Kubrick McQueen and Han Solo seems to be the eyebrows.

At least they made an effort with the Bronson, but that one is also a miss.

Edited by karamazov80

What is the compatibility like for that Kubrick motorcycle with Minimates?

I'm thinking of customizing one for Ghost Rider.

I have a 1:32 Quad that ......for some inexplicable reason.....Gamma Hulk sits on . It's perfect scale & he looks a treat.

The company that makes the quad also do a range of other 1:32 motorcycles http://cgi.ebay.com/INDIAN-FOUR-1939-1-32-...=item27b5b14f16 is just an example of what I think would be great for WW2 Cap.

For Ghost Rider I think these might be of help http://cgi.ebay.com/HEY-HOMIES-12-CHOPPERS...=item588a8dc177

I'm not certain these would be OK for scale.

Epic haul for sure, but the question I'm asking is:

Where did minijeff get that neat Art Asylum t-shirt?!

ugh huge haul over the last 2 days.

ugh and I'm broke.

Jeez, the minimate bunnies have been busy lately!

(Okay, I'm actually just replying because I didn't know they released an 11th Doctor TARDIS playset already. And I am so jealous of that Sonic Screwdriver.*)

__

*"That's what she said!" :rolleyes:

Epic haul for sure, but the question I'm asking is:

Where did minijeff get that neat Art Asylum t-shirt?!

well Digger commented on it on facebook, saying it was from waaay back - AA would where them at the cons and such...I got lucky and found one that was only worn once and is my size too yet :)

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 months later...

I've finally gotten round to sorting out some trades that have been hanging around ,my apologies to any member waiting on me but I think that everybody, that is, knows I'm sorting them out :thumbsup: That said,yesterday I was scurrying around gathering together the items I have pictured below which IMO were worth taking a picture of before they were sent Stateside to their new owner. If that isn't a haul I don't know what is ? :D

post-638-1295984178_thumb.jpg

Edited by buttheadsmate