UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

I hit the Motor City Comic Con today. There wasn't much around as far as Minimates go but I did snag a Silver Centurion/Classic Iron Man pack for $10. The box was opened and a little torn but the tray was still sealed. TOYNK still had some great deals but nothing I needed and one guy had Wave 28 sans variant and wanted $70 for it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

picked up my bits from the post office yesterday, they included

box 1

dark avengers set Ares

MKI war machine & spymaster

BSG Apollo & Starbuck

BSG Boomer

Extremis Iron man & Titanium man

£21.16 inc. shipping

Box 2

IM2 Warmachine & MKV

IM2 Black Widow & MKII

£14 inc. P&P

Box 3

IM2 Drones dump case

£ a bit too much

Box4

Marvel Legends HulkBuster Iron man

Iron Man Animated armours - war machine, space, hydro &

Animated Mandarin

IM2 Warmachine

IM2 Hypervelocity Armour

£28 inc postage

Bearing in mind that the three chase figures for the 'new' Pixar Toy Story kubricks are included in this original box-set & are indistinguishable in comparison I thought this haul worthy of mention http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=320522125785 . The 3 chases from the 'new ' series are being offered for quite a lot more http://shop.ebay.co.uk/gangubako/m.html?_n...3911.m270.l1312

I was actually watching that auction, and was surprised at the price. I guess Kubrick collectors aren't getting hyped up by the forthcoming Toy Story 3 movie yet. I was hoping to sell my RC car for a nice chunk once the film came out (since I don't think it was re-released with the other figures, which I figured would drive up its value), but maybe that was wishful thinking.

Edited by karamazov80

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a paintball gun last night. It was half off. Brass Eagle T-Storm kit for $30. Got a 20oz co2 tank for $13 and 500 paintballs for $10. I haven't opened any of it. I'm seriously considering taking it back. I mean, really. How often am I going to use a paintball gun? Enough people have one that I can borrow theirs. So it's either return it or have more useless junk floating around. Unless someone else wants it?

I'm keeping my $12.50 CS-6 Longshot! XD

• 2 weeks later...
Honestly, does it bother you on some level when you see this happen TBT?

It's not so much bother as curiousity. Given my history with these I'll admit I am interested to know where they end up.

What is interesting (to me anyway) is that all of those that recently hit ebay are from the batch that was sent to AA for their staff back in the day. I think only one that went to actual members was ever sold publicly, which is kind of pleasing that the people they were made for liked them so much that they didn't all try to make a quick buck off them!

T.

There were actually 2 ebay'ed I was shocked when I saw it and instantly pulled the trigger... I'm not sure who got the other one

:whistling:

EDIT: I was just going to leave the daft whistling Smiley but I've decided to add that the Bomber I won is not actually for me . I get tremendous help from my psychiatrist & many members here ,some of whom are very difficult to help in return......stubborness,completed collections etc. This was a God-sent opportunity towards returning a favour & now that I received the blighter I'll be sending him back home to an original Bomber mate owner who in the course of time mislaid his original. I was never in the position to have lost my original as I ,regretfully, wasn't a member of the old boards & despite many begging letters to Timbo .............. :(

Only joking Tim :D

Edited by buttheadsmate

I know it's a crummy photo - but i'm a bit giddy and wanted to share.

I've just spent the evening opening up some new acquisitions. These aren't all from one order, but they did all arrive within 48 hours.

Needless to say - my living room looks like christmas morning with the strewn packaging and toys everywhere . . .

post-2737-1277457747_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

got these today in the mail its like christmas in the summer

ive been super excited for jubilee and bishop

post-3300-1281142684_thumb.jpg

Edited by eclipse

i did i cant just have one bishop or jubille there worth having a couple(lol)

• 2 weeks later...

so, I ordered the 2 GI Joe Resolute 7-packs a few weeks ago. In an unrelated bit of fact, I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled this past week. As I was feeling better yesterday, my dad decided to be nice and took me to a local small toy store to let me get some stuff. I figured I'd get a few 25th anniversary joes to fill in some holes left by the resolute sets. They were mostly loose and therefore less expensive, so I bought a few(7 to be exact). Guess what was waiting for me when I got home? The box sets. So now I have 21 new GI Joes.

post-2133-1281930630_thumb.jpg

On the plus side, since I bought a comic pack Scarlett for cheap I was able to replace the God-Awful head on the Resolute version.

post-2133-1281930643_thumb.jpg

Edit: I also just realized that my GI Joe 7-pack was packed with two bags of stands. Guess I won't have to worry about extras

Edited by Glantern