UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, well after reading the above wasn't sure if I should post or not... My haul is I finally completed my C3 collection!!! All in one day mind you so kind of a shopping spree. :) Justice lords Superman, miniflier Batman, regular (not stealth) Batwing, all on ebay. And the coup de resistance? Flash miniflier, NIB, on Amazon! Booyah!!!

Tonight, while searching for new GB2 mates a War Machine Mighty Mugg, I found the newest wave of DC Infinite Heroes figures (Two Face, Earth 2 Robin, Firestorm, new joker), IM2 comic War Machine and Crimson Dynamo, GI Joe RHINO vehicle, extra Minimates Secret Wars set, IM2 SHS set, and some Smurf vinyl fgures (on sale for $1.98). It was hard to be disappointed.

It's kind of odd that people find Predators so interesting considering they wear full body fishnets.

They almost look like swamp creatures. They got caught in someone's trawl line while preying on poor, unsuspecting fishermen.

You need to find in-scale mics, guitars and drums for those. They totally look like they shoudl be an 80's metal band.

The "hair" on these guys are nuts. They've got bendable metal wires in them, which makes them flare out that way. I actually much prefer the P1 Predator, as he just has rubber hair with no wires. I have no interest in giving their hair "action" poses.

• 2 weeks later...
I got an old ZiP disk, a diskette/floppy, and a microcassette.

My local landfill has a whole library of them .

I genuinely respect that you have a fixation on redundant technology & it is your hobby. I actually own some of those huge laser-thingy discs from Nippon in my X-Files collection......& I have no idea why !

This stuff you collect .....why? I'm not dissing it I just want to know !

I got an old ZiP disk, a diskette/floppy, and a microcassette.

Either you are the saddest person that walked the earth or you have a strange love of old media... (Perhaps both!)

If it's the latter I'm sure you'd cry if you knew the stuff I threw out when I moved from San Diego, part of my previous life/job was converting that sort of stuff to something more current and I had media that was probably are older than you are! If for example you just have 3.5" or 5.25" inch floppies that's meh... do you have 8" ones?

If it's really a thing for you let me know I might just be able to find stuff that will make you go WTF..... oh cool!!

Someone isn't listening.

Do they ever!?! - Although in this case it's far enough and out there that it's kind of interesting to know why!

T.

This haul is about a week old, but due to weather I haven't been able to take photos until this evening. Ran out of sunshine before I could find a nice background pointed in the right direction. Click for photo embiggening.

100311ChallengerDockSm.jpg

100311ChallengerTrainSm.jpg

Flare on the badge was unintentional.

100311ChallengerCementSm.jpg

Only the V6, I couldn't warrant the extra $6-8K for the V8. It would have been fun, but it's so easy to get this one up to speed. I can only imagine the trouble I'd get in with the huge 5.7L V8. :D

Ivan... that is a sweet ass ride! VERY nice haul indeed. I will hopefully be showing off a similar haul in a year or two once my current car is paid off, only mine will be a Chevy ;)

BS

oh, and nice pics too, I like your backdrops.

Edited by blacksun1520

I love it Ivan....what a beauty. If there is one thing that perhaps rivals my love of little toys is 'big toys' ....I have always loved cars & that my friend is beautiful. I've never owned an American car but there is more than one I covet.... including that one. After SDCC08 I spent the 'day of the quake' touring some of the classic car salesrooms downtown.....they had some English classics in 'Californian' condition.....mint ...no rust. I loved it.

It has always been a mystery to me why so few people mention cars or bikes on here ? I know Shane has a bike & that TM2 has the remains of a pick-up......AndyMini30 is named after his ..........but that's it !

Do NOT start a car/bike thread .

It has always been a mystery to me why so few people mention cars or bikes on here ? I know Shane has a bike & that TM2 has the remains of a pick-up......AndyMini30 is named after his ..........but that's it !

Most folks who collect toys are probably too poor to have or care about cars. Just a guess. You see some folks into that on the Sideshow Freaks forum, but those are the guys who have $100,000 worth of statues in their living room.

Well if there's any consolation, I've been thinking about getting myself a motorcycle for a while now, maybe once I've graduated and set aside enough cash for one.

Oh, that's right... I still need to learn how to RIDE one. :pinch:

Err... maybe a nice, safe electric scooter? Or a bicycle? <_<

To keep this on topic:

By now everybody knows about my new favorite thing for the moment ;)

But there was something else incredibly sweet I managed to acquire in the last week: the Minimates weren't included anymore, but I FINALLY GOT MYSELF MY OWN C3 BATCAVE!

... does that satisfy the "epic hauls" stipulation of this thread?

Thanks guys. If the weather cooperates I'm going to try another photo shoot this weekend. I'll post photos in the 'Ass Rides' thread though, need to save space here for photos of my stack of AOL disks.

blacksun, I looked at the Camaro too. Great looking on the outside, but I couldn't get used to the limited visibility. I'm used to a lot of glass though. The Challenger has been an adjustment as well.

I look forward to your pics.