UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who now has Green Day's 39/Smooth, 20 Guitar Instrumentals, and King Crimson's In The Court of the Crimson King all on cassette? Me! :P

I'll see your music and raise you toys. :P

Guess how much i've loved this week?? Well, this week i was able to procure:

Brave and the Bold Deluxe Iron (a B!TCH TO FIND!!!!!)

Dark Knight Movie Masters Harvey Dent

and the Crown Jewel of them all:

X3 Minimates Jean Grey and Wolverine. At my LCS. At Retail value. And 20% off. :lol: I have waited so long to find this specific Jeanie that i was about to break down and pay overpriced prices for her. Then my LCS puts her out after sitting in the back room. :)

I love this minimate. :wub:

Now i'll need is my Hot Toys 1/6 Scale Two-face to arrive, courtesy of Luke's Toy Store.

I had a nice day of clearance stuff. I picked up the JLU villians set for $7.48 before realizing it was mus Dr. Polaris (who steals just that figure), Booster Gold and Sinestro for $2 each and three Pirates of the Caribean figures for $4 each (I'm still wondering why). I was also able to finish my Brave and the Bold Action League collection and got the Toy Story Woody/Bullseye & Jessie/Prospector buddy packs. All in all, a good day.

Wednesday I got the single largest haul of mates I've ever recieved in a single box with waves 29-32. Took FOREVER to open them all... very, very happy. Camera acting up, so no pics though.

another big haul for me.

So after my luck with my local target, I decided to head down to livermore target and walmart to see if they had any wave 9 or 10 characters i wanted.

well, target had nothing worth picking up. So I head to the LCS, to see if any mates where there.

BAM right there the variant goliath, just sitting there!.(I was gonna sell him, but I'm not sure)

So I picked him up, with yellowjacket, and some comics and art supplies.

So I head out to the livermore walmart, and for the first time in my life I see the remains of a wave 10, I almost cried. I ask one of the employees, and they told to talk to robert, the "toy guy". so i find him and he knew exactly what I was talking about. Even knew the upcoming waves, tells me he just got a new wave 10 box couple days ago, and told me I could pick anything I wanted.Hows that for customer service!

So of course I picked up joker! and the keaton batman (only batman I wanted).

So a good day indeed.

and i also broke down and ordered Iron of the net.

Edited by SErge

I found the Ironman 2 packs at Walmart yesterday and got the Satellite armor/Torpedo armor, as those are the ones I was missing from that wave. $8, not bad. I also found the Vong/Legacy SW 2 packs, but they were $15 each, as well as some single packs I needed for the BaD parts. I also found the Luke/Danna pack at target for $12, so I picked up 2 more and tried to return them to walmart with my other receipt. Hey, $6 is $6. However, I don't know what was up with the cashier, because she wasn't letting anyone return ANYTHING! People were actually waiting in line for the store manager when i was trying to return mine. Instead of scanning the stuff like they normally do, she goes straight for the UPC numbers and says "sir, these don't match" and walked away. I got a gift card. This was after a 12 hour day at work *sigh. oh well. I guess I can use it for gas.

Well, possibly, however they were both the same product (just not 100% the same, but they were even from the same wave), bought at full price. So it's not like I cheated by making a false price tag or hanging them in the wrong spot. Also, WM only went up on their 2 packs since January. A month ago they were $12, same as Target.

So, eh, shade of gray maybe? I don't know, it's an interesting question.

If I bought a product at store X and then saw it at store Y for a cheaper price later, I could imagine buying it for the cheaper price and returning it to store X to get the difference. That's just reinforcing the behavior of the store with the better deal and sanctioning the one selling for a higher price--capitalism at its essence. It's kind of the same as shopping around and looking for the best deal. If you did that and then ultimately bought from store Y, the outcome would be the same.

I don't know if exchanging different figures is on the up and up, though.

Well they weren't even that different. It was the same wave, same case assortment, same packout ratio.

Here's one for you. What about buying Heroes/Villains wave Minimates at TRU.com and returning them to a brick and mortar? Is that not a similar situation or no? (Again, not accusing, just asking)

Well they weren't even that different. It was the same wave, same case assortment, same packout ratio.

Here's one for you. What about buying Heroes/Villains wave Minimates at TRU.com and returning them to a brick and mortar? Is that not a similar situation or no? (Again, not accusing, just asking)

It would depend on the return policy of the retailer. Some will allow for things bought online to be returned to brick and mortar stores. So you'd have to check their return policy.

• 2 weeks later...
post-1879-1266166748_thumb.jpg

Picture says all.

The picture is telling me f*ck all. Are we to surmise that this is other than a Black Sabbath Vinyl LP which my research tells me fetches downwards of $12 on ebay ? Perhaps you found it in a dumpster ? Perhaps you're going to listen to it whilst sitting in a dumpster because that's what all vinyl sounded like to me..... then & now .....that's why I thought it was called 'heavy metal' . I have a couple of genuine Edison wax cylinders you can have as well ....they will help when you finally burn your collection.

Picture says .....you're right after all.

post-1879-1266166748_thumb.jpg

Picture says all.

The picture is telling me f*ck all. Are we to surmise that this is other than a Black Sabbath Vinyl LP which my research tells me fetches downwards of $12 on ebay ? Perhaps you found it in a dumpster ? Perhaps you're going to listen to it whilst sitting in a dumpster because that's what all vinyl sounded like to me..... then & now .....that's why I thought it was called 'heavy metal' . I have a couple of genuine Edison wax cylinders you can have as well ....they will help when you finally burn your collection.

Picture says .....you're right after all.

SSP: BHM does have a point, the thread is supposed to be for epic hauls not minor shopping trips...

BHM: Play nice or I will make you all listen to the very limited edition recordings of me singing all of the songs from 'mary poppins' in the shower until you start to get a nose bleed from the trauma.

T.