The Haul Thread

minimadman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got these 2 from ebay just before christmas

4217702680_7af8e0270d.jpg

That takes my total figure tally for minimates to 26. I wish i could of got more in but to be honest with christmas and new year just gone money has been really tight. I do have the superman/darkseid throne room set on the way though and that looks kinda cool. :biggrin:

In the last week I picked up the new 3 3/4 scale Venom from the new Spidey line and MU Iron Man/Goliath, SW Rebel Pilots 3-pack and DCIH Marvel Family 3-pack all on clearance.

Oh, and I got a new house and moved in this past weekend. Even though we chose to rent for now, it still seems like a big haul to us. Finally, I'll have a place to display my toys (once I get some time to un-bury all of our stuff).

Sadly, they'll have to be displayed in the garage and are far enough down on the list that it's looking like springtime for that. Other things have taken higher priority right now, like spending a day getting the house heated. On the third day we were there, we ran out of heating oil in the evening. The former owners (our landlords) honestly thought the tank was pretty full, but it wasn't. I just happened to be in the basement with some guys and one of them knocked on the tank (which was supposed to be full). When he knocked on it, it sounded just like when Dorothy knocks on the Tin Man's chest in Wizard of Oz. I figured either the tank was empty or it needed a heart. No less than a couple minutes later, my wife called down to tell me the furnace stopped working. So, after a night of no heat in frigid temps, I can now add 200 gallons of heating oil to my haul list. At $2.79 a gallon, oil became my biggest haul in a long time. And luckily, they only accepted cash.

What's the oil for?

In GHs original post you'll notice the word in front of 'oil' is 'heating'. Heating oil is actually a low viscosity distillate fuel oil produced from crude oil & is used in atomising -type burners for domestic /commercial/industrial burner units (boilers). A 'boiler' is the main part of any hot water orientated central-heating system. Cold water is fed to the boiler , the water is heated by the respective heat source & then pumped to the radiators & the hot water taps (fawcets) in the domestic central heating system. Kerosene & to a certain extent deisel are very similar 'oils' & are often used as alternatives .

Are you sure you're a Texan, TM2 ?

Should we open an Hoil Thread ?

Edited by buttheadsmate

And to add to BHM's post, it puts out some horrible fumes. I was awakened at 2am this morning to a loud boom. It seems the pipe that runs the fumes and smoke to the chimney fell out. I didn't realize it fell out at both ends so all of it was building up in the basement. After getting everyone out and a visit from the fire department, we went back to sleep but could run the heat because the smell was to bad. It wasn't until the light that I could see why. We've been here a week today and have been out of heat two of those nights in some of the most frigid temps of the season so far. Right now, being a Texan doesn't sound so bad.

Congrats to GH on his new home, today I got back from Manchester City Centre, where i'd picked up some Minimates from FP. I got the Avengers Box Set with Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Wasp & Giant Man. I also got the Luke Cage/Sentry 2pack as well as the Ms.Marvel & Ultron 2pack.

Today has been a good day :biggrin:

Edited by Urban Saboteur

Thanks BHM for explaining. I've never had anything to do with those before. Round here it's either electricity or propane. The majority of the South is that way I believe. Also thanks for amending that GH. Sorry to hear about your problems. Being here wouldn't help you much though. It was 19* last night. >.<

I was able to score a JLU Thanagar Attacks set today. I didn't even know it was out, but got it on clearance for $7.49 (sadly it was the only JLU thing Target had). I also picked up the last of the GI Joe ROC Combat Heroes I needed and some B&B Action League figures. For the later, my thanks go to vpbanizzi for getting me hooked.

Edited by groundhog7s

Congrats to GH on his new home, today I got back from Manchester City Centre, where i'd picked up some Minimates from FP. I got the Avengers Box Set with Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Wasp & Giant Man. I also got the Luke Cage/Sentry 2pack as well as the Ms.Marvel & Ultron 2pack.

Today has been a good day :biggrin:

Wow - sounds like you got some serious Avengers love today :).

That Ultron MiniMate is one of my favourite figures. Very nicely done whithout adding too much crazy bulk. It stays very true to the basic minimate design brief.

The anevgers set is nice too. I'm a big fan of the Antman & Wasp 'mates!

Edited by Nessex

I was able to score a JLU Thanagar Attacks set today. I didn't even know it was out, but got it on clearance for $7.49 (sadly it was the only JLU thing Target had). I also picked up the last of the GI Joe ROC Combat Heroes I needed and some B&B Action League figures. For the later, my thanks go to vpbanizzi for getting me hooked.

:biggrin:

I had to send them to you because I have wanted to buy them for so long, but I do not need another toy line to collect so this way I got the best of both. Which ones did you pick up?

I got the 6-pack with Batman, Aquaman, Blue Beetle, Kanjar Ro, Gentleman Ghost & Black Manta, Batman & Ocean Master, Batman and Red Tornado, Batman and Rex Mason and Batman and Gorilla Grodd. Grodd is one of the coolest figures I've gotten in a long while. It helps he was mis-marked on clearance for $4.98. I passed up the Batmobile with Clock King for $10, but will probably go back and get it later. NowI just have to figure out what to do with so many Batmans.

Exactly. In that scale, to think his skull wouldn't be 5-10 times bigger is ridiculous. He's like a human bobble head.

That is the one toy that the wife keeps in my room. If Saints/Colts end up playing the Superbowl, we're gonna have to watch it on different TVs.

Edited by karamazov80