UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I tried my luck at Target to find me a Galactus Mugg, but they only had Silver Surfer and Human Torch :sad: I have a feeling I'm gonna have to resort to ebay for this one.

BS

I bought a Galactus Mugg last week, and he is awesome, but I won't be needing him much longer. . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260293453207

:buttrock:

So, let me know if you have any of my "wants," and maybe we can work out a trade for the Muggster.

Just got in the post, platoon and fistful boxsets and wave 3 of marvel minimates. Postman didnt look to happy with the size of the box :)

I have become quite familiar with that look :)

• 3 weeks later...

I started collecting Minimates the day I bought Santa Spidey about 2 years ago. Yesterday I secured the purchase of the ADV Films logoed blank which officially makes it 'my all-time hardest Minimate to find'. This haul was sweeter than my recent acquisitions of Gold or Silver Spideys which basically involved 'paying way too much for them' . It was sweet because I was tipped off about an ebay auction by 'He that sees all whilst all others merely look' & if Galactus wanted a new herald to replace ol' Norrin, then this guy would be the man....The Slippery Surfer . It doesn't stop there either. The auction was in the US & bidders were 'US only' so I had to get the sellers permission to bid. I asked politely ,he agreed & I placed my initial bid days ago only to find out ,with hours to go, I was 'blocked' again. I tried in vain to get hold of the seller to find out WTF he'd changed his opinion of foreign nationals & I then began to panic . This was midnight with mere hours away from the end of the auction ,what was I to do? I came up with the answer ....crawl ,beg & perhaps then , & only then ,threaten :) someone in the US to do my bidding(sic). Actually I simply asked 'He that sees etc. ' & whilst I slept the winning bid was placed & my collection will be complete *. Thanks Buddy. ;)

Many other members here have also helped me in my quest . Thankyou & all the best, buttheadsmate.

*barring one or two packaging variants & that splendid idea , 'Desperately Seeking Susan 2 pack' which even I'm not buying . :down:

Edited by buttheadsmate

*barring one or two packaging variants & that splendid idea , 'Desperately Seeking Susan 2 pack' which even I'm not buying . :down:
Poor, poor Madonna. . .hasn't she gone through enough in her sad, troubled life without all the hate of her "action figure?"

When DST releases the Wham! 2-pack, I'm going to buy a whole case!

Also, not Minimate-related, but I got the Movie Masters Batpod yesterday, which I posted in another thread. It is awesome, and makes your Movie Masters Batman (if you have one) much, much cooler. Certainly cheaper than going this route.

Edited by karamazov80

So I tried my luck at Target to find me a Galactus Mugg, but they only had Silver Surfer and Human Torch :sad: I have a feeling I'm gonna have to resort to ebay for this one.

BS

I bought a Galactus Mugg last week, and he is awesome, but I won't be needing him much longer. . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260293453207

:buttrock:

Congrats on that sweet deal on the Galactus Max, nice find!! And thanks for the trade offer, but I finally tracked down a Galactus Mugg at good old Walmart and he now looms over my mates with hungry eyes...

BS

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap, 26 Minimates in under two weeks!!!

Got the following very recently. I am now virtually poor:

-DCD Supergirl/Bizarro on eBay. (A small part of the paintjob on Supergirl's cape is ruined, though. Dunno whether this can be fixed somehow)

-BTTF 1 box set, DCD Blackhawk/Sgt. Rock, SM3 Black Spidey/Gwen Stacy at the same LCS where I got my first mates

-THIS epic set from two guys in our local toy collector's forum:

post-2659-1226580134_thumb.jpg

Yep... am pretty happy right now.

Not Minimate related, but I got Sideshow Han Solo yesterday, and am happy that I can now display him alongside my Kubrick version:

post-1827-1226585856_thumb.jpg

(how menacing is that Superman pose, by the way :P I always thought he was more to be feared than loved)

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, birthday haul list time. A day planner, a car charger for my new cell phone, a Space Duck (cutest thing ever), 4 months worth of comics from my LCS, and the piece de resistance, I won a charity auction for this beautiful creature for less than $65. I know I said no Sideshow ever again, but at that price, I don't care if she's a melting pile of slag. XD

Perhaps not the bargain of the year but generally regarded as 'the rarest packaged Minimates' & apparently they are kubricks :Dhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=021

WOW a full set of carded Bruce Lee's is a pretty rare & beautiful thing...

Already gone though, did you BIN? :D - If so congrats on the great find :)

T.

Perhaps not the bargain of the year but generally regarded as 'the rarest packaged Minimates' & apparently they are kubricks :Dhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=021

WOW a full set of carded Bruce Lee's is a pretty rare & beautiful thing...

Already gone though, did you BIN? :D - If so congrats on the great find :)

T.

Check out the title of the thread but thanks for the congrats.

Check out the title of the thread but thanks for the congrats.

:blink: I guess I a had a brief moment of disorientation and it kind of read like an ebay thread post :blink:

As for price I dont think it's that bad for packaging collectors, I don't think I've seen another carded immortal dragon on ebay ever!

*EDIT*

Having said that... I just scrolled down and am a little concerned at his packing technique, I really hope these get to you in the same condition they were shipped but he's bubble wrapping and putting them between cardboard seems a little iffy for blister packs mounted on card. *crosses fingers for BHM*

T.

I am over the moon right now. :)

Just got myself the Avengers box set and the wave 18 Mary Jane variant yesterday, courtesy of the same kind person from our local toy forums who sold me the IM movie mates. As expected, Wasp's wings were a b***h to pull off, but luckily I managed to microwave some hot water to soften 'em up (though not before causing some unfortunate strain marks on the right peg). Just put them up on display, and I am feeling awful proud of how happy they all look together :biggrin:

But wait, there's more.

Thanks to an opportune tip from another fellow 'mate collector (who I think isn't a MMMV boardie... yet), I discovered an LCS in the next city newly-restocked on waves 19-20, which I've been hunting down for ages :woot:. Just called 'em up and reserved myself three packs as a precaution (Ms. Marvel, Vision, Hawkeye... you are mine!!!!), and I'm planning to go there tomorrow right after school and see what else is available for me to hoard, um, I mean, buy ;)

I am absolutely stoked for tomorrow, and I cannot wait to get myself grounded for blowing my allowance on 'mates again :lol: I just hope there'll still be plenty left by the time I get there, else it'll be heartbreak all over again.

Wish me luck!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-51-1229641861_thumb.jpg post-51-1229641875_thumb.jpg

No words can adequately express my elation!

Though I have to say, I have to wonder what's going on with Sideshow. Blue eyes? BLUE?! And no fur on her legs. Minor problems, but still. And no, I'm not returning this girl. She stays with me. Forever. The bonus is I won her at a charity auction for 1/3rd the price she normally is!

Nice TM2. I got my Mary Jane one two months ago (It is so hard to find at a decent price) They are crazy nice, eh?

Oh, I'd love to have that one.

I'll be honest. If this is Sideshow's best, I am not impressed. Between her eyes, her fur, and her nose being too sharp (possibly open to artist interpretation)... That makes this 2/2 against Sideshow. That is not a good score from the people who are meant to be the top of the top. Now, I am by no means DISpleased with her. I would be more than a little peeved if, however, I paid the $180 for her now that I've seen her sometimes command.

Still, we are well pleased.

I might need a statue case at the rare I'm getting these.

It's a Christmas miracle!

Was browsing one of the department stores here in Davao (where I'm holidaying with our relatives), and the Toy section is full of old stuff like Toybiz Sentinels, Lego Bionicle, some weird European baby dolls...

... and possibly the very last sealed-in-box C3 Chemical Warehouse Battle set in all of the Philippine Islands. Immediately grabbed it for approximately $12; Batman and Mark Hamill Joker (possibly my favorite of the Joker variations released thus far) is now keeping me and my dud SM3 Black Unmasked Spidey company in our guest room. I only wish I could be more lucky and somehow uncover more Minimates hidden in this semi-dull corner of the South.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I went to Megacon this year and like always I got some great minimate deals. I think that this year I got what may go down in history as the greatest minimate deal ever. I bought mates from 3 different booths.

1st Booth

2 of The Punisher Warzone Boxset for $12 each

2 of the Tony Stark War Machine and Spy Master sets for $5 each

Booth total= $34

Total number of Minimates = 12

Total spent on Minimates = $34

2nd Booth

2 of the Xmen 3 Wolverine and Jean Grey for $5 each

Xmen 3 Juggernaut and Beast $5

Xmen 3 Storm and Colossus $5

Nova and Gamora $5

DCD Batgirl and Bane $5

DCD Batman and Omac $5

DCD Guy Gardner and Kilowog $5

DCD Hal Jordan and Star Sapphire $5

Star Trek Gul Dukat and Captain Sisko $5

Booth total= $50

Total number of Minimates = 32

Total spent on Minimates = $84

3rd Booth

This is the one that you may not believe but I swear that it is true!! I asked the guy manning the booth how much for the minimates and he said “$5” after seeing a couple of boxsets I asked how much for those he said “$5”.

SDCC Exclusive Invaders Boxset $5

Fist Full of Dollars Boxset $5

2 of the Secret Invasion boxset $5 each !!!!!!!!!!!

Booth total= $20

Total number of Minimates = 48 + 8 Skrull Heads

Total spent on Minimates = $104

So it was pretty much the most awesome minimate shopping experience ever.

Edited by minimadman