UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

I picked up a Maximate Sentinel today. I'm well pleased. It's been in my LCS for around 2 years for near on £40. I went there today and looked in the sale area to find it for just a tenner. Needless to say I didn't hesitate to buy it.

That's great. I was actually at my local store yesterday, saw the Maximate Sentinel in the glass case as usual, but didn't notice a price tag anymore (it used to have one, and I don't remember what the price was, but it was too much. . .). I asked the guy working there how much it was, thinking it might have been on sale, too. He said, "80 bucks I think. Maybe 60, we have regular Minimates, though," pointing to the Spidey 3 Mates.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up wave 1 of the Legendary Comic Book Heroes on a 50% off sale. The Pitt BAF is awesome. It was an absolute bitch to put together though. The legs took every ounce of muscle I had to get on. I pushed so hard at one point that the pelvis broke apart at the seam. A little ingenuity and superglue later & the BAF stood proudly! The store also had the LCBH 2-packs 50% off too. I passed on Conan/Warrl (cuz they had a ton) and got the last Body Bags set w/ Clownface & Panda.

...and I got my share of Lazarus Gundam's huge lot of Minimates. They're my first Minimates since before the Astonishing X-Men wave. I'm officially back in the club! :lol:

I picked up a Maximate Sentinel today. I'm well pleased. It's been in my LCS for around 2 years for near on £40. I went there today and looked in the sale area to find it for just a tenner. Needless to say I didn't hesitate to buy it.

Absolute deal! Trouble is one Sentinel (especially when the first cost a tenner) is never enough :biggrin:

Edited by buttheadsmate

I know, I already searched eBay for a second one. I'm also looking for Galactus now. I doubt I'll find another for such a good price though. This is all I found. And it's a little out of my price range.

Edited by Dan

I picked up the new Superman Red, Superman Blue and Firestorm DC Superheroes figures yesterday at Target. They're nice-looking and fun figures, and they make me sad we're never going to get them as Minimates. Why do you make me customizing a Firestorm Minimate, DC Direct?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from my ten day Florida trip today and I got some wicked cool stuff. (all in the package)

C3 throne room

DC Batman / Clayface, Batgirl / Bane

BSG wave four variant

Marvel wave 10 Spider-Carnage / Spider-Woman

Racer X on clearance

3X hobgoblin / Scarlet Spider for $4.99 each

Classic BSG box sets

And the best part...... 2 sets of the Bad Apple Comics / Red cross mates.

Time to unpack and catch up on the world of mates tomarrow.

I picked up the Sentinel Maximate today at the local comics shop. It was nearly half off of its original price, and costed me $45. It seemed reasonable enough at the time, so I bought it. Though I think Galactus is a much cooler character, I think the Max-Minimate for the Sentinel actually looks a lot cooler.

I have sunk a small fortune into these damn things.

• 2 weeks later...

I am now the proud owner of one of Dr Grodbort's fine Infalliable Aether Oscillators. Specifically, the FMOM Industries Wave Disrupter now protects my home from rampaging ne'er-do-wells, overly-pungent anthropomorphic felines, and incontinent rhinoceroids.

The case that protects this fine weapon:

FMOM1.jpg

Upon opening:

FMOM2.jpg

On full display, serving as a warning to all:

FMOM3.jpg

Despite the good Dr. Grodbort's impeccable reputation, I felt I must properly test the device before trusting my life to it.

Test1.jpg

I thought I had set up all the proper safety gear for the test, but unfortunately I underestimated the device's power. Even the lowest setting there was a great deal of charring of the walls, and a neighbors canine companion was reduced to a fine white powder. After seeing the capabilities of this Disrupter, the neighbor did not seek recompense.

Further field testing will be required, but I am quite pleased with my purchase.

I am now the proud owner of one of Dr Grodbort's fine Infalliable Aether Oscillators.

Ivan..

Great pix I looked at these myself but the CA Gun laws were fairly strict on molecular disruptors.. :)

I hope this wasn't bought to help settle to any misunderstandings with the bill last time we had dinner at SDCC? ;)

T.

No problem with the gun laws here. The registration form consisted of two checkboxes, one for "Legal" and one for "Not Legal". Make the right choice and your all set. A citizen initiative was recently passed that will remove the "Not Legal" checkbox starting in August. They said it was too confusing for the toddlers...

No worries about the bill. I did some research on the San Diego Wikipedia after returning from the con and found out that $38 is the going rate for a BLT in that part of town. (Something about a bacon famine?) Good thing I didn't order chips too. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Stealth Iron Man Two pack mib 14.95 at the swap meet. One last good find before moving.

Nice! You'll have to let me know where that swapmeet is when you've gone so I continue to look for bargains there ;)

T.

• 3 weeks later...

I hit the Motor City Comic Con today. There weren't a whole lot of Minimates but I pretty much bought everything I didn't have yet.

MotorCityComicCon046.jpg

I got the Classic BSG set for $15, the Daredevil/Elektra pack for $5, the regular X-3 packs for $8 a piece and the variant pack for $12.

I got the Classic BSG set for $15, the Daredevil/Elektra pack for $5, the regular X-3 packs for $8 a piece and the variant pack for $12.

Congrats on the variant find!

• 3 weeks later...

So you're the one that snagged all of the Minimates at the Motor City Con, eh? :) I had just decided to really get into Minimates before going to the Con and was hoping to find some there. But, as you said, there was a severe shortage of Minimates in Motown.

• 2 weeks later...

My LCS had a sale on all Minimates the other day so I got a couple of X-3 packs for £3.99 each, SM3 Gwen and Spidey for £1.99 and BSG Wave 3 variant and regular Helo and Tyrol for £3.99. I think i bought all their remaining marvel sets. Unfortunately they didnt have X3 Wolvie and Jean, so my hunt begins.

My LCS had a sale on all Minimates the other day so I got a couple of X-3 packs for £3.99 each, SM3 Gwen and Spidey for £1.99 and BSG Wave 3 variant and regular Helo and Tyrol for £3.99. I think i bought all their remaining marvel sets. Unfortunately they didnt have X3 Wolvie and Jean, so my hunt begins.

.....X3 Wolvie & Jean.....hard,very hard to find. Nice haul though.

.....X3 Wolvie & Jean.....hard,very hard to find. Nice haul though.

The regular one? :blink:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I scored a Power Slave on ebay for $8.00 including shipping, then today I was at Newbury Comics and found the Platoon box set mis-marked for $7.99, they put a DSS tag on it :tongue: . So I tried my luck at Target to find me a Galactus Mugg, but they only had Silver Surfer and Human Torch :sad: I have a feeling I'm gonna have to resort to ebay for this one.

BS