UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out of town, and picked up a bunch of $1.50 2-packs at the TRU in Slidell today. Was happy to get another Rolento, as I used the other's beret for my custom Flint. Also got some Wolvie packs, Tekken/Street Fighter, First Class, one Amazing Spidey, and one Marvel/Capcom.

I have zero use for most of these, but of course, I can't pass up a good deal, even if all it leads to is more clutter in my attic *sigh*

I also saw a couple Tomb Raider packs, but they were regularly priced so I left them behind. Didn't realize they were apparently hard to find.

• 1 month later...

Picked this guy up at a London convention. He was a warehouse find and in perfect condition. The voice box even works!!

Not the rarest figure, but holds a special place in my heart, as this was the first Spidey I ever bought as a 4 year old with all of my saved Xmas money. Nostalgia overload!

post-2082-0-48876500-1401797414_thumb.jp

Edited by UK Collector

First Spidey I had was the MEGO Pocket Hero, with his brown boots and Spidey car. Then, Mego proper. Then, Secret Wars (red and black versions), then. . .that long, dark decade of the '90s *shudders*

Batman & Robin is responsible for what might be the *worst* poison ivy figure of all time. That movie was brimming with toyetic costumes... and yet this was all we got!

CIMG8905.JPG

Edited by Nessex

Nope, sorry. I only found one and it was $2.99. Total rip-off...

Sounds like you need to return it, and give the manager a piece of your mind when you do.

Nice haul, did you buy everything you could find at that price, or were you still being selective?

Initially, I would leave stuff behind I didn't want, to give others a chance. But now this stuff has been on clearance so long that I just clear a place out when I see $1.20 packs. . .with the exception of that poor Hunchback pack laugh.png And I have no need for any of them, and they just take up space, but I just can't resist. Well that's not totally true. I actually have given several to my 4 year old nephew, who loves Minimates, and now he'll have a special treat every time he visits my house. Edited by karamazov80

I bought everything that was under $3. I left two full price Walking Dead series 5 sets and a few Tomb Raider sets, also full price. I found one Halo 3 pack and two Universal Monsters packs. The rest were IM3, XM 1st Class, SF/Tekken, Star Trek, Marvel wave 16, and the one four pack. This TRU was a mess and Minimates were all over the place. None were marked with a price, except a handful that had green stickers. I came in, saw what was on the pegs, went back to the front for a basket, and started scanning UPCs. 2 packs were $1.19. Four pack was $2.99. After hunting around to make sure I didn't miss anything (how I found the four pack), I headed to check out. They had NO ASM2, BTW.

I left nothing, strictly because these have been on clearance for weeks. I expected to find nothing. If anyone needs something, let me know before I give them to the kids.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice! I've scoured the TRU stores between SF and San Jose. What is really frustrating is all of the many comic book stores I have contacted looking for Minimates give me the same answer. "We don't really stock them, but if you know what you want we can probably get them for you."

You would think somewhere in this area of 3 million people.........