UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up a collection of Thundercats on craigslist. the guy practically gave them to me. amazing. All the figures are complete with accessories and are in mint condition with no paint chipping.

Nice find./You suck.

I'm not sure which to say. :P

edit-I just checked the craigslist posting and saw what they were wanting. I'm going to official make 'You suck.' as my response.

Edited by groundhog7s

Picked up a collection of Thundercats on craigslist. the guy practically gave them to me. amazing. All the figures are complete with accessories and are in mint condition with no paint chipping.

Nice find./You suck.

edit-I just checked the craigslist posting and saw what they were wanting. I'm going to official make 'You suck.' as my response.

no kidding, right? :) he said he still had all the He-Man stuff. I didnt buy any of that, but some guy is going to get a deal of a lifetime on he-man. but in all honesty, I only paid $25 for everything including the display cases. some of those guys go for a good penny on ebay. but I plan on keeping them. :)

Edited by Ninja Mate

Nice find./You suck.

no kidding, right? :) he said he still had all the He-Man stuff. I didnt buy any of that, but some guy is going to get a deal of a lifetime on he-man. but in all honesty, I only paid $25 for everything including the display cases. some of those guys go for a good penny on ebay. but I plan on keeping them. :)

Were all the He-Man fully equipped?

not bad that is a great selection of goodies :)

These aren't all from the same place - but they did all arrive within the past 2 days :biggrin:

post-2737-1282364557_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Until about an hour & a half ago I never even knew that this packaging variant even existed & I need another C3 Mini Batmobile like I need the flu but I just couldn't help myself. I'd seen the thumbnail pic in the listing when it first hit UK ebay but it never really registered as being anything other than an over-flashed picture of a C3 Mini-Batmobile box.I trawled past it again & I was interested to see why there was more interest than usual in this item ?

I can't remember the last time I wanted to win an ebay auction that much . Anybody in the UK seen this before in M & S ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=260666605327

Edited by buttheadsmate

Until about an hour & a half ago I never even knew that this packaging variant even existed & I need another C3 Mini Batmobile like I need the flu but I just couldn't help myself. I'd seen the thumbnail pic in the listing when it first hit UK ebay but it never really registered as being anything other than an over-flashed picture of a C3 Mini-Batmobile box.I trawled past it again & I was interested to see why there was more interest than usual in this item ?

I can't remember the last time I wanted to win an ebay auction that much . Anybody in the UK seen this before in M & S ?

Crap. I've never seen this variation either. Wonder what other sets were made with this packaging.

Not seen The M+S packing before but i do remember C3 being in Argos or something. I never bit as I was young back then and thought DC mates would be forever so I could pick up anytime.

(If you'd know how badly I wanted to deliberately misspell M+S and put S+M you would smile)

Only other time I have seen Minimates in any type of "High Street Store" was Marvel wave 16 and that was in Poundland. Lol you can tell how run down it where I come from if I have to say Poundland is "High Street Store"

I just caved and bought a big lot on ebay. Includes most of the DC C3 mates I wanted, the entire DC waves 1-7, plus the Giant Sized X-men set (along with the rogue/mystique, darktides boxset and professor x/magneto). Ended up paying 2.75 per minimate.

Brilliant buy. I had more than one PM discussing the wisdom of buying that particular lot. Spot on. ;)

.....Poundland. Lol you can tell how run down it where I come from if I have to say Poundland is "High Street Store"

:D At least you've got a High Street ;)

I just caved and bought a big lot on ebay. Includes most of the DC C3 mates I wanted, the entire DC waves 1-7, plus the Giant Sized X-men set (along with the rogue/mystique, darktides boxset and professor x/magneto). Ended up paying 2.75 per minimate.

Brilliant buy. I had more than one PM discussing the wisdom of buying that particular lot. Spot on. ;)

Yes, mystery solved indeed.

Congrats on the purchase. I will live vicariously through you now.

I forgot my haul from earlier this week too. This set I won on ebay arrived, the entire waves 1 and 2 of the Terminator line including the PX and TRU exclusives and the Cyberdine 4 pack. I paid 32 shipped, but also did an offer from bill me later (already paid it off too) for an extra $20 ebay bucks to add to my total for use in October.

• 2 weeks later...

Crap. I've never seen this variation either. Wonder what other sets were made with this packaging.

This arrived today & there is little I can really say except that this is increasingly intriguing. This set was sold through the very British store Marks & Spencers & although the actual Batmobile ,Batman & Robin are like any other C3 Mini-Batmobile set ,the packaging is totally unique. Rather than a glossy package this one has a 'soft feel' laminate finish much like those special edition VHS packs I once had. There is no reference to any other C3 sets but more importantly there is no reference to 'AA','DST'..........or 'Minimates' anywhere . The instructions are in booklet form & have the words 'Marks & Spencers' emblazoned on the cover.

I suppose there won't be many of us that will get too excited about this but I'm kinda pleased I've got a 'first' although I doubt it will be the last to show up.

Edited by buttheadsmate

So I just had a birthday and got a Cylon Raider and the remaining half of the TRU FF wave I needed! In addition, I won an auction for 10 'Mates including the four from the Friends & Foes set, Kingpin, Rhino, Electro and a few Spidey variants all for $25 shipped!

But the best gift of all came from a surprising source... TOYS R US! I just found out that the craptastic Babies R Us nearest my house is being renovated into a side-by-side and the TRU half opens this Friday!!! This means I won't have to drive 25 minutes to get to the nearest source for Minimates!! How's that for a birthday gift that keeps on giving!