UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. Last few days. TRU BSG wave 1 and 2, GB wave 1 and 2 (can't red puffy set). Wolvy wave w/ variant for $8, Red skull/Cap, Aim Agent/ Bolt Face Ironman for $8! Ultimates wave sand variant. TRU Dreadwind for $13, Talking Indiana Jones for $10, Mini Fort Max and KO Leokeizer for $15, SW trooper pack for $5, Lego Miners digger set for $15, RotF Superion and Bruticus. And a few other odds and ends. :/

Made the mistake of clicking on the Star Wars Lego thread when I was bored a couple of days ago, hadn't bought any Lego since I was about 12, annnnnnnnnnd I just spent $80 on an X-Wing. :blink: Most I've ever spent on a new toy, but it is beautiful...

Luke's lightsaber tube has an air bubble in it though, which is lame, but not lame enough to kill my expensive new toy buzz. Go go gadget irresponsible spending!

• 2 weeks later...

Strictly speaking this ought to be in the keel-haul thread but I've had a dream that Luke's next project will be 'pirates' or even better 'ghost pirates'..... so I've had a bit of a spree today. The first was a total result because it has to be collected rather than shipped & I live 20 miles away from the seller http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT , $16 :D The second item was a bit pricier at about $48 shipped http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

These items are Mega Bloks & therefore similar to Minimate scale ...at least I hope they 'Are Jim Lad'! :blush:

.......& I hope they are genuine &.....not pirate-copies. :D

I envisage my entire GB team taking on The Flying Dutchman Ghost-ship .

• 2 weeks later...

I was so hoping for a big haul this morning and was disappointed somewhat. My local Wal-Mart is finally being changed over to a Supercenter after it being talked about for almost 10 years. They built it right behind the existing store and started clearing out everything (toys first) about three weeks ago (which was a huge pain). I thought that there was a good chance that a) they'd have a much better selection and B) everything would be stocked with new toys on opening morning (today). I went almost first thing and, after fighting through the Hot Wheels collectors, found all the newest stock of most their toys. The only problem is they actually have less actions figures and less toy lines altogether than before. Pretty much if it isn't Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars or Bakkugan, it's not there. They even cut the Marvel line down to just Marvel Universe figures and the DC stuff is totally gone. I was able to find some SW stuff I've been looking for for awhile, which was cool, but in the long run it really sucks.