UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.there ain't no 'Ivan's kubrick Database' :D

Unless someone had been collecting from the very beginning as a completist, well, you probably have an idea for how expensive it would be to try and obtain and catalog every Kubbie out there. Plus, the idea of having to take those chases out of the bags! :jawdrop:

At least a couple of guys attempted a "complete list of Kubricks" (some better than others at this). I'm sure that there is a Japanese site somewhere that has every Kubrick catalogued.

Is Doc right, though? Is your Kubrick hunt over?

I'm afraid not post-638-1244929523_thumb.jpg the hunt goes on... Medicom just released Series 10 Star Wars :( . I don't believe anyone has or ever will have every kubrick .

....& Groundhog ....thanks !

And waaaaay too many frelling insane collectors.

If "Kubrick Nation" board activity is any indication, then not in English speaking countries. Sometimes it will go weeks with no one posting anything.

If you just mean the handful of "crazy" collectors who are crazy enough to pay $100+ for a single 3 inch toy is too many, then I might agree with you (MMMV board members are, of course, excluded from this classification. I'm sure that they have a perfectly logical reason for doing it :D ).

Wow, that is a lot. I guess I don't wish as much that there were as many Minimates as there are Kubricks, but I do wish some of those lines were available in Minimate form.

I initially got into Kubricks out of "necessity." We don't have Minimate incarnations of Aliens, Star Wars, Muppets, Disney, Metal Gear, or Nolan Batman movies, amongst others. However, after getting into them, I realized they have a very cool style of their own. Unlike Minimates (in my opinion), the extra sculpting works quite well with these.

And before TBT! gets too annoyed with us, I ordered a bunch of Minimates from Zeus Comics website yesterday (everything on their site was half off!). I just hope this goes better than my previous attempt to order from them (got an e-mail saying they were out of stock of the Seeking Susan 'Mates I tried to get).

Edited by karamazov80

• 3 weeks later...

Rehoboth Beach outlet mall minimate madness!! I was in Delaware for some post chicken pox beach time and I went to the outlets. There is a store called Music for a Song and they had a bunch of minimates. Stuff I didn't buy, so go grab it if you're in the area - Silence of Lambs 25% off; Platoon regular price; Star Trek 2 packs 75% off; MWNN 2 diff 4 packs, I think they were 25% off; Hulk movie 2 packs at least 50% off, they were marking things down as I was there so they may have already put them at 75% off.

Stuff I did buy: 2 Avengers box sets at $5 each; Iron Man movie 2 packs $1.75 each; Secret Invasion 4 pack $5. I love finding cheap minimates! The hunt is the best part!

Oh yeah, if you're in that area and want to go to the beach, there is a Record and Tape Traders on the main drag leading up to the beach, just a few blocks from the boardwalk that also has some minimates. They also had Star Trek on sale and the Avengers box set, maybe a few others... I think they may be owned by the same company as the outlet store.

post-638-1247413235_thumb.jpg Space Pokey Gumby ......is on his way :D

Don't you wish you collected kubricks :no:

that... is amazing. I love pokey :D

I only have one kubrick for the time being, which is an alien from... you know. but I have my eye on manbat from batman the animated series... and plan on picking it up very sooon. *maniacal laughter*

Um... why?

Um... because I can?

No really, my purchase of this figure was heavily politically-motivated; I bought it because I am awestruck by the infallibility of the almighty Obama's political policy and because I believe he can single-handedly lift us (Yes, us, THE ENTIRE FRAKKIN' WORLD) out of the 21st Century medieval ages and that by purchasing a six-inch plastic toy I am further affirming and cementing the role his administration plays in shaping the destiny of the whole wide universe, because American politics is serious business even to us non-Americans halfway across the globe, and because little kids can buy "art toys" of smoking rabbits and hyperdeformed Hitlers and anthropomorphic poo and obese-rapper Ronald McDonalds and yet perfectly comprehend the provocative geo-political subtext behind an Obama doll with no innocent or ironic intention whatsoever, because for toy-collectors regardless of age there is no such thing as "novelty" or "sense of fun" and every toy you buy everywhere in the world defines your every interest, hobby, pastime, devotion, political leaning, fetish or socio-cultural bias EVER. Because irony doesn't exist in the Internet, and I am stuck with making up a comically lengthy response to your post as I go because your post absolutely demands an eloquent --- albeit nonsensical and incoherent --- answer thus justifying my politically-loaded decision of purchasing a doll depicting a foreign head of state even though some people really don't have to if they don't feel like it, because they really just bought a doll depicting a foreign head of state for the heck of it.

... I don't know what I just said.

No worries Dinobot, I really did buy the Obama figure just for the heck of it (or at least I think I do :blink:) Considering I have all kinds of really weird stuff all over the place at home, an Obama doll should be the least of my worries. (Which reminds me... where the heck did I misplace that tarot deck and zombie manual? :lol:)

Got a sweet haul yesterday on a trip to Northern New York State! Two full waves of TRU BSG and an extra Starbuck pack.

For non mates, I got a copy of Totoro with the slip cover (the slip cover is very rare) and a bunch of anime figures on clearance from three different FYE's.

• 3 weeks later...

Past little bit

BE/MS (x2) :D

Super PoA Spec Spidey

Helix

Baroness

Paris SE

Masked SS

Nitro Viper (free from a friend)

Today

Suit Scarlett (x2)

Cammo Scarlet

Hawk

Shipwreck

Pitt Commando

SE

D6 Ripcord

Crimson Viper

CC

Ice Viper

Firefly

2 $10 TRU gift cards (free)

Lunch

PO (getting everyone's stuff out)

Titanium Hotspot and Thrust (on clearence)

Wave 2 of classic Combat Heroes (sans BBQ/SS) and the movie Duke/Baroness pack, all on clearence for $5 each

Grand total= less to spend on a car. Screw me. >.< Put the debit card down Sam!

i am not really sure if this counts as a "haul" but it is really cool and i need to brag some where.

this past week i was in vegas. and i did what anyone would do while in vegas... look for minimates! got a list of stores from entertheninja! and http://www.comicshoplocator.com/.

any way i find my self at Maxium comics (lets say the name called to me). to make a long story short i found havoc and Polaris for $2! sweet! sure that is not the coolest set in the world but for a buck each i am not going to complain. and havoc can be used to make the terror dog from GB set.